Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

Old 08-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

The short answer is - it works. There's only a few dollars of materials in the $30 kit but the instructions are detailed, all necessary items (pad/foam/etc.) are included and they figured it out, so I don't mind paying for it. The factory foam was being cut by the frame wires and the simple kit solves the problem. There's some added foam that nicely improves the bolsters. The seat feels much improved. Total time was about two hours and, like anything, the second effort would take half that. Careful of the plastic that's getting brittle as these cars age. If you've been thinking about it I say go for it. Cheers!

Last edited by Time for a C-5; 08-13-2018 at 09:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WestCoastCorvette (08-29-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,188 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Thanks for the review.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:03 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Time for a C-5
The short answer is - it works. There's only a few dollars of materials in the $30 kit but the instructions are detailed, all necessary items (pad/foam/etc.) are included and they figured it out, so I don't mind paying for it. The factory foam was being cut by the frame wires and the simple kit solves the problem. There's some added foam that nicely improves the bolsters. The seat feels much improved. Total time was about two hours and, like anything, the second effort would take half that. Careful of the plastic that's getting brittle as these cars age. If you've been thinking about it I say go for it. Cheers!
I bought that same kit a few years ago and was very pleased with the results. It was quite surprising how the wires had cut almost entirely through the foam. And because I am such a perfection freak I bought hog-ring pliers to close up the bottoms (instead of using zip-ties provided).
Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 PM
dproto09
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Time for a C-5
is the repair kit worth it or isn't it better to replace with new foam. I would like to redo my driver side seat foam.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dproto09
is the repair kit worth it or isn't it better to replace with new foam. I would like to redo my driver side seat foam.
The kit adds a barrier between the foam and the thin wires that cut into the foam. Simply replacing the foam isn't the solution. Like I mentioned above, there's only a few $s of material in the kit but it includes everything needed and detail directions and disassembling the seat. I didn't mind paying the $25 or $30.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:55 AM
monteholic
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

link to the kit?

Time for a C5...I was born and raised in Waterford, I work at the airport so I'm in Waterford everyday
Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 AM
stangin4lyfe
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by monteholic
link to the kit?

Time for a C5...I was born and raised in Waterford, I work at the airport so I'm in Waterford everyday
https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-...2013-c5c6.aspx
Old 08-29-2018, 09:56 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 450 Likes on 375 Posts

I used two of the kits on the seats in my C5. I replaced the foam on the drivers side and installed the seat repair kit as well. On the passenger side I just installed the seat repair kit. As far as I am concerned it was a investment that was worth every penny.

You could put the kit together yourself for less money, but the time alone looking for the necessary components convinced me that the cost of the retail kit was well worth it.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 666 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Agree!! We recently used the WCC foam for both seats and decided to use the cushion repair kit, too! Very easy to do, and the seats should now outlast me! (Oops, that didn't sound good. ).
Very pleased with the quality of both the foam and cushion repair kit; quick shipping and good communications.
Just one heads up: Since I ordered one set of seat foam that was for both seats, I ordered just one cushion repair kit. I did not pay attention to the kit information - if I had I would have clearly seen the cushion repair kit was for one seat. So.....I had to quickly order the second cushion repair kit but got it with only minimal delay. I couldn't complain since I was the cause of the delay. However, since we were also doing the rocking chair fix as well as installing two new seat back recliner mechanism cables we had plenty to do while we were waiting for the second cushion repair kit to arrive.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:39 AM
stangin4lyfe
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Just ordered a repair kit for my z06 from them.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by monteholic
link to the kit?

Neighbors! Below is a link to the kit.

https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-...2013-c5c6.aspx
Old 08-31-2018, 10:00 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Route99
Agree!! We recently used the WCC foam for both seats and decided to use the cushion repair kit, too! Very easy to do, and the seats should now outlast me! (Oops, that didn't sound good. ).
Very pleased with the quality of both the foam and cushion repair kit; quick shipping and good communications.
Just one heads up: Since I ordered one set of seat foam that was for both seats, I ordered just one cushion repair kit. I did not pay attention to the kit information - if I had I would have clearly seen the cushion repair kit was for one seat. So.....I had to quickly order the second cushion repair kit but got it with only minimal delay. I couldn't complain since I was the cause of the delay. However, since we were also doing the rocking chair fix as well as installing two new seat back recliner mechanism cables we had plenty to do while we were waiting for the second cushion repair kit to arrive.
I only did the driver's side cushion repair. Now my passenger seat is sliding...I guess I'll be addressing the foam while I'm in there fixing the slide.

Get notified of new replies

To Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit