Need a few pics of a stock z06 trunk compartment - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 General
Reload this Page >

Need a few pics of a stock z06 trunk compartment

Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a few pics of a stock z06 trunk compartment

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-16-2018, 01:39 PM
  #1  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need a few pics of a stock z06 trunk compartment

I haven't posted here in years! I'm the original owner of a 2001 Z06 that has been lightly modded. I'm currently returning the car to factory stock spec. I had chrome plated hood and trunk hinges along with the mounting bolts. I saved just about all of the original parts, but I can't find the correct hinge mounting bolts. I also believe that the trunk lid latch was held on by star drive bolts and not the standard style bolts. Can somebody post some pictures of their STOCK trunk / hood hinges / trunk lid latch so I can see what I need to get. Thanks in advance!! Mark
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:46 PM
  #2  
MikeG37
CF Senior Member
 
MikeG37's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Hernando MS
Posts: 1,077
Thanked 176 Times in 109 Posts
Default

These are the only ones I have of the trunk area saved on my phone.

* If no one has posted a good shot of the lid bolts before I get home I'll get another.




Last edited by MikeG37; 04-16-2018 at 01:51 PM.
MikeG37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM
  #3  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MikeG37 View Post
These are the only ones I have of the trunk area saved on my phone.

* If no one has posted a good shot of the lid bolts before I get home I'll get another.




Thanks!! Looks like that lid latch is mounted by 'Star drive / Torx' bolts??
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM
  #4  
MikeG37
CF Senior Member
 
MikeG37's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Hernando MS
Posts: 1,077
Thanked 176 Times in 109 Posts
Default

They're all 13mm hex




MikeG37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:13 PM
  #5  
knewblewkorvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
knewblewkorvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 10,165
Thanked 447 Times in 392 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-18

Default

Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
I haven't posted here in years! I'm the original owner of a 2001 Z06 that has been lightly modded. I'm currently returning the car to factory stock spec. I had chrome plated hood and trunk hinges along with the mounting bolts. I saved just about all of the original parts, but I can't find the correct hinge mounting bolts. I also believe that the trunk lid latch was held on by star drive bolts and not the standard style bolts. Can somebody post some pictures of their STOCK trunk / hood hinges / trunk lid latch so I can see what I need to get. Thanks in advance!! Mark
Are you wanting to sell these?
knewblewkorvette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:25 PM
  #6  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette View Post
Are you wanting to sell these?

Yes, eventually. I'll have quite a bit of chrome parts off of this car. They all look 'as new', because the car was rarely driven and to this day only has 6000 miles on it. I'll also have a chrome plated alternator and the mounting bracket.
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:27 PM
  #7  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MikeG37 View Post
They're all 13mm hex




Awesome and thanks! That's what I needed. Are the fasteners holding the lid catch held on by TORX head star drive bolts? I'm almost positive that these are what held the catch to the lid.
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:29 PM
  #8  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Yes, eventually. I'll have quite a bit of chrome parts off of this car. They all look 'as new', because the car was rarely driven and to this day only has 6000 miles on it. I'll also have a chrome plated alternator and the mounting bracket.
When I get finished removing all of the aftermarket parts, I'll post a list of what's available. May also list on ebay as well. Will also have a like new set of Z06 repop chrome plated wheels with tires as well.
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:39 PM
  #9  
knewblewkorvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
knewblewkorvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 10,165
Thanked 447 Times in 392 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-18

Default

Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Yes, eventually. I'll have quite a bit of chrome parts off of this car. They all look 'as new', because the car was rarely driven and to this day only has 6000 miles on it. I'll also have a chrome plated alternator and the mounting bracket.
Please let me know when you do, thanks.
knewblewkorvette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:55 PM
  #10  
MikeG37
CF Senior Member
 
MikeG37's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Location: Hernando MS
Posts: 1,077
Thanked 176 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Awesome and thanks! That's what I needed. Are the fasteners holding the lid catch held on by TORX head star drive bolts? I'm almost positive that these are what held the catch to the lid.
Yeah, the catch uses two T30's


Last edited by MikeG37; 04-16-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Pic
MikeG37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeG37 For This Useful Post:
MarkV (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 04:03 PM
  #11  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MikeG37 View Post
Yeah, the catch uses two T30's
That's what I thought! Thanks so much Mike!!! I really appreciate the time you took to help me out!!
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 PM
  #12  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MikeG37 View Post
Yeah, the catch uses two T30's

[IMG]https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-20180416_151853_0240e0e24dd311869aa77968 c817132ee54ca639.j
pg[/IMG]
Back when I did my mods, I bagged all of the original pieces and wrote on each bag what the part(s) were for, but I have one bag of 6 of these T30's without any clue as to where they were used; I know that 2 of them are for the trunk latch. Do you have any idea where the remaining 4 were used? I don't think that they were used for the hood latches, but I could be wrong. I looked at a 2001 coupe and the hood latches were attached with hex bolts. And this car was all original with no mods. Any idea at all where these extra 4 T30's were used?? After all these years, I just can't remember, but they definitely were removed from my Z06!!
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:35 PM
  #13  
knewblewkorvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
knewblewkorvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 10,165
Thanked 447 Times in 392 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-18

Default

Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Back when I did my mods, I bagged all of the original pieces and wrote on each bag what the part(s) were for, but I have one bag of 6 of these T30's without any clue as to where they were used; I know that 2 of them are for the trunk latch. Do you have any idea where the remaining 4 were used? I don't think that they were used for the hood latches, but I could be wrong. I looked at a 2001 coupe and the hood latches were attached with hex bolts. And this car was all original with no mods. Any idea at all where these extra 4 T30's were used?? After all these years, I just can't remember, but they definitely were removed from my Z06!!
You are not wrong. I just checked both my 99 and 02 and they have hex bolts on the hood latches.
knewblewkorvette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 PM
  #14  
MarkV
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2000
Location: Springfield GA
Posts: 471
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette View Post
You are not wrong. I just checked both my 99 and 02 and they have hex bolts on the hood latches.
Thanks for verifying!! Now if I could just figure out where the extra 4 'TORX' T30 fasteners go. These are the same ones that bolt the trunk latch to the lid. They definitely came off of the car. Just can't figure out exactly where they were used. Thanks again!!
MarkV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:07 PM
  #15  
NCVette1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: NC
Posts: 137
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Might be a stupid question... but... do you think a guitar in a hard case can fit back there? I can do it in my hatchback. I'd like to get a Z so they can grow up together at some point but I do carry a guitar around a lot.

Last edited by NCVette1; 04-17-2018 at 08:08 PM.
NCVette1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:47 AM
  #16  
CSX
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Location: Tucson
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NCVette1 View Post
Might be a stupid question... but... do you think a guitar in a hard case can fit back there? I can do it in my hatchback. I'd like to get a Z so they can grow up together at some point but I do carry a guitar around a lot.
Survey says...

Last edited by CSX; 04-18-2018 at 01:48 AM.
CSX is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a few pics of a stock z06 trunk compartment


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: