DEI Here to Support you!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 12:42 PM
0DEITIM
Former Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default DEI Here to Support you!

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself and the company I work for. Design Engineering Inc. (DEI). I'm here to help anyone with any heat and sound control issues you maybe experiencing. So if you have any questions on our products, need help stopping heat or sound please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Everyone,

Tim
Old 05-18-2018, 03:15 PM
garrettg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you speak to the places to use of the gold heat reflective tape or other heat reflective products on the c5 platform used for track days?

Would the gold reflective tape be helpful to put on the bottom of the intake manifold to reflect heat from the valley cover?

Would it be helpful to place on the bottom of the air bridge or airbox?

Would it be helpful to wrap any ball joints, tie rods or other suspension components with heat reflective material to shield heat from brake components?

Last edited by garrettg; 05-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:10 PM
0DEITIM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by garrettg
Can you speak to the places to use of the gold heat reflective tape or other heat reflective products on the c5 platform used for track days?

Would the gold reflective tape be helpful to put on the bottom of the intake manifold to reflect heat from the valley cover?

Would it be helpful to place on the bottom of the air bridge or airbox?

Would it be helpful to wrap any ball joints, tie rods or other suspension components with heat reflective material to shield heat from brake components?
The gold tape and sheet material works well on the bottom of intake manifold and valley covers. Just make sure the surfaces are extremely clean before installing. Some people also use our Floor and Tunnel material for these areas.

Yes, lots of Corvette owners and builders use our Reflect A Gold materials to wrap their air intake tubes/boxes. Typically they will wrap the whole box and tube. The gold Polyimide foil does great reflecting ambient heat away help keep intake charges cool.

Suspension is a tough one, we don't have a lot of testing or feedback on. Some guys are using our Reflect A Gold on suspension components but we have little feedback on how well it works and stays on.

We also offer a new C5 transmission tunnel kit under DEI P# 050530 which includes everything you need to stop the heat from coming thru the center console and making uncomfortable to drive.

designengineering.com check out part number 010392 (Reflect A Gold), 010396 (Gold Tape), 050502 (Floor and Tunnel), 050530 (C5 Trans Tunnel Kit).
Old 05-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Octagon8
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DEITIM
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself and the company I work for. Design Engineering Inc. (DEI). I'm here to help anyone with any heat and sound control issues you maybe experiencing. So if you have any questions on our products, need help stopping heat or sound please feel free to contact me.

Thanks Everyone,

Tim
What are the advantages and possible drawbacks or problems when using a header wrap product from DEI on stainless headers? How far down the header/collector or even part of the exhaust is appropriate to use the wrap for heat management for a street and track use C5 ?
Old 05-21-2018, 10:23 AM
0DEITIM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Octagon8
What are the advantages and possible drawbacks or problems when using a header wrap product from DEI on stainless headers? How far down the header/collector or even part of the exhaust is appropriate to use the wrap for heat management for a street and track use C5 ?
Hello Octagon8,

Really the only draw back of using exhaust wrap on stainless steel headers is covering up the great look of the stainless steel headers especially if they are polished. How far down to wrap is really up to you. The majority wrap from the primary tubes down to the collector. When wrapping the headers or pipes it helps keep the heat in the pipes which helps promote exhaust gas scavaging or a more efficient flow of the gases which in turn helps make horsepower. Exhaust wrap also helps keep ambient hood temperatures down, which can help maintain a cooler intake charge. Keeping under hood temps down will also allow you to be more comfortable inside the vehicle too. For a street/strip car I would wrap the headers from the primary tubes to the collectors. Check out our Titanium exhaust wraps at www.designengineering.com

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Tim
Old 05-21-2018, 12:57 PM
Octagon8
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I appreciate the info. I'll be ordering some DEI stuff soon.

Get notified of new replies

To DEI Here to Support you!

Quick Reply: DEI Here to Support you!