Sponsored by:

2002 corvette buttttt

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbeast
So I guess we can ignore the idea that the car is tweaked to argue over headlights. Sounds like CorvetteForum.

I also noticed it looks like it’s a 4x4, but maybe it just needs to settle after being jacked up? It has a huge tire gap.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:35 AM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Maybe I’m the only one that reads, but he said the wheel on one side isn’t even square in the fender lol
Old 04-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Maybe I’m the only one that reads, but he said the wheel on one side isn’t even square in the fender lol

Both sides off some according to him?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:33 PM
RSbeast
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

One is too far forward and the other hangs out too far
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry was a little busy so I couldn’t respond right away. Yes the driver side wheel is not completely centered inside the wheel well. But why is that funny? See maybe I’m different than a lot of people on this site. I’m on here to have fun but I’m also on here to get information give information and compare information. As I love Corvettes very much. Well I’m not on here to go back-and-forth with little children. My wheel not be in centered in the wheel well is funny in what way exactly. I spent the last four days looking at over 40 C5 Corvette‘s. Yes over 40. I put a lot of time in driving to dealerships that are selling them some friends of mine so on and so forth. I found out 26 driver or passenger front tires is not completely center in the wheel well for what ever reason majority of them seem to be the driver side and they are pushed forward sometimes up to an inch The car actually is not tweet I had it out of frame shop and they did a full measurement everywhere. They measured center hub to center hub I believe it is called. I always appreciate people‘s input. But I guess you could say I’m somebody that takes things personal and very quick to the heart. So again I’m just trying to get information Give information and enjoy this car.

Last edited by Bigbp; 04-22-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Forcedvert

I also noticed it looks like it’s a 4x4, but maybe it just needs to settle after being jacked up? It has a huge tire gap.
You know after I jack the car up and put the tires on and dropped it it scared the **** out of me. I couldn’t understand why the gap was there until I drove it in the car settle back down. Also my driveway flattens out right before you go into the garage and my front tire was on that so I think it made the back higher than what it usually is.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

I also got the car running correctly. On the passenger side of the throttlebody there is a little vacuum line that goes into it. There was a crack in that hose. I can’t believe the terrible idol the hesitation and PO171 PO174 codes all from that little cut in the line. But after replacing it and doing a throttle position sensor relearn she seems to be good. But too quiet for me my next thing is to add long tubes as I already have an X pipeAnd Borla exhaust. Maybe c6 suspension all the way around
Old 04-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

If you are looking for help and information this forum is a great resource. However if you act like you know everything already and attack people that give a simple opinion (posting pics is asking for opinions, imho) people will be reluctant to help. What was “funny” about your wheel out of center is people seemed concerned about looks of the hood rather than what seems like a real problem with wheel/frame alignment, I have not seen or heard of that as normal and think something is out of wack. It was a shot at others, not you.

Good luck
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbp
[left]
Ride has potential.

I'd park it until I could swap headlights. During that time I'd lower it 3/4" at least free on stock bolts. Maybe remove the two front side spoilers (leave the center one) and lower it a bit more.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
If you are looking for help and information this forum is a great resource. However if you act like you know everything already and attack people that give a simple opinion (posting pics is asking for opinions, imho) people will be reluctant to help. What was “funny” about your wheel out of center is people seemed concerned about looks of the hood rather than what seems like a real problem with wheel/frame alignment, I have not seen or heard of that as normal and think something is out of wack. It was a shot at others, not you.

Good luck
and where did I act like I know everything? You got that from where?
Old 04-22-2018, 10:54 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by ~Josh
Ride has potential.

I'd park it until I could swap headlights. During that time I'd lower it 3/4" at least free on stock bolts. Maybe remove the two front side spoilers (leave the center one) and lower it a bit more.
NA not going to park it. Lol. Remove the side spoilers??
Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I did some reading on the wheels sticking out, can be a number of things, from body alignment, wheel alignment, even fender alignment to the body itself. My vette has wheels wider than the body right now and my right side rear is like nat's *** further out than the left side rear. Some times its normal, now its its like half inch and everyone in the mother can see it, then I'd bring it to a shop and ask about it.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Your wheels are great...your hood is fantastic...the color of your car is beautiful...do not remove the 2 front side spoilers (that is insane)....find stock headlights....and ignore all the other crap you are getting....here is a similar hood from the past....it was my favorite hood(see pic below)....carry on sir

WOW....just a fantastic hood

Heres mine....

Old 04-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

and where did I act like I know everything? You got that from where?
I miss spoke..... you know your car is right because a frame shop said so and you measured over 40 c5s. Thats fine, something still seems off to me but its your car.

Good luck
Old 04-23-2018, 10:41 AM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

What is the thing that is stuck to your targa?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 AM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Pretty common on very lowered cars. Those rip the bumper where they mount from being tugged at by asphalt. Looks cleaner too with the beat looking clutter removed. They're for aerodynamics when you're doing 140+mph.

If you aren't doing that often you don't lose anything including not ripping your bumper. If your car isn't going to be lowered a lot then don't bother.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:15 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by AE Guy
What is the thing that is stuck to your targa?
Are you talking about the set of keys on top of it? LOL I think that’s what it is
Old 04-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by ~Josh
Pretty common on very lowered cars. Those rip the bumper where they mount from being tugged at by asphalt. Looks cleaner too with the beat looking clutter removed. They're for aerodynamics when you're doing 140+mph.

If you aren't doing that often you don't lose anything including not ripping your bumper. If your car isn't going to be lowered a lot then don't bother.
I never knew that that is what those were cold. But yeah I kind of hate them but I do scrape some times and then a reminder that I’m going to fast or at the wrong angle over certain things.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Bigbp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yello95
Your wheels are great...your hood is fantastic...the color of your car is beautiful...do not remove the 2 front side spoilers (that is insane)....find stock headlights....and ignore all the other crap you are getting....here is a similar hood from the past....it was my favorite hood(see pic below)....carry on sir

WOW....just a fantastic hood

Heres mine....

Those are beautiful cars and that hood looks exactly like mine. Great news is I finally found headlight assemblies and pick them up tomorrow. Will have them painted by the end of the week and bolted on Friday.

Quick Reply: 2002 corvette buttttt