2002 corvette buttttt - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 corvette buttttt

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 PM   #41  
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member
 
Forcedvert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,278
Thanked 243 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbeast View Post
So I guess we can ignore the idea that the car is tweaked to argue over headlights. Sounds like CorvetteForum.


I also noticed it looks like itís a 4x4, but maybe it just needs to settle after being jacked up? It has a huge tire gap.
Forcedvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:35 AM   #42  
RSbeast
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Posts: 857
Thanked 112 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Maybe Iím the only one that reads, but he said the wheel on one side isnít even square in the fender lol
RSbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #43  
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member
 
Forcedvert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,278
Thanked 243 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbeast View Post
Maybe Iím the only one that reads, but he said the wheel on one side isnít even square in the fender lol

Both sides off some according to him?
Forcedvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #44  
RSbeast
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Posts: 857
Thanked 112 Times in 75 Posts
Default

One is too far forward and the other hangs out too far
RSbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #45  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbeast View Post
Maybe Iím the only one that reads, but he said the wheel on one side isnít even square in the fender lol
sorry was a little busy so I couldnít respond right away. Yes the driver side wheel is not completely centered inside the wheel well. But why is that funny? See maybe Iím different than a lot of people on this site. Iím on here to have fun but Iím also on here to get information give information and compare information. As I love Corvettes very much. Well Iím not on here to go back-and-forth with little children. My wheel not be in centered in the wheel well is funny in what way exactly. I spent the last four days looking at over 40 C5 CorvetteĎs. Yes over 40. I put a lot of time in driving to dealerships that are selling them some friends of mine so on and so forth. I found out 26 driver or passenger front tires is not completely center in the wheel well for what ever reason majority of them seem to be the driver side and they are pushed forward sometimes up to an inch The car actually is not tweet I had it out of frame shop and they did a full measurement everywhere. They measured center hub to center hub I believe it is called. I always appreciate peopleĎs input. But I guess you could say Iím somebody that takes things personal and very quick to the heart. So again Iím just trying to get information Give information and enjoy this car.

Last edited by Bigbp; 04-22-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #46  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcedvert View Post


I also noticed it looks like itís a 4x4, but maybe it just needs to settle after being jacked up? It has a huge tire gap.
You know after I jack the car up and put the tires on and dropped it it scared the **** out of me. I couldnít understand why the gap was there until I drove it in the car settle back down. Also my driveway flattens out right before you go into the garage and my front tire was on that so I think it made the back higher than what it usually is.
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #47  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I also got the car running correctly. On the passenger side of the throttlebody there is a little vacuum line that goes into it. There was a crack in that hose. I canít believe the terrible idol the hesitation and PO171 PO174 codes all from that little cut in the line. But after replacing it and doing a throttle position sensor relearn she seems to be good. But too quiet for me my next thing is to add long tubes as I already have an X pipeAnd Borla exhaust. Maybe c6 suspension all the way around
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #48  
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member
 
Forcedvert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,278
Thanked 243 Times in 209 Posts
Default

If you are looking for help and information this forum is a great resource. However if you act like you know everything already and attack people that give a simple opinion (posting pics is asking for opinions, imho) people will be reluctant to help. What was ďfunnyĒ about your wheel out of center is people seemed concerned about looks of the hood rather than what seems like a real problem with wheel/frame alignment, I have not seen or heard of that as normal and think something is out of wack. It was a shot at others, not you.

Good luck
Forcedvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM   #49  
~Josh
CF Senior Member
 
~Josh's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 13,388
Thanked 201 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbp View Post
[left]
Ride has potential.

I'd park it until I could swap headlights. During that time I'd lower it 3/4" at least free on stock bolts. Maybe remove the two front side spoilers (leave the center one) and lower it a bit more.
~Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:50 PM   #50  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcedvert View Post
If you are looking for help and information this forum is a great resource. However if you act like you know everything already and attack people that give a simple opinion (posting pics is asking for opinions, imho) people will be reluctant to help. What was ďfunnyĒ about your wheel out of center is people seemed concerned about looks of the hood rather than what seems like a real problem with wheel/frame alignment, I have not seen or heard of that as normal and think something is out of wack. It was a shot at others, not you.

