Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Collectible Insurance companies

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Ducati Guy
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I am the OP. I live in Westchester County NY. Haggerty is currently $878 which includes 150 mile towing for $150. So the insurance is $728. I have gotten quotes from NCM, American Modern and Heacock. They all use the same software for quotes. The exact same screen with a different logo depending on which company. They all quote $1964.

Something seems wrong here.

Last edited by Ducati Guy; 03-14-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Correction of $ figure
Old 03-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Toddolie
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

So I am going to purchase this '02 Z-06 this Thursday 3/22/18 and needed to get insurance coverage all lined up in advance. I reached out to NCM as well as to my current carrier Heacock, where I currently have two other vehicles insured. Turns apples for apples comparison, same allowable miles driven, that Heacock was about $130 less per year than NCM, National Corvette Musuem. Just wanted to share in case it helps anyone looking or maybe even if you already have NCM to price shop it with Heacock and see. Now all I need is good weather for my drive home this Thursday and Friday.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Mike94ZLT1
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by o2bnkc
Why do you guys pay collector car insurance with all these restrictions when these cars (most of them) are worth south of 20K? My wife's Enclave is worth more. I know I don't have "agreed" value with my Geico policy, but it only costs me $170.00 a year (for my 02 convertible) and I can drive it where I want and when I want without some dumb restrictions. What am I missing here?
I have $40K+ worth of mods on mine and seven other cars I can drive (well, four if the weather is crappy) and it's worth it to me to have an agreed value policy.

Last edited by Mike94ZLT1; 03-20-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Toddolie
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd much rather have an agreed value no questions asked policy than have to fight with an insurance company and get screwed when it comes to determining value. Those with State Farm and the like I assume you've never had a claim? I have heard SO many bad things about them and others it is unreal. Collector coverage with mileage limits is stupid affordable as well. Just makes sense. If you daily yours and it's stock and you want book value or less when totaled or stolen or whatever, have at it. Likely your premiums were much higher since you drive it more or daily. Those of us that don't or can't based on where we live this is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Collectible Insurance companies