Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30 HP+ 30 TQ with PROFLEX Commander for C5 Corvette (LS1/LS6) Anyone try it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Naturally Vain
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 30 HP+ 30 TQ with PROFLEX Commander for C5 Corvette (LS1/LS6) Anyone try it yet?

Has anyone tried this "plug and Play" E85 kit?

From the Website:

Description

The PROFLEX Commander for 1997-2004 Chevrolet C5 Corvette and 2000-2004 Chevrolet C5 Z06 Corvette is a plug-and-play performance E85 flex fuel system with dyno proven performance, and the ability to run E85, gas, or any blend right out of the box without the need to tune or switch maps. Customers can expect 30+ WHP and 30+ TQ gains. Use our iOS or Android app to connect to your PROFLEX Commander!What comes in the box:
-PROFLEX Commander Unit for C5 LS1/LS6 engines with Smartphone Connectivity
-Flex Fuel Sensor with fuel line and fittings for C5 LS1/LS6 Corvette engines
-Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness for C5 LS1/LS6 Corvette The PROFLEX Commander product line is backed by a limited 12 month warranty.

https://www.advancedfueldynamics.com...-corvette-ls1/

Old 09-09-2018, 05:46 PM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,015 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I'm glad you posted this up. I saw the one for sale in the C5 parts for sale section and it stirred my curiosity.

Maybe Bret from TX (blownbluez06) or some other qualified person who has done a flex fuel conversion will respond.

I spoke with Vengeance Racing about flex fuel conversion on my car and besides the electrical portion (not using this system), which this may address, it requires a fuel pump system upgrade and larger injectors because e85 uses 30-35% more fuel than pump gas with 10% ethanol. That being said, I'm supercharged with cam and heads.

Maybe this would work work on a bone stock car???
Im waiting with you to hear from the pro's.

Last edited by lewislgZ06; 09-09-2018 at 05:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lewislgZ06:
ArmchairArchitect (09-10-2018), Naturally Vain (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Naturally Vain
Racer

Originally Posted by lewislgZ06
I'm glad you posted this up. I saw the one for sale in the C5 parts for sale section and it stirred my curiosity.

Maybe Bret from TX (blownbluez06) or some other qualified person who has done a flex fuel conversion will respond.

I spoke with Vengeance Racing about flex fuel conversion on my car and besides the electrical portion (not using this system), which this may address, it requires a fuel pump system upgrade and larger injectors because e85 uses 30-35% more fuel than pump gas with 10% ethanol. That being said, I'm supercharged with cam and heads.

I'd like to see a guinea pig try it out! I looked on some other forums and people with Hellcats, Mustangs, BMWs seem to love this thing. I wonder if there is any risk......
Old 09-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Naturally Vain
Racer

Originally Posted by lewislgZ06

According to other forums (a mopar one that I looked at) it works with Supercharged and stock incredibly well with big gains for both...
Old 09-09-2018, 06:45 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

whether it works or not it looks like crap with all that birds nest of wiring... leaving the rest of the fuel system out of the equation (injectors, pump, etc, all of which you will most likely need anyway and doesn't come with this kit either) you could probably swap to flex fuel with a different pcm, sensor, and some wiring changes for around the same amount of money as this thing costs and it would be a hell of a lot cleaner
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (09-10-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Naturally Vain
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
whether it works or not it looks like crap with all that birds nest of wiring... leaving the rest of the fuel system out of the equation (injectors, pump, etc, all of which you will most likely need anyway and doesn't come with this kit either) you could probably swap to flex fuel with a different pcm, sensor, and some wiring changes for around the same amount of money as this thing costs and it would be a hell of a lot cleaner
Im with you on that. It almost looks too easy and that something is missing. I could be wrong though!

I wish someone would try it here and post.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 PM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,015 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I weighed the pros and cons, and concluded it just wasn't for me, but I was curious as to whether this particular system is as good as they claim.

Pros: Runs cooler and cleaner, on average about a dollar per gallon cheaper than 93 pump gas, approx. est. of 50 hp gain for my application

Cons: Expensive for complete conversion system and installation, my car sits a lot and ethanol is very unstable, availability of e85 both in my area and others I'm not familiar with, even less mpg, and as stated would look like crap with all those wires running everywhere

Im sure there are other pros and cons, I just couldn't justify it for my particular situation. Here in TN it doesn't snow a lot, but when it does they salt and brine the bejesus out of the roads. My car doesn't normally move from Dec.-April, and pretty much only on weekend days otherwise.
I normally fill up with non-ethanol premium and a bottle of stabile for those winter months and don't have to worry about anything. That's good enough for me.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:19 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I just run my car on e85 only, I have enough stations around me to not worry about using pump gas and I don't take it on long trips either... if you are in a similar situation you could always do it that way and not worry about doing a flex fuel setup
Old 09-10-2018, 07:45 AM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

I already have larger fuel pump and 60# injectors from my previous A&A setup so may not need much more to go flex fuel. Are there other E85/Flex Fuel systems offered as a package or do I need to purchase components and have it tuned for E85 only? Car is modded with heads/cam/etc...

Get notified of new replies

To 30 HP+ 30 TQ with PROFLEX Commander for C5 Corvette (LS1/LS6) Anyone try it yet?

Quick Reply: 30 HP+ 30 TQ with PROFLEX Commander for C5 Corvette (LS1/LS6) Anyone try it yet?