Old 08-16-2017, 01:16 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
Typed out a response. Decided it wasn't worth it.

If you think it's okay to drive high, no matter how well you think you function high, you're an idiot.

Its like the people who say "I drive better when I've had a few drinks because it makes me really focus on driving so I don't get caught."

driving under the influence of anything is equally wrong, and equally dangerous.
Thanks for your high moral ground. That's not what this post is about.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:19 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Originally Posted by sloopdawg
Just wondering....
For the guys that live in the states where Marijuana is legal...
Are there clubs or organizations that are associated with Corvettes and Cannabis? Guess I'm kinda' naive on the subject being from one of the states where it's not legal, even if it was, I work for a company that administers the ol' monthly **** test. I don't advocate drinking and/or smoking and driving, but have no problem with either. Like I said to begin with, was just wondering about it.
I just can't see it happening. The only friend I made at a vette club connected with me because of MJ. I moved but we meet up at shows and burn one together and talk occasionally.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:23 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rabbi
Thanks for your high moral ground. That's not what this post is about.
I'm sorry that my supporting people being safe seems upsetting to you.

Theres a reason why street racing isn't allowed on this forum. This is no different.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:28 PM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm sorry that my supporting people being safe seems upsetting to you.

Theres a reason why street racing isn't allowed on this forum. This is no different.
OK, maybe I missed something here. It must've been the part about everyone getting high at a Corvette meet and going out and street racing.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:35 PM
DVUSz06
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

First let me say that driving under the influence of any drug is dangerous and I don't do it any more. I'm 54yrs old had a dui 30yrs ago and I don't drive impared. That said I have to agree with tourchredz06 on this. 30yrs ago I smoked my share of weed also. While in my youth I have never seen anyone high on weed get mouthy in a bar and cause a fight, never saw anyone loose control of boidily functions (saw a guy at a bar so drunk he pissed himself right before passing out) and yes passed out drunk.
Never saw that with weed. And weed is NOT addictive, nor a gateway drug. I never did any other drugs. And if someone who does smoke weed on a regular basis decides to or has to quit they do not suffer from withdraw symtems like coke, meth, or herion.
I like torchred and grampi can speak from experience, if you never did weed than thats great, but if you have then you know what I'm talking about. If I had to decide do I want to share the road with someone that was impared with either alcohol or weed, or cell phones, i like my chances with the weed impared driver over the other two.
Just my .02
The following 3 users liked this post by DVUSz06:
msandym (08-17-2017), schizcat (09-11-2017), The Rabbi (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Attached Images  

Last edited by Smoken1; 08-16-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:49 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

wait I got a better one: corvettes and colonoscopies.

That reminds me of sumthin' I gotta do . . . .
Old 08-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 890 Likes on 375 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

From a report by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:

“Worry that legalized marijuana is increasing crash rates isn’t misplaced,” says David Zuby, Executive Vice President and Chief Research Officer of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

The group looked at collision claims from Colorado, Oregon and Washington before and after retail marijuana became legal.

They compared the numbers with states where its not allowed – factoring in a number of controlled differences including population.

Colorado saw the biggest estimated increase in claim frequency compared with its control states.

After retail marijuana sales began in Colorado, the increase in collision claim frequency was 14 percent higher than in nearby Nebraska, Utah and Wyoming.

Washington has estimated increase in claim frequency was 6 percent higher than in Montana and Idaho, and Oregon’s estimated increase in claim frequency was 4 percent higher than in Idaho, Montana and Nevada."

But of course the stoners won't believe any of this.

Last edited by Rky Mtn C6; 08-16-2017 at 02:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rky Mtn C6:
MSgtrock (04-20-2019), usgecko (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:38 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by DVUSz06
First let me say that driving under the influence of any drug is dangerous and I don't do it any more. I'm 54yrs old had a dui 30yrs ago and I don't drive impared. That said I have to agree with tourchredz06 on this. 30yrs ago I smoked my share of weed also. While in my youth I have never seen anyone high on weed get mouthy in a bar and cause a fight, never saw anyone loose control of boidily functions (saw a guy at a bar so drunk he pissed himself right before passing out) and yes passed out drunk.
Never saw that with weed. And weed is NOT addictive, nor a gateway drug. I never did any other drugs. And if someone who does smoke weed on a regular basis decides to or has to quit they do not suffer from withdraw symtems like coke, meth, or herion.
I like torchred and grampi can speak from experience, if you never did weed than thats great, but if you have then you know what I'm talking about.
Umm...this one's easy. It's called sloooooowwwwww reaction time.

