Sponsored by:

What's the criteria

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:15 PM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 137 Posts
Default What's the criteria

Just wondering what criteria determines if a thread belongs in Tech or General Discussion? I see random threads moved to Tech when other obvious Tech related threads remain in General Discussion. In fact it appears the overwhelming majority of threads in General are tech related.
Anyway, just curious about what's get em moved.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:49 AM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

I'd guess it's mostly either someone requested it moved, or a mod saw it (thinking they might not read every post).
Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

well if you are asking about parts or fixing things put it in Tech....if its a question about overall operation or general knowledge type put it general.

so specific questions on fixing/replacing engine/trans/chassis parts put it in Tech.

i guess if its a how do i do this question...it goes in tech
Old 08-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by DDaaryl
If you're selling aftermarket parts it appears you can frequently post anywhere. They support the site and it appears to be here for money making
I've got tons of free information from CF, if you don't want to buy a product it's easy to not open a thread and takes no time at all to wade through them. If it takes sponsors to keep it open, the so be it.

As far as what gets moved??? I agree??? but it is pretty simple, if it's a technical question that nobody knows the answer here it's always better to ask again in tech (or ask it to be moved), same with FI section. If it gets moved then you can assume a mod with a lot of experience here feels it will get answered better there, it may take longer but there will be less chit chat and more substance. You may have to ttt it once in a while as less people post over there I think.

Good luck

It's the best free information money can't buy

Last edited by Forcedvert; 08-21-2017 at 10:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FX VETTE (08-21-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 09:47 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

no criteria per se...although something that may be better suited for tech may get moved if reported and the mod who responds decides it is appropriate
Old 08-27-2017, 06:38 AM
Grandpa1
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 154 Posts

As a new member I've been reading just about every post in all the C5 forums.
It appears to me that the forums are watched by the moderators and quick action is taken when they see something that appears out of place. That's good.
If I post something I'm not sure of I will just put it where I think it should be and let them earn the high salaries they are paid. Ha!
It's a really good forum and I really like it!!

Get notified of new replies

To What's the criteria

Quick Reply: What's the criteria