Sponsored by:

Vettenuts vs. MAM bezel.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:46 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Vettenuts vs. MAM bezel.

Just wondering if anyone has a 2 din bezel from Mid America Motorworks? I've read that the look of the Vettenuts bezel is spot on, but their shipping to Canada is outta my league. MAM has them as well, and shipping is waaaay cheaper.

Anyone know how they compare? I'm not too keen on the Metra one.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:25 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

I looked at the MAM bezel on their website after reading your post.
It looks like it's a Metra kit. Metra makes 2 different styles and that's one of them. I you like this kit, it can be had for less than what MAM is selling it for.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:12 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We are the only Bezel out there other than the Metra. We have made or bezel to OEM Specs and it looks like it supposed to be there as apposed to the Metra with a flat black finish with no graining, no ash tray or cup holder.

Sale ends today!!!!
The following users liked this post:
SG Lou (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
We are the only Bezel out there other than the Metra. We have made or bezel to OEM Specs and it looks like it supposed to be there as apposed to the Metra with a flat black finish with no graining, no ash tray or cup holder.

Sale ends today!!!!
sale? That is not what I needed to hear
Old 01-31-2018, 09:23 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin

sale? That is not what I needed to hear
Meaning sale price is to high?

We all have a certain budget and i understand our bezel is more expensive however if you sit the two bezels side by side you will see a huge difference and why ours cost more.For example: The cost for the spring and hinge pins for the ash tray door and cup holder are a big expense then paying for assembly of those doors.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 AM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

We all have a certain budget and i understand our bezel is more expensive however if you sit the two bezels side by side you will see a huge difference and why ours cost more.For example: The cost for the spring and hinge pins for the ash tray door and cup holder are a big expense then paying for assembly of those doors.
I think you're reading into it the wrong way... Perhaps he meant he is not ready to make a purchase yet and your sale is pushing him over the edge?
Old 01-31-2018, 10:21 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
I think you're reading into it the wrong way... Perhaps he meant he is not ready to make a purchase yet and your sale is pushing him over the edge?
Yes i want sure what he was saying and thats why i ask. Well you have until 10pm to get in on the sale and this price will never be seen again.

Marc
Old 01-31-2018, 10:44 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes i want sure what he was saying and thats why i ask. Well you have until 10pm to get in on the sale and this price will never be seen again.

Marc
Just to clarify, the only thing holding me back from your product Marc is the shipping to Canada. $116 and change is just undoable for me. I realize that the sale price is great, but the shipping just squelches the whole deal. Jeez Louise, that's close to half of what the bezel alone costs!

Granted, MAM's might not be of the same aesthetic quality, but $20 shipping will win any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's. With the savings, I can afford to just reshoot the bezel myself if it's really that off, and still have plenty left over to take my gal out for burgers and beer.

I also understand that as a vendor, you're not always in control of what carriers may charge you to deliver product to the customer. Sometimes, the options just aren't there, I get that. I'm an internet vendor myself, so no hard feelings pal.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:13 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

don't know where you're located, but I'm only 45 mins from my drop box pick up point on the US side, so I generally get free shipping on most things I buy and then run over and pick the stuff up....saves a lot of shipping and customs BS....
Old 01-31-2018, 12:21 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Originally Posted by digi2t
Just wondering if anyone has a 2 din bezel from Mid America Motorworks? I've read that the look of the Vettenuts bezel is spot on, but their shipping to Canada is outta my league. MAM has them as well, and shipping is waaaay cheaper.

Anyone know how they compare? I'm not too keen on the Metra one.
Spend the extra money and get the right one. If money is that tight then buy the right bezel on sale and wait to buy the radio.
The following 2 users liked this post by The Rabbi:
SG Lou (01-31-2018), Yello95 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 01:36 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by digi2t
Just to clarify, the only thing holding me back from your product Marc is the shipping to Canada. $116 and change is just undoable for me. I realize that the sale price is great, but the shipping just squelches the whole deal. Jeez Louise, that's close to half of what the bezel alone costs!

Granted, MAM's might not be of the same aesthetic quality, but $20 shipping will win any day of the week, and twice on Sunday's. With the savings, I can afford to just reshoot the bezel myself if it's really that off, and still have plenty left over to take my gal out for burgers and beer.

I also understand that as a vendor, you're not always in control of what carriers may charge you to deliver product to the customer. Sometimes, the options just aren't there, I get that. I'm an internet vendor myself, so no hard feelings pal.
I need your address to get you a quote. The web site does a terrible job calculating international shipping. email me at marc@vettenuts.net
digi2t (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 01:38 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Oh and BTW the pictures you see in all my post are of the actual product you will receive. It was one of many samples they sent for us to approve and after 3 tries what you see in the pictures was the final approved DD Bezel.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marc@Vettenuts.net:
digi2t (01-31-2018), Yello95 (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 05:35 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

no, no, I mean "I don't need it, but I want it and it's on sale"
Old 01-31-2018, 08:10 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

no, no, I mean "I don't need it, but I want it and it's on sale"
Ok gotcha! Jump in while the water is warm!!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:28 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Ok gotcha! Jump in while the water is warm!!
i just did. If you reread that ridiculous "outside view of vettenuts" thread, I said I was going to order something from you guys just because of the thread.. didn't realize it was going to be that soon though

so to the OP.. my vote is for the vettenuts obviously! And as a second notice, actual shipping was somewhat cheaper than estimated. Not a lot, but several dollars.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 968 Likes on 782 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

They are a great match as I have one of the proto types he sent me. You will be getting the same one I went out and checked mine after I got off the phone with him
Old 01-31-2018, 08:38 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

i just did. If you reread that ridiculous "outside view of vettenuts" thread, I said I was going to order something from you guys just because of the thread.. didn't realize it was going to be that soon though

so to the OP.. my vote is for the vettenuts obviously! And as a second notice, actual shipping was somewhat cheaper than estimated. Not a lot, but several dollars.
I remember the post in the Outside view thread and was rolling on the floor when i read it. A day later and you are buying something from us!
Yello95 (01-31-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Vettenuts vs. MAM bezel.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

Ordered one last night.........now I have to pick a head unit.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:53 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I remember the post in the Outside view thread and was rolling on the floor when i read it. A day later and you are buying something from us!
Marc, you better stop rolling on the floor because you could get pierced by a rusty nail and get tetanus(lockjaw) and that would be bad for everyone who needs your services...just a thought
Old 02-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jrprich
Ordered one last night.........now I have to pick a head unit.
We offer head units along with anything audio related. We build custom corner sub boxes for the C5 and they sound and look amazing.

Quick Reply: Vettenuts vs. MAM bezel.