Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:10 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
In a heartbeat if I could get that thousand dollar deal the C5R USA got. That stash I am hiding has to get me headers, intake, and coilovers first though.
That thousand dollar deal is not over yet...just today at the post office, I noticed a wanted poster by the owner of an MCM hood...he never got paid the $4000 balance owed... ...

I understand about your other potential stuff you want...but I'm all about the hood...nothing else much matters to me...maybe food...but that's it...
Old 02-01-2018, 02:53 AM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Ha ha you guys need to get a room. Kidding aside, I'm just jealous of that damn hood!!!
In a heartbeat if I could get that thousand dollar deal the C5R USA got. That stash I am hiding has to get me headers, intake, and coilovers first though.
That's funny about the room, I like Kenny, just not like that...

I tell you what, over the time I've been on this Forum, I've made it a point to be thrifty, and search the C5 parts for sale section religiously. I can't tell you how many thousands I've saved but, it's substantial. I can't guarantee an MCM hood will sell for $1000 these days but, one will become available, it's mathematically certain to happen, along with just about anything else you could think of, for considerably less in some cases....Just my .02
Old 02-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C5R USA
That's funny about the room, I like Kenny, just not like that...

I tell you what, over the time I've been on this Forum, I've made it a point to be thrifty, and search the C5 parts for sale section religiously. I can't tell you how many thousands I've saved but, it's substantial. I can't guarantee an MCM hood will sell for $1000 these days but, one will become available, it's mathematically certain to happen, along with just about anything else you could think of, for considerably less in some cases....Just my .02
Hmmmmmm...I'm heart broken Thomas...but will settle for a platonic relationship ...even though I think 02BlownZ06 was excited to even suggest the other kind of relationship, he is barking up the wrong tree...maybe he was suggestion what he would like to do?

I have saved tons of money for the past 50 years by not smoking and not drinking(maybe a 6 pack and a bottle of wine a year a year/no one is perfect)
I also have changed my own oil in all of my Vehicles for as long (with the exception of approximately 6 times when forced to do so by the wifey )...Probably saved at least enough to buy a new Vette in 2004...not kidding...I am frugal but not cheap...and when needed, I overpay for something I really want...life is too short to do otherwise...

About that $1000 hood...I can't see that happening ever again but who knows...stranger things have happened...someone may get a free one left to them in someone's will...

And lastly Thomas, anytime you feel the urge to make 200% profit on your MCM hood, which would be $3000 including the initial cost, please contact me ASAP...that is if I am still above ground

I hope it doesn't take another 10 years for me to find the wheels I am looking for...but I do expect to solve that issue by this summer one way or another along with duckbill rear facia...
Old 02-02-2018, 02:39 AM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I tell you what Kenny, I hear you on the non-smoking, drinking bit. It saves a lot of money. Being 50, I have to watch just about everything I consume. I have to be able to fit into sports-cars in tight spaces to do my job effectively, everyday. So, even when I'm home I have no desire to drink. More "car" money. Don't smoke either.

Kenny, if it comes about that I'm put in a position to have to sell the hood, then by all means I'll give you first dibs at it but, I sure as hell won't mark it up 200%. As of now, I have no intention of parting with the car or the modification enhancements(except the seats) which I haven't gotten to a point where I'm completely satisfied.

What wheels are you looking for? That duckbill fascia should be a knockout the way Pete talks about it. It'll be a great enhancement to your car.
The following users liked this post:
Yello95 (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C5R USA
I tell you what Kenny, I hear you on the non-smoking, drinking bit. It saves a lot of money. Being 50, I have to watch just about everything I consume. I have to be able to fit into sports-cars in tight spaces to do my job effectively, everyday. So, even when I'm home I have no desire to drink. More "car" money. Don't smoke either.

Kenny, if it comes about that I'm put in a position to have to sell the hood, then by all means I'll give you first dibs at it but, I sure as hell won't mark it up 200%. As of now, I have no intention of parting with the car or the modification enhancements(except the seats) which I haven't gotten to a point where I'm completely satisfied.

What wheels are you looking for? That duckbill fascia should be a knockout the way Pete talks about it. It'll be a great enhancement to your car.

Thomas, I am devastated that you will not part with your hood(haha). I'm not selling mine either although I have been offered between $1500 to $2000 by some generous CF members and they were serious...
I'm afraid Pete and all of his efforts to get it made are similar in some ways to the MCM hood Marc is having trouble with although not quite the same...no one wants to pay Marc what is needed in order for him to make a decent profit...they don't understand that it cannot be made for the original price of 10+ years ago...plus other circumstances...

Pete is charging a very very reasonable price for the fascia and shipping but as usual, SOME people gripe about everything and I am afraid the C5 crowd is pushing him to the brink of just selling C6 and C7 items and I cannot blame him...he needs to make a profit as a business and not just be popular...no one likes to work for free...lots of people cannot understand that because they have never had a business and have no clue...he was forced to give estimates of cost and shipping before the design of his fascia was even finished and he really didn't know the exact cost and when he came in on the higher end of his forced estimate he was **** on...I told him I didn't care about cost and that I wanted one...we shall see...his first order was for 40 units and I hope he can sell them so he can continue to have them made...

I am in search of Z06 original speedline polished aluminum wheels, I see them posted on occasion but the CF wolves always snap them up before I can get to them...lol...I think Bobs House of wheels still has them but I am not yet sure I want to fork out $2000 for the C5 wheels or I may go with the C6 design...one way or the other a new set of wheels is coming, hopefully...took 10 years to figure out how to get the MCM but it will not take me that long to get the wheels...I'm stupid but not that stupid...I was born at night but just not last night...lol...
I need another MCM like I need another hole in the head...but they are so beautiful to me that I'm obsessed...I can get another one easily for the right price...I found out that's all it takes...a price...but it would only be from the alcohol and tobacco money and changing my own oil I have saved for 50+ years

And finally, NO 02BlownZ06...we are not going to fulfill your fantasy of us getting a room
Old 02-02-2018, 09:09 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95

And finally, NO 02BlownZ06...we are not going to fulfill your fantasy of us getting a room

LOL, my only fantasy involves an MCM hood. Now just sell me one of the damn things for a fair price chief! Then you guys can get a room at a much fancier place!!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

LOL, my only fantasy involves an MCM hood. Now just sell me one of the damn things for a fair price chief! Then you guys can get a room at a much fancier place!!
Hey bossman...a fair price would be what I paid...sure but for that $ you could easily get your own from lots of members ...stop hoarding all that cash...now go back to work and make some money...and thanks for coming out of the closet...I'm sure you feel better now
Old 02-16-2018, 04:31 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

aside from all the kissy-face above, i just wanted to make sure he didn't tell you it was also a 1-owner, non-smoker that'd never seen rain - let alone any accidents.
we've established the MCM hood not being available on a stock car, but those also look like Ace Slick C6Z replica wheels, which also wouldn't've even had a stock wheel to copy for another 3 years.
i'd try & find a car that has a more-plausible (and preferably documented) history

Quick Reply: 2003 Z06 Hood Option?