Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 General
Reload this Page >

Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

Old 08-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Time for a C-5
CF Senior Member

Default Quick review of the WCC seat cushion repair kit

The short answer is - it works. There's only a few dollars of materials in the $30 kit but the instructions are detailed, all necessary items (pad/foam/etc.) are included and they figured it out, so I don't mind paying for it. The factory foam was being cut by the frame wires and the simple kit solves the problem. There's some added foam that nicely improves the bolsters. The seat feels much improved. Total time was about two hours and, like anything, the second effort would take half that. Careful of the plastic that's getting brittle as these cars age. If you've been thinking about it I say go for it. Cheers!

Last edited by Time for a C-5; Yesterday at 09:37 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Heart of Missouri Currently Own: 2003 Milestone Edition. Previously Owned: '79, '79, '84, '89, '94, '95, '99 and '00
Thanked 3,157 Times in 2,808 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Thanks for the review.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Sam Handwich
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Time for a C-5 View Post
The short answer is - it works. There's only a few dollars of materials in the $30 kit but the instructions are detailed, all necessary items (pad/foam/etc.) are included and they figured it out, so I don't mind paying for it. The factory foam was being cut by the frame wires and the simple kit solves the problem. There's some added foam that nicely improves the bolsters. The seat feels much improved. Total time was about two hours and, like anything, the second effort would take half that. Careful of the plastic that's getting brittle as these cars age. If you've been thinking about it I say go for it. Cheers!
I bought that same kit a few years ago and was very pleased with the results. It was quite surprising how the wires had cut almost entirely through the foam. And because I am such a perfection freak I bought hog-ring pliers to close up the bottoms (instead of using zip-ties provided).

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: