C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dewitts radiator with EOC for DD?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:46 PM
jim993
Drifting

Received 523 Likes on 334 Posts

PS: as you may have noticed, I had to lengthen the wires to the oil temperature sending unit.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 PM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Test running the hose route before hand is a very good suggestion. I have a stand alone oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator, but I used 11' of 10AN line. Thought I'd have some left over but I used all of it.

i insulated my lines with the race flux insulation that IMproved Racing sells. Good stuff. And keeps those braided lines from rubbing through stuff.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Proletariat designs
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Volk I agree. This is overkill for a DD. I have plans to track her lots more, but I want to gain confidence on the platform first. Right now I'd probably trailer it home early each weekend.

Jim993 thank you for the input. I have been grappling with the idea of a heat shield for the adaptor. I had not really like any of my designs. They all seem flimsy. I still have the busted LS1, so I can try out different ideas.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Proletariat designs
Instructor

Bigmackloud I agree. I bought extra line. I've learned what I think is enough never is. At least I somewhat learn from my mistakes lol
Old 08-24-2017, 02:11 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Proletariat designs
Volk I agree. This is overkill for a DD. I have plans to track her lots more, but I want to gain confidence on the platform first. Right now I'd probably trailer it home early each weekend.

Jim993 thank you for the input. I have been grappling with the idea of a heat shield for the adaptor. I had not really like any of my designs. They all seem flimsy. I still have the busted LS1, so I can try out different ideas.
Since you have plans I say go for it. What my be a tad more efficient would be to have the radiator and oil cooler separate. Oil cooler can be a small to medium sized B&M cooler right on the ac condensor (thats where I have my large B&M tranny cooler). Doing this route allows you to have more coolant and more radiator area for the coolant to cool. Also recommend a 160 thermo and upgrade the fans. The best coolant I have used would be 1 bottle of water wetter and then fill to happy with distilled (ps dewitts recommends distilled water over regular water). Also to help heat within the engine area would be louvers. Track SPec louvers work perfect and are very functional in getting rid of under hood pressure, engine bay heat, and helps with lift and downforce. To make this set up even more efficient, I cut the license plate area out complete and cut a same size portion in the black radiator guard found right under the intake filter. So basically, while driving, I force feed air directly to the radiator and cooler, passes through that and is vacuumed through the louvers taking hot air with it

Last edited by Volk2142; 08-24-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Proletariat designs
Instructor

Thanks for the help and pics. Its all in and working. you can see how I installed mine on my progress thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ss-thread.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dewitts radiator with EOC for DD?