Sponsored by:

[Z06] A Z06, blue and purple skies with the moon...what a photo I got

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 05:10 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanflying
Nicely done! Thanks for capturing the flawless lines of the c5z.
They are some fine lookin machines!

You're in ATL, you gotta get up to Helen, Ga and hit those roads man...sick. These roads I highlighted...very nice. The one in the middle is where I got the pic up top. There are a series of turnoffs, it's the 2nd to last going downhill. I have some serious drone footage from there too. Now I'm out in Vegas...missin runnin Helen once a month, I tell you that right now.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:12 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Simtech
Great Pics, but you must expand on these lesser known roads you speak of. I love going to the Great Smokey Mountains and driving the back road but traffic has gotten ridiculous.
That Rt19 above...two lane (going south to north)...that's the big bonus, and serious. 348 is quite a ride too. Lots of Miatas, Porsches and other cars there in the nice months. Helen, Ga is a real hidden gem too...modeled after a Bavarian town...it actually makes you feel like you're running the mountain roads of Nurburgring or somethings. Lots of restaurants, attractions, tubing, etc. Plus you can rip up in the mountains.

Some refer to the 17>180>348 as the "helenring". In the larger scheme, all that is part of the Gauntlet, which you can look up online. Lots of serious roads there. Rt19 is one of the best though, fast, two lane for more freedom, some serious road camber and switchbacks...it's real fun.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 10-24-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Simtech
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Motorcycle Touring Map

Thanks for elaborating, We just got back from a our annual trip the Bryson City NC. We ran the Dragon and many other fun roads up there. We missed Helen but did go up through Suches and then over to Clayton and on to Moonshiners 28. If you haven't seen it there is a map available at some rest stops in that area called Wild Rides, it is for motorcycles but has a lot of the great roads up in that area highlighted.

Last edited by Simtech; 10-24-2018 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Added Map

Quick Reply: [Z06] A Z06, blue and purple skies with the moon...what a photo I got