Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Those Who Have Asked - Can the Stock Seat Be Lowered - Yes, but ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 04:10 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default For Those Who Have Asked - Can the Stock Seat Be Lowered - Yes, but ...

I get periodic requests asking if there is any way to lower the stock C5 or C6 seat. I took a bottom frame and placed it above our ultra-low seat bracket. It appears that if you don't mind losing the sliders you could bolt the seat directly to them and gain at least 1" of headroom. I compared the height to the C6 manual sliders I have and the frame was sitting 1.5" lower.

On the bottom frame I have the plastic part of the mechanism that adjusts the seat back angle protrudes 1/2" down below the bottom of the frame.

I added a 1/2" of shims between the frame and our bracket.

You would need to confirm your legroom would be adequate if the seat is positioned in front of the rear floor studs so you can still tighten the nuts down. It would be near impossible to get to them if the seat was above them.

This has never been done yet and I have no input as to what else may be impacted by doing this. This is simply to show that mechanically it is possible, since some people appear desperate for more headroom but want to keep the stock seats. The bracket below is the one I used. I would recommend using grade 8 button head cap screws coming up from the bottom with nuts on the top, since the bracket is already on the carpet in the rear.

http://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C56MBR-UL
Old 09-25-2017, 04:46 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,706 Likes on 1,668 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Interesting, thanks for posting. You must be really tall as I'm 6'4" and have no problems with the stock seats height.
To make visibility better I did remove the floppy ear sun visors on my 99 and I really like them gone. My 02's sun visors are still good so I'm leaving them on......for now.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:15 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts

or you could do this =

Get notified of new replies

To For Those Who Have Asked - Can the Stock Seat Be Lowered - Yes, but ...

Quick Reply: For Those Who Have Asked - Can the Stock Seat Be Lowered - Yes, but ...