Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halo Euro Style Switchback Sequential LED Taillights

Old 02-12-2018, 05:53 PM
calguy
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsumi
There is a reason he is on my ignore list... lol.
Just re-read this entire thread.

You can't take criticism, so you put me, and perhaps others on your ignore list.
Do you ignore all those who don't happen to agree with you in life?
I could care less that I am on you infamous list.
I know you will be reading this,despite my being on your ignore list, because that too is human nature.

If that is how you treat those that don't share your opinions, you have a lot to learn about human nature.
Obviously you have not learned to many lessons in life.
Not everyone you come up against is going to agree with you.

Bob.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:30 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
Tsumi, I’m being incredibly lazy, but which wire on the tail lights is the turn signal wire? I have a basic sequential kit and I get confused by the diagrams.
Left turn signal is yellow, right turn signal is green. They also double up as brake lights unless you disconnect the white wire going from the brake pedal to the hazard switch.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 AM
A-Tak
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by calguy
Just re-read this entire thread.

You can't take criticism, so you put me, and perhaps others on your ignore list.
Do you ignore all those who don't happen to agree with you in life?
I could care less that I am on you infamous list.
I know you will be reading this,despite my being on your ignore list, because that too is human nature.

If that is how you treat those that don't share your opinions, you have a lot to learn about human nature.
Obviously you have not learned to many lessons in life.
Not everyone you come up against is going to agree with you.

Bob.
Your comments about "human nature" are interesting. Speaking of which, why have you chosen to go out of your way to revive an argument from well over a month ago that you provoked? If the OP has you on his "ignore list", I highly doubt he's actually read anything you've said. I mean, I'm no mathemagician or rocket surgeon here, but I believe that would be the point of an "ignore list".

You say the OP cannot take criticism. Using your exact words, you said his project looked like "****". You could've used a host of other less openly offensive words to describe how the OP's project offended you, yet you went out of your way to troll this thread for no reason. And now, you're trolling again.

You never asked for my opinion (but hey, the OP never asked for yours either), so I'm going to suggest that zero people, other than yourself of course, actually care about any of your comments in this thread moving forward.

Sorry, I just "call them as I see them".
Old 02-13-2018, 04:17 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Originally Posted by A-Tak
Your comments about "human nature" are interesting. Speaking of which, why have you chosen to go out of your way to revive an argument from well over a month ago that you provoked? If the OP has you on his "ignore list", I highly doubt he's actually read anything you've said. I mean, I'm no mathemagician or rocket surgeon here, but I believe that would be the point of an "ignore list".

You say the OP cannot take criticism. Using your exact words, you said his project looked like "****". You could've used a host of other less openly offensive words to describe how the OP's project offended you, yet you went out of your way to troll this thread for no reason. And now, you're trolling again.

You never asked for my opinion (but hey, the OP never asked for yours either), so I'm going to suggest that zero people, other than yourself of course, actually care about any of your comments in this thread moving forward.

Sorry, I just "call them as I see them".
Actually I blocked him for an entirely different reason long before this thread. People can hate all they want, I don't really care. Criticism is good, as long as it is constructive. The only reason I block people is for blatant stupidity, which he must have shown at some point in the past for me to block him. I deal with enough idiots at work, I don't need it on a forum that is supposed to be for helping others.

I was curious about what he said, but I didn't bother reading it until you quoted him. And really, the only reason I read it was to properly respond to your post, not for his benefit.

Back to this thread, an update to the project, I've gotten a few more parts in to see if I can improve it. I have bought a bunch of 1.5 mm yellow LEDs. Theoretically, as long as they are short enough, I can squeeze 4 to 9 of them in underneath the main 5 mm superflux, which should greatly increase the light output. Starting with 4 as I only bought 100 of them. I've also bought a 500 ohm rheostat to easily adjust the sequential rate. The timer circuit is going to be removed and replaced with a different method to drain the capacitor. Maybe I'll do it over this three day weekend coming up, but Lunar New Year family events will most likely get in the way.

I'm also probably going to add in some resistors to limit the current through the brake LEDs. They are extremely bright as is, and limiting them down to the 20-40 mA range instead of the 160 mA range should greatly increase their lifespan. Not that I need to stand on the brakes anyways due to my car being a manual, lol.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I truly admire when someone has what I consider advanced knowledge in a topic I’ve been dabbling in. Tho’ I know I should go to the “trouble’ of reading up on the topic so I can fabricate something neat like this. I think my brain goes as far as house wiring and that’s it!
Anyway, I’ve seen led’s referred to by size, 1.5 mm, etc. Does the size refer to the part of the led that actually lights, or the entire assembly? (Per led)
Old 02-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Generally it refers to the size of the assembly. The part that lights up looks to be approximately the same size in the 1.5 mm and 5 mm LEDs that I have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Halo Euro Style Switchback Sequential LED Taillights