Originally Posted by DVUSz06
If I had to decide do I want to share the road with someone that was impared with either alcohol or weed, or cell phones, i like my chances with the weed impared driver over the other two.
Just my .02
How about: NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 08-16-2017 at 02:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MSgtrock (04-20-2019)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6

“Worry that legalized marijuana is increasing crash rates isn’t misplaced,” says David Zuby, Executive Vice President and Chief Research Officer of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

The group looked at collision claims from Colorado, Oregon and Washington before and after retail marijuana became legal.

They compared the numbers with states where its not allowed – factoring in a number of controlled differences including population.

Colorado saw the biggest estimated increase in claim frequency compared with its control states.

After retail marijuana sales began in Colorado, the increase in collision claim frequency was 14 percent higher than in nearby Nebraska, Utah and Wyoming.

Washington has estimated increase in claim frequency was 6 percent higher than in Montana and Idaho, and Oregon’s estimated increase in claim frequency was 4 percent higher than in Idaho, Montana and Nevada."

But of course the stoners won't believe any of this

Last edited by FX VETTE; 08-16-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:43 PM
LimaCharlie
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Hookers and Blow - Yes.

Corvettes and Cannabis - No.

Cannabis is legal in Oregon and the ultra-liberal governor just signed a law that makes other hard drug use a misdemeanor. It should be interesting.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Verrückt ZR1
Melting Slicks

Received 856 Likes on 556 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Were all of the aforementioned collisions fatal? Difficult to cause serious damage when you're doing 25 in a 50 with your hazards on. Pot haters are just as bad as Atheists. (In regards to attacking Christianity) You know nothing about the opposite side of the aisle or the reasons people partake in self medication, and yet you feel the need to insult them. Educate yourself, and the world will be better off.

Last edited by Verrückt ZR1; 08-16-2017 at 02:47 PM.
The Rabbi (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:45 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TorchRedLS6
Were all of the aforementioned collisions fatal? Difficult to cause serious damage when you're doing 25 in a 50 with your hazards on. Pot haters are just as bad as Atheists. (In regards to attacking Christianity) You know nothing about the opposite side of the aisle or the reasons people partake in self medication, and yet you feel the need to insult them. Educate yourself, and the world will be better off.
is this real life.

Please someone lock this thread. 25 in a 50 is dangerous. Especially say, in the rain if someone is stoned and forgets to put on their lights and gets rear ended.

Driving is dangerous enough as is, why advocate increasing the risks?

if you want to "self medicate" that's fine. Doesn't hurt me a bit. Until you try to operate a moving vehicle.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Verrückt ZR1
Melting Slicks

Received 856 Likes on 556 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

is this real life.

Please someone lock this thread. 25 in a 50 is dangerous. Especially say, in the rain if someone is stoned and forgets to put on their lights and gets rear ended.

Driving is dangerous enough as is, why advocate increasing the risks?

if you want to "self medicate" that's fine. Doesn't hurt me a bit. Until you try to operate a moving vehicle.
​​​​​​
Take the time to read my previous posts. I've never driven high, nor would I ever advocate it. My only argument, is that alcohol is far more destructive than pot. It's abused far more often, as well.
​​​​​
Also, in the scenario I provided, the stoner had his emergency flashers on. If he gets rear ended, he's not at fault. Lol.

Last edited by Verrückt ZR1; 08-16-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:13 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

The following 2 users liked this post by FX VETTE:
IrishViking505 (08-17-2017), The Rabbi (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 04:20 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TorchRedLS6
​​​​​​
Take the time to read my previous posts. I've never driven high, nor would I ever advocate it. My only argument, is that alcohol is far more destructive than pot. It's abused far more often, as well.
​​​​​
Also, in the scenario I provided, the stoner had his emergency flashers on. If he gets rear ended, he's not at fault. Lol.
except that in many states it's illegal to drive with your flashers on.

Its also a pointless argument for either of us to be having. We both agree with each other.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes and Cannabis

Old 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

This is an irrelevant comparison. We are saying pot doesn't impair nearly as bad as alcohol does, and it doesn't. You are comparing people who are impaired by getting high as compared to people who are completely sober, which is a different comparison, and I don't believe anyone here said they approve of anyone driving in an impaired condition, whether it be drunk or high...

Last edited by grampi50; 08-16-2017 at 04:34 PM.
The Rabbi (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 04:28 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I don't know about stoners, but your numbers are only tied to proving a supposed reasult, no mention of the acual reasons for these numbers. saying the claims frequency is tied to pot is not supported by your evidence, it only shows a reasult , not the cause. It could have been extra rain for all I know. Or a market push for new clients that went bad.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Don't be silly. The real fun is hand gun and hard liquor night down at the local bar.

Quick Reply: Corvettes and Cannabis