Sponsored by:

Shoot, no more Vredestein Sessanta or Potenza 760's

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:13 AM
bj1888
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
NT05 was designed to work well in water, worked great on my 630rwhp mustang in dry or wet. I've ran them on every car I've had and they worked bitchen.
Even Nitto's website has the NT05 as its worst-rated street tire for wet performance. I've driven through Florida monsoon rain with them, and they're sketchy. That's probably not helped by the fact that I'm running 305 square on my track wheels, but still...

Originally Posted by jjc508520
I have OEM-sized RE760 as my DD tire - drove to the Tire Rack warehouse in New Castle DE (from central NJ) to pick them up (in my SUV) - no tax + no shipping I used them twice on track days - they did OK until they started getting hot then I could feel them getting greasy. I now have NT01 on my OEM rims as a track day tire and they are great - just need to find the time/$$ to get out there and use them more...
Yeah, would not recommend RE760 as a track tire. NT01 is great, but a little quiet for me - I like to hear the tires, and the NT01 doesn't really make noise until its breaking away.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:26 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by jjc508520
I have OEM-sized RE760 as my DD tire - drove to the Tire Rack warehouse in New Castle DE (from central NJ) to pick them up (in my SUV) - no tax + no shipping I used them twice on track days - they did OK until they started getting hot then I could feel them getting greasy. I now have NT01 on my OEM rims as a track day tire and they are great - just need to find the time/$$ to get out there and use them more...
JJ, you’re not far from ECS. Ever have your car tuned there?

Quick Reply: Shoot, no more Vredestein Sessanta or Potenza 760's