Sponsored by:

Steel bracket on C5 seat causing a lump

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 04:53 PM
YellowVetteBob
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel bracket on C5 seat causing a lump

Has anyone else had any problems with a lump that is on the left side of the driver's seat of a C5? I took the seat apart and evidently there is a steel flange in that part of the seat that comes through the seat. I assume the only way to get rid of this lump is to put in new seat foam? If that is the case does anyone have any reasonable places I can get just the drivers side seat foam?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:10 AM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

I installed new seat foam on my drivers seat for a similar problem. I also installed the C5 seat rebuild kit with the new foam. It made my seat feel the way I believe it should have from the factory.

The seat rebuild kits consist of some extra foam pieces and ballistic nylon that goes between the seat frame wires and the foam. They are pricey for what you get but IMHO worth it.

I also put one in the passenger seat without replacing the foam and it also made the seat feel the same as the drivers seat. I believe that was because the passenger seat had very little wear compared to the drivers side.

I purchased my seat foam from Corvette America and it worked out great. Seat rebuild kits for Southern Car Parts.

Good luck with you repair.

Last edited by zachaeous; 03-13-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Steel bracket on C5 seat causing a lump