Sponsored by:

***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:04 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by bobs77vet
how do you check the polarity and is the quantity 1 for both of the lights?
Plug the bulb into the factory socket, Turn on your fog lights. If they light up, you have correct polarity. If not, you'll need to switch the wires in the factory socket.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm a lazy SOB and had them put in by a shop at the same time that I had them put in the generation 2 shrouds for the Luminator LED/Hid combo that RadioFlyer sells. So I know nothing about polarity but it's clear that they put out significantly more light than the the OEMs, which were sort of a joke.

While on the subject of that Luminator combo, I'll say that I prefer the light color of the OEMs, but in terms of light output, there is no comparison. The Luminator low-beams have a pretty sharp cutoff, but they still cast a considerable amount of light above the cutoff point. However, nobody has flashed me with their brights, so I guess it's not too much. The high beams are ridiculous. They can be seen from outer space. They cast light to the sides as well as straight ahead, so if a deer is about to jump out of the woods in front of my car (A) I can see him from a mile away and (B) he's terrified by the light output and holds back until I'll long gone. I would not want to live in a house close to the road that I drive down at night, especially if I was trying to get to sleep. But if I was looking for a dropped contact lens, that would be perfect. It would light up like a diamond.

As for the gen 2 shrouds, the appear to be from a 3D printer. One had a crack in it that the shop glued together. Their view is that the gen 2 shrouds were a bit more of a problematic fit than the gen 1 shrouds, but that the gen 2 was overall a higher quality product.

After many months of driving around in these new headlights, I would never go back and rank them among the best upgrades I've made to the car. I would rank them slightly behind the MGW shifter, mostly because I don't do that much night driving, but the shifting is a constant part of the driving experience; and above the wind restrictor, which has some practical benefit but mostly looks cool.

To me these lights are worth the money. If money is tight, maybe there are plug and play bulbs that would upgrade you over stock and be a good value.

Last edited by Koufax; 06-18-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:15 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Koufax
While on the subject of that Luminator combo, I'll say that I prefer the light color of the OEMs, but in terms of light output, there is no comparison. The Luminator low-beams have a pretty sharp cutoff, but they still cast a considerable amount of light above the cutoff point.

I would make sure the HID bulb is installed correctly in the projector. These projectors should have ZERO light above the cutoff (see below)

Old 07-20-2018, 03:30 PM
JHoltorf
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in Houston/Spring area have these new LED fog lights? I'm running HID 6000K and would like to do a side by side comparison and post pictures. I personally would love to get my hands on a set, but want to see how they compare first.

Let me know.

Jeff
Old 07-20-2018, 03:53 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JHoltorf
Anyone in Houston/Spring area have these new LED fog lights? I'm running HID 6000K and would like to do a side by side comparison and post pictures. I personally would love to get my hands on a set, but want to see how they compare first.

Let me know.

Jeff
Funny, I"m just north of you. If you'd like to setup a time to meet next week, I'd be happy to do that.
email: president@radioflyerinnovations.com

Old 07-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Booger789
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed my new Radio Flyer led fog lights and could not be happier. I also took this opportunity to install the Hi-4 harness. Polarity was correct so I have a Radio Flyer installation tool for sale as well. Thanks for another couple of great projects. Now the front of my car almost looks horrible with the headlights on, because I have all leds now except for the headlights. With headlights off my car looks like a modern cars front should. Decision decision what to do with the headlight now?
Truly Thank You for a very high quality product!

Last edited by Booger789; 07-22-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:06 PM
lavaheadache
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Booger,

As a nice stop gap before spending a ton of money on a full headlight replacement. I can’t recommend buying led headlight bulbs from Vettelights enough. Very satisfied with the $100 spent. Good upgrade from stock while providing a needed equilibrium with my Radioflyer led fogs and drl/switchback package. I was leary about “blinding” people and I’m happy to report that over the month or so that I’ve had them in I haven’t once gotten flashed from other drivers and I drive regularly at night.

Ill toss a pic in here later on just to show how it all looks together.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:39 PM
ElectronZO6
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there something wrong with the site @radioflyer?
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ElectronZO6
Is there something wrong with the site @radioflyer?
new website:
radioflyerinnovations.com

LED fog light Product page
https://radioflyerinnovations.com/sh...upgrade&page=2

(actually it's the same website, but the "shop" part is now integrated into the main site)

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer; 07-23-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:58 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

New inventory has arrived. Order ship Same-Day (if ordered before 5pm CST)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:22 PM
FreeC5inAZ
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any update on availability of yellow fogs?
Old 09-06-2018, 05:52 PM
JHoltorf
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HID to LED Comparison
Here's a couple photo's of Radio Flyer's LED vs 6000K HID fog light.
It speaks for itself.

LED on left HID on right.

Headlight & LED Foglights

HID on left, LED on Right.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Booger789
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

So you were impressed with the fog lights I gather? I have been super happy with my set.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:38 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by FreeC5inAZ
Any update on availability of yellow fogs?
Working on getting a sets in yellow, The output is slightly reduced compared to white, but that is in inherent with the yellow LED.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM
FreeC5inAZ
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Working on getting a sets in yellow, The output is slightly reduced compared to white, but that is in inherent with the yellow LED.
Yes, but visibility is enhanced in foggy/dusty/rainy conditions.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:23 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by FreeC5inAZ
Yes, but visibility is enhanced in foggy/dusty/rainy conditions.
I have a yellow LED solution available if you want to upgrade to Hella Micro DE housings. These will fit on your factory brackets. Shoot me an email if you want to discuss further (radioflyer97@gmail.com
Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 AM
Felix20b
Intermediate

Huge thanks to Radio Flyer (AKA: Sharp Electronics) for the great customer service. I had a slight issue with my LED fogs, so I called and left him a message. He called me back that same day and instructed me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks again, Radio! That's how you get repeat business!

Get notified of new replies

To ***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***

Old 05-22-2020, 09:09 PM
Sckc5
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
Plug the bulb into the factory socket, Turn on your fog lights. If they light up, you have correct polarity. If not, you'll need to switch the wires in the factory socket.
Would you happen to still have the gen 6 switchback lights still? If so how much, also the high 4 harness is in and i can actually see the road at night now. Thanks again man.

Radioflyer hi4 harness installed. Super easy to tap into fuse box too with your style taps

Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Sckc5
Would you happen to still have the gen 6 switchback lights still? If so how much, also the high 4 harness is in and i can actually see the road at night now. Thanks again man.

Radioflyer hi4 harness installed. Super easy to tap into fuse box too with your style taps
Gen 6 switchbacks are dated technology. We use Cree now in a custom bulb for the C5:
https://sharplightinnovations.com/sh...ack-bulbs-pair
Old 06-18-2020, 07:19 AM
Felix20b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Felix20b
Huge thanks to Radio Flyer (AKA: Sharp Electronics) for the great customer service. I had a slight issue with my LED fogs, so I called and left him a message. He called me back that same day and instructed me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks again, Radio! That's how you get repeat business!
Finally got to use my new lights and they are great! Sadly, this and the MGW shifter are my two favorite mods. Haha
The following users liked this post:
Sckc5 (06-23-2020)

Quick Reply: ***New LED fog light from Radioflyer Innovations***