Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 PM
StocktonC7GS
Pro

Received 418 Likes on 178 Posts

Mine were delivered today as well. Can't wait to get these in but it will be a few weeks. I'll do them while changing my corner lights. Can you guys post pics after your install.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:54 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

when will the next batch be made that has the right polarity? and the quantity to order is 1 for both lights, is that correct?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:57 PM
StocktonC7GS
Pro

Received mine today with the custom bent paper clip! Love it!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:59 AM
lavaheadache
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Received my "second batch" led fogs a couple days ago, today I had a few minutes to install them. Install was simple except one thing.... I only did one side initially and the bulb didn't light up when I tested it so I plugged it into the other side, which I hadn't yet reversed the factory plug. Turns out, my second batch lights weren't reversed polarity.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks Radioflyer for yet another awesome product. Can't wait for an LED ACA conversion
Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 PM
mark4cam
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Mine came in on Thursday and I got home this afternoon in time to install them. Turns out mine were not reversed polarity either. Simple plug and play. Glad I read your message first before I went to the trouble of switching the connectors.

They look and perform just like everyone else's in this thread, awesome. I do have a fitment issue with my fogs I have to sort out - the housings are not centered in the opening, resulting in a bigger cutoff than they should be, and the right one is angled up slightly. But I would not have know that if not for these far superior LED bulbs. Very happy!
Old 06-10-2018, 11:36 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by mark4cam
Mine came in on Thursday and I got home this afternoon in time to install them. Turns out mine were not reversed polarity either. Simple plug and play. Glad I read your message first before I went to the trouble of switching the connectors.

They look and perform just like everyone else's in this thread, awesome. I do have a fitment issue with my fogs I have to sort out - the housings are not centered in the opening, resulting in a bigger cutoff than they should be, and the right one is angled up slightly. But I would not have know that if not for these far superior LED bulbs. Very happy!
Glad to hear.

The adjustments are an easy fix.
to center in housing, loosen the 10mm hex bolt that holds the fog light frame to the cross member. Adjust and when satisfied, tighten the bolt.

Vertical adjustment is a simple torx 15 accessed from the front of the car.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:40 AM
mark4cam
Racer

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Glad to hear.

The adjustments are an easy fix.
to center in housing, loosen the 10mm hex bolt that holds the fog light frame to the cross member. Adjust and when satisfied, tighten the bolt.

Vertical adjustment is a simple torx 15 accessed from the front of the car.
Thanks! If I get ambitious I'll get back in the garage tonight and get them adjusted. I did the fogs and the headlights yesterday evening and just ran out of energy, so nothing is adjusted yet. Still a huge improvement on both fronts.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 AM
StocktonC7GS
Pro

Installed mine this evening....I couldn't wait. Turns out, my second batch lights weren't reversed polarity as well....just plug & play! If you haven't purchased these, I strongly suggest you do. By far the best mod for the least buck! These are awesome! Thanks George!...PS, thanks for the paper clip!

A month or so ago, I replaced my factory fog 899's with a set of Anzo Super White 885's. The difference was like night and day. Made a huge difference over stock. Here's a pic of the 885's from 12' down my driveway. Nice cutoff with a clean light.

I actually enjoyed these lights as it made the night time drives so much more enjoyable vs. the factory 899's. This evening, I replaced the left side Anzo 885's with the light from Radioflyer....huge difference in the output as well as the cutoff.

Now with both lights replaced....fogs only!

Here's a pic in the neighborhood with only the new fogs....could almost drive w/o headlights.

Here with the fogs and headlights....Silverstar ZXE 9006 which I thought were a nice white hue until I added the fogs....(guess I've gotta update the headlights....LOL)

A few more pics....

Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 PM
Daypoblue
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Just installed mine. Just as the others have said... 20 minutes and done. Mine were Not reverse polarity either. Plug & Play. Now I’m just waiting for it to get dark so I can see the upgrade. Excellent Product !!!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Daypoblue
Just installed mine. Just as the others have said... 20 minutes and done. Mine were Not reverse polarity either. Plug & Play. Now I’m just waiting for it to get dark so I can see the upgrade. Excellent Product !!!
Hmmm, i'm starting to think that the 98 test car may have had backwards wiring. I will continue to include the pin release tool (funky paperclip) for all future orders. Customers should test the lights BEFORE tinkering with polarity.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Caveboy
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

What is the best way to get to the fog lights for replacement?
Old 06-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Daypoblue
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Hmmm, i'm starting to think that the 98 test car may have had backwards wiring. I will continue to include the pin release tool (funky paperclip) for all future orders. Customers should test the lights BEFORE tinkering with polarity.
I do have an "Official" Radio Flyer Reverse Polarity Tool (Brand New/Never Used) available for purchase for anyone interested.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:27 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Caveboy
What is the best way to get to the fog lights for replacement?
option 1) If you have skinny forearms and good dexterity, you can get to them with the headlights up and headlight shrouds removed.

option 1a) If you have bigger forearms, remove the headlight cover and the headlight hinge bolts.

option 2) With the car lifted on ramps or jacks, remove the lower access panel. (wearing safety glasses is recommended as crap WILL fall in your face)
Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 PM
Caveboy
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Got it
Old 06-14-2018, 12:33 AM
StocktonC7GS
Pro

Originally Posted by Daypoblue

I do have an "Official" Radio Flyer Reverse Polarity Tool (Brand New/Never Used) available for purchase for anyone interested.
I too have one....brand new, never used! LOL
Old 06-14-2018, 01:37 PM
mark4cam
Racer

option 1) If you have skinny forearms and good dexterity, you can get to them with the headlights up and headlight shrouds removed.

option 1a) If you have bigger forearms, remove the headlight cover and the headlight hinge bolts.

option 2) With the car lifted on ramps or jacks, remove the lower access panel. (wearing safety glasses is recommended as crap WILL fall in your face)
I did option 2. In retrospect, 1a would have been a lot easier. Especially since I was installing headlights at the same time! Doh.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,215 Likes on 775 Posts

Option 3:
Take it to your go to Corvette repair guy and have him do as I did. No mess, no cussing and just a few bucks for his time.

Get notified of new replies

To ***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***

Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,283 Likes on 1,938 Posts

The bulbs in Manteca's fogs - are those the same 4000lm? Does that mean 4000k color? Is there a 5000k available?

I've got the nose in the air for other things at the moment and was going to toss these in and thought to myself... wait a tick... if these are going to be yellow hue, maybe I want to swap out for pure white to match my Luminator kit. Then I could also use the fogs as low beams if they are as good as shown.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:26 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Tusc
The bulbs in Manteca's fogs - are those the same 4000lm? Does that mean 4000k color? Is there a 5000k available?

I've got the nose in the air for other things at the moment and was going to toss these in and thought to myself... wait a tick... if these are going to be yellow hue, maybe I want to swap out for pure white to match my Luminator kit. Then I could also use the fogs as low beams if they are as good as shown.
It's 4000LM label (about 5500K color)
Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

how do you check the polarity and is the quantity 1 for both of the lights?

Quick Reply: ***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***