Good luck
and where did I act like I know everything? You got that from where?
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #51  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Josh View Post
Ride has potential.

I'd park it until I could swap headlights. During that time I'd lower it 3/4" at least free on stock bolts. Maybe remove the two front side spoilers (leave the center one) and lower it a bit more.
NA not going to park it. Lol. Remove the side spoilers??
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #52  
Volk2142
CF Senior Member
 
Volk2142's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: Nederland Texas
Posts: 598
Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I did some reading on the wheels sticking out, can be a number of things, from body alignment, wheel alignment, even fender alignment to the body itself. My vette has wheels wider than the body right now and my right side rear is like nat's *** further out than the left side rear. Some times its normal, now its its like half inch and everyone in the mother can see it, then I'd bring it to a shop and ask about it.
Volk2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #53  
Yello95
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Yello95's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2001
Location: East coast of Virginia Virginia
Posts: 21,871
Thanked 236 Times in 199 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbp View Post


NA not going to park it. Lol. Remove the side spoilers??
Your wheels are great...your hood is fantastic...the color of your car is beautiful...do not remove the 2 front side spoilers (that is insane)....find stock headlights....and ignore all the other crap you are getting....here is a similar hood from the past....it was my favorite hood(see pic below)....carry on sir




WOW....just a fantastic hood



Heres mine....

Yello95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:22 AM   #54  
Forcedvert
CF Senior Member
 
Forcedvert's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,278
Thanked 243 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbp View Post

and where did I act like I know everything? You got that from where?
I miss spoke..... you know your car is right because a frame shop said so and you measured over 40 c5s. Thats fine, something still seems off to me but its your car.

Good luck
Forcedvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #55  
AE Guy
CF Senior Member
 
AE Guy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 10,971
Thanked 528 Times in 488 Posts
Default

What is the thing that is stuck to your targa?
AE Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #56  
~Josh
CF Senior Member
 
~Josh's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 13,388
Thanked 201 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbp View Post


NA not going to park it. Lol. Remove the side spoilers??
Pretty common on very lowered cars. Those rip the bumper where they mount from being tugged at by asphalt. Looks cleaner too with the beat looking clutter removed. They're for aerodynamics when you're doing 140+mph.

If you aren't doing that often you don't lose anything including not ripping your bumper. If your car isn't going to be lowered a lot then don't bother.
~Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #57  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Guy View Post
What is the thing that is stuck to your targa?
Are you talking about the set of keys on top of it? LOL I think thatís what it is
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 PM   #58  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Josh View Post
Pretty common on very lowered cars. Those rip the bumper where they mount from being tugged at by asphalt. Looks cleaner too with the beat looking clutter removed. They're for aerodynamics when you're doing 140+mph.

If you aren't doing that often you don't lose anything including not ripping your bumper. If your car isn't going to be lowered a lot then don't bother.
I never knew that that is what those were cold. But yeah I kind of hate them but I do scrape some times and then a reminder that Iím going to fast or at the wrong angle over certain things.
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #59  
Bigbp
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yello95 View Post
Your wheels are great...your hood is fantastic...the color of your car is beautiful...do not remove the 2 front side spoilers (that is insane)....find stock headlights....and ignore all the other crap you are getting....here is a similar hood from the past....it was my favorite hood(see pic below)....carry on sir




WOW....just a fantastic hood



Heres mine....

Those are beautiful cars and that hood looks exactly like mine. Great news is I finally found headlight assemblies and pick them up tomorrow. Will have them painted by the end of the week and bolted on Friday.
Bigbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 2002 corvette buttttt
  •  
     
    Reply


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump

    Sponsored Ads
    Vendor Directory

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.


    We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: