Schrader tpms reset - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schrader tpms reset

Old 06-14-2018, 12:26 PM
8VETTE7
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Kohlman View Post
Thanks for the video. I will give it try this afternoon and get back with you. I don't need any of the codes that I am clearing for any reason do I?
No you do not need the old codes...

We are only interested in codes that come back afte you do the clear and then drive the car...
Old 06-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Denny Kohlman
CF Member

Default tpms

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 View Post
Codes for the TPMS system would show up under sensor B0 - RFA.

However, since he had the old sensors fail and there is no indication that he cleared the codes after having new ones installed, any that he pulls now are likely to be left over from the old bad TPMS. He needs to clear the codes and then drive the car for at least several miles (20 or more would be better) and then pull the codes.

If you have never pulled codes before (and I suspect that to be the case) then watch this video and perhaps take some notes out to the car so you can pull them:

https://youtu.be/SviRjIsy9G4

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC after each 5 character code. List the codes under the sensor they show with. is 10 - PCM or 28 - TCS or 40 - BCM ..... etc .....

If any sensor(s) have NO COMM next to them post that also.
I took the car in today to get it aliened since got new tires and rims and I asked the Chevy dealership to see if they could program the sensors. They tried two different ways and told me they could not get it to connect. On my way home I decided to try the screen again and there they were-all four reading the correct pressure. I guess I needed to drive the car. I do not know what they did but it worked. When I got home I called the dealership to let him know that he solved my problem. Also I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. The forum is truly a wealth of information. Thanks for help.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Denny Kohlman
CF Member

Default tpms

[QUOTyouE=Vetteman Jack;1597392624]For the sensors to work, the car has to be in motion. Take it out for a spin and see if the readings appear.[/QUOTE]

Also what cold tire pressure do you run? These were 36-37 cold. On the car is says 30psi
Old 06-14-2018, 04:46 PM
knewblewkorvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-18

Originally Posted by Denny Kohlman View Post
[QUOTyouE=Vetteman Jack;1597392624]For the sensors to work, the car has to be in motion. Take it out for a spin and see if the readings appear.
Also what cold tire pressure do you run? These were 36-37 cold. On the car is says 30psi[/QUOTE]

30 psi
The Following User Says Thank You to knewblewkorvette For This Useful Post:
Denny Kohlman (06-14-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 01:20 PM
jackthelad
CF Senior Member

TP should be 30 psi. But check it with a decent gauge.