Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black 2001 Backed Into By Truck-Body Shop Recommendations Please

Old 05-24-2018, 11:34 PM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Black 2001 Backed Into By Truck-Body Shop Recommendations Please

Good evening. It has been years since I've been on here (well signed in). You guys have always been a tremendous help. I'm now asking for help again. My C5 was backed into today while I was at the gym. I see posts about body shops in the Nashville area but I don't see any that are recent. Has anyone had positive experiences with body shops in the Nashville, TN area recently? LOL I'm too protective of my ride.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:45 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,200 Likes on 13,918 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

You may want to post this in the Southeast Regional section of the forum.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:57 AM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
You may want to post this in the Southeast Regional section of the forum.
I suppose it is worth a try.
Thank you.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 AM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by EbonyFantasy
I suppose it is worth a try.
Thank you.
Also, throw up a few pictures. Some of the opinions from the CF guys will help you to be more knowledgeable when you speak to a body shop.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Front, or rear? Asking for a friend.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Vettenuts might have any body panels you need (even in correct colors)and he is near Nashville. He's a contributing vendor.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:24 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by zeevette
Front, or rear? Asking for a friend.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 666 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Bummer to hear about your C5 getting hit! Hopefully the truck driver's insurance will be easy to work with.
Agree with the others about putting some pics up to see if someone who has had to replace body panels has insight you may use; as well as trying to post in your area. You may also want to post your request for assistance in the paint/body section of the forum at https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/paint-body-138/.
Also, agree with the recommendation to check Vettenuts. Marc is a good go-to for C5 parts.
Best wishes with a quick and easy fix to your ride!
Old 05-25-2018, 03:21 PM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

Originally Posted by Route99
Bummer to hear about your C5 getting hit! Hopefully the truck driver's insurance will be easy to work with.
Agree with the others about putting some pics up to see if someone who has had to replace body panels has insight you may use; as well as trying to post in your area. You may also want to post your request for assistance in the paint/body section of the forum at https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/paint-body-138/.
Also, agree with the recommendation to check Vettenuts. Marc is a good go-to for C5 parts.
Thank you for all the responses. I will see if I can grab some pictures later today. Just got a quote earlier today from American Auto Body for $1,372. This place was recommended by a friend of mine that deals with classics. I also have an appointment with a custom shop on June 8. Kinda want to stay away from chain shops. The damage consists of some scratches, a (entire the way through the paint) scruff at the top, broken backup lights, bent up tag, broken tag frame, and bent up Corvette rear lettering.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:24 PM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

Originally Posted by Route99
Insurance....well, when I mentioned insurance he immediately became sour. Started going off. He told me his deductible is $1,000 and he would pay it. I'm thinking he is under the impression that it won't be more than $1,000. As I was walking away he said you better now screw me. That didn't exactly give me a good feeling.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Simtech
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Insurance....well, when I mentioned insurance he immediately became sour. Started going off. He told me his deductible is $1,000 and he would pay it. I'm thinking he is under the impression that it won't be more than $1,000. As I was walking away he said you better now screw me. That didn't exactly give me a good feeling.
I learned a long time ago to just call my insurance and let them deal with the other a$$holes insurance or lack there of. I got rear ended buy a lady a couple of years ago and her insurance had just expired USAA pay'ed up and even got my deductible out of her and I didn't have to do anything. Sorry I cant help with shops but I did find a good body shop in south Alabama that does great work and I agree with staying away from the chains.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:25 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Since you got it in the rear... might be a good excuse for an aftermarket rear fascia with a built in spoiler. Maybe fender flares if you have to paint anyway.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:29 PM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Simtech
I learned a long time ago to just call my insurance and let them deal with the other a$$holes insurance or lack there of. I got rear ended buy a lady a couple of years ago and her insurance had just expired USAA pay'ed up and even got my deductible out of her and I didn't have to do anything. Sorry I cant help with shops but I did find a good body shop in south Alabama that does great work and I agree with staying away from the chains.
Howdy neighbor What body shop did ya use? I’m in Enterprise and have no clue who I’d trust around here if I ever need work done
Should have told him “you already screwed me by backing into my car”
Since you got it in the rear... might be a good excuse for an aftermarket rear fascia with a built in spoiler. Maybe fender flares if you have to paint anyway.
if I had to replace my rear fascia I’d go with one that has a built in spoiler
Old 05-25-2018, 08:30 PM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

lmao....good thinking. I love it. However, it won't need replaced. Just a good paint job and the backup lights replaced. I hope some issue doesn't arise in the future do to this. While washing the car today i noticed something. It looks like I got lucky. Had he of backed a little more it would have damaged the hatch lid. I haven't selected a shop yet. I have an appointment with a custom shop on June 8. I'll decide then.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Simtech
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

It was Bruce's Rods and Customs (334-677-7811) in Dothan, they are actually in Rehobeth. I only had to have the custom fin on my car done the rest polished out thankfully. They only charged me $125 and the electron Blue color match was spot on. They had a couple of older vette's in there shop so I figured they knew what they were doing.
The following users liked this post:
OleStraightStick (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 08:56 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Corvette tech recommended a shop to do some paint work. Young couple, mostly insurance but also some restoration. Did a great job reasonably.

Check with Corvette club
Old 05-25-2018, 09:21 PM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Did you get a police report?

Get notified of new replies

To Black 2001 Backed Into By Truck-Body Shop Recommendations Please

Old 05-26-2018, 12:48 AM
Yokesc5
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Just dont driveaway with any work you dont like,just walk away, call them n tell them the problem n that you wont take it until it is right.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:27 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,339 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by OleStraightStick

Should have told him “you already screwed me by backing into my car”
Old 05-26-2018, 03:05 PM
EbonyFantasy
Racer

Originally Posted by Simtech
It was Bruce's Rods and Customs (334-677-7811) in Dothan, they are actually in Rehobeth. I only had to have the custom fin on my car done the rest polished out thankfully. They only charged me $125 and the electron Blue color match was spot on. They had a couple of older vette's in there shop so I figured they knew what they were doing.
Wish the shop you mention above was closer to me. I have high hopes for the shop I'm to meeting with on June 8. One down fall do these custom shops have any warranty on the work?

Yes, this dude really did screw me. I was so pissed. I was biting my tongue. LOL this happened at the gym. Can you imagine a woman just over 100lbs going off on a guy in the gym parking lot about backing into her vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black 2001 Backed Into By Truck-Body Shop Recommendations Please