Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 General
Reload this Page >

quick question - heated mirror glass part number

Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question - heated mirror glass part number

Old 10-15-2017, 08:29 AM
grasshopper645
CF Senior Member

Default quick question - heated mirror glass part number

Cracked the glass on my driver side wing mirror while replacing the motor that wasn't working properly.

I see on ebay you can get replacement glass pretty cheap but my understanding is these cheap knockoffs don't have the heated mirror feature.

I can only find one GM part number for the driver side wing mirror glass - 12530715

Is it safe to assume that this part number comes with the heated mirror function? Was this a standard feature on the 99 C5's or an option?

TIA!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:03 PM
CactusCat
CF Senior Member

You can remove the heat pad from the back of the glass and transfer it to the new mirror glass. I cracked my mirror glass when reinstalling as well when I repaired the floppy mirror problem. I removed the heating pad by using a single sided razor blade to get started, then I SLOWLY pulled the heating pad off, only using the razor when needed. Go slow. It would also be beneficial to heat the whole thing up with a hair dryer before removal. I ended up getting a replacement mirror from here (don't worry about which year, all the mirrors are the same but you might need to change for driver or passenger sides) for $20 shipped. http://www.wheelskin.com/burcomirror...ETTE&year=1998 You can just put the heating pad back on with small amount of super glue. Reassemble and away you go. Don't break the new mirror, another 7 years of bad luck...

Just for funnies, I looked at fleabay and you're right, the mirrors are cheap there. About $12 or so. Nice!!

Last edited by CactusCat; 10-15-2017 at 09:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CactusCat For This Useful Post:
grasshopper645 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 05:01 PM
grasshopper645
CF Senior Member

haha thanks mate, will give that a go
Old 10-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,922 Times in 3,433 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Thanks for sharing your glass replacement procedure. Don't need it right now, but am saving it just in case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: quick question - heated mirror glass part number

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: