Sponsored by:

slow_pokeC5 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:20 AM
slow_pokeC5
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nsogiba
This thing looks mean! Can't wait to see it in action.
If they don't kick me off the track for the exhaust being too loud. That's going to be a fun hurdle to overcome. Sound limit is 103db. Not sure how or where they measure from in comparison to the car being on the track at WOT, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. This car is definitely LOUD.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:04 PM
slow_pokeC5
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Never did get to update after my track day...

I was able to get out on 4/23. The car did great. Through the corners, there was not a single car that could stay with me. Unfortunately my track day was short lived. I only was able to get two sessions before they shut me down for loudness. I knew this was a risk, but I was willing to take it. Unfortunately it is what it is. The car is a lot quicker than I had expected. I get driven away from pretty badly on straightaways by some of the faster cars, but there were a couple times I was directly behind an ACR Viper and a C7 ZR1, and I actually had to lift and let them get away from me a little bit because through the tight sections of the course, I would run them down. This car absolutely exceeded my expectations and desires on the track in the time I did get.

The car is currently listed for sale as of 5/24/19. While I do not really have to sell the car, I have a strong desire to get back into the seat of an oval car on a full time basis and would like to go back that direction again. Unfortunately that will require 100% focus on that and this car will likely end up just sitting in the corner of my shop.

Quick Reply: slow_pokeC5 Build Thread