Sponsored by:

C5 targa top head trim bezel

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:04 AM
lanier
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C5 targa top head trim bezel

The trim piece on my targa top is flopping around. I took it apart and I am not sure if the push pin should be installed through the trim to hold it in place. Seems logical but it seems like the push pin is not long enough. how should this be installed? Thanks-see pic below

Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Carl Timonen
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't recognize the piece you're showing. When mine sagged on the drivers side, I found one of the 4 small christmas trees that goes from the underside and pushes straight up on the outboard sides missing. That big hole in the trim is for the targa top alignment pins. You may also find that the clips under the trim might be loose or missing.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:19 PM
lanier
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carl Timonen
I don't recognize the piece you're showing. When mine sagged on the drivers side, I found one of the 4 small christmas trees that goes from the underside and pushes straight up on the outboard sides missing. That big hole in the trim is for the targa top alignment pins. You may also find that the clips under the trim might be loose or missing.

Passenger side is fine but driver side is sagging way low and looks like crap. I think I will drill a new hole and stick in a new pine tree to try to suck it up so it doesnt sag. THanks!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Carl Timonen
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I'd try to figure out what's going on before drilling any holes. It might be that one of the front clips pulled off. Here's a pic, only it doesn't show where the christmas trees go. Those trees are close to the left and right edges of the trim piece and go through the targa trim and the sail trim above the rear speakers.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:11 PM
lanier
Intermediate

I think I am going to pull it out entirely and start from scratch. I think some of the velcro stickers also deteriorated and are not holding. The pic helps a lot and i am going to get all new pins to snug it up. Just looks like crap sagging. Thanks a lot!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 targa top head trim bezel

Quick Reply: C5 targa top head trim bezel