Drove a C6 Grand Sport, now I want one - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a C6 Grand Sport, now I want one

Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Location: Williamsport. PA. My AR-15 identifies as a muzzleloader
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by jpm995 View Post
Some really great comments. I bought a '02 z06, would have liked a c6z but the price difference was too much. I'm more than happy with the c5 but i suspect i would have been happy with the c6. The C5 z coupe look to me is one of the classic all time designs.Just wish i could have driven a c6 z06. Is the extra power that feelable?
Night and day... example:
Originally Posted by chasboy View Post
My friend who I purchased my ‘02Z from bought an ‘08 Z06. He didn’t keep it that long, liked the ‘raw’ feel of the ‘02 better and was intimidated by the 505hp. This is from a very long time Corvette/hot rod owner/gearhead. He’s no rookie, so his opinion is relevant.
I'm not sure if the horsepower is as important asthe torque it has and the range of RPMs it has. I think you'd have to do a trainload of mods to a C5 to get it equivalent to a c6z. Just my opinion. Ymmv
Old 10-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Lingenfelter
CF Senior Member

​​​​​​​I'm loving my C5 Z06! It's silly fast, handles like it's on rails, super light weight, perfectly balanced and I have full control of it. But the best part of the C5Z is how raw it is and how much fun it is to play with. Nothing wrong with a Grand Sport, but it's not any faster, doesn't handle any better, isn't any lighter and doesn't sound as good or raw as a C5Z. There's a reason why a Grand Sport is lower on the performance scale and less extreme as a Z06. I don't need anything faster like a C6 Z06 or a C7 Z06. I can enjoy accelerating without right away getting in immediate trouble like with the C6Z and C7Z. I also absulutely love the unique FRC Z06's appearance. No way I'm ever selling my C5Z!
Old 10-13-2018, 12:19 AM
Tuco
CF Senior Member

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

JSBGS will be my next love.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:22 AM
grantv
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lingenfelter View Post
I'm loving my C5 Z06! It's silly fast, handles like it's on rails, super light weight, perfectly balanced and I have full control of it. But the best part of the C5Z is how raw it is and how much fun it is to play with. Nothing wrong with a Grand Sport, but it's not any faster, doesn't handle any better, isn't any lighter and doesn't sound as good or raw as a C5Z. There's a reason why a Grand Sport is lower on the performance scale and less extreme as a Z06. I don't need anything faster like a C6 Z06 or a C7 Z06. I can enjoy accelerating without right away getting in immediate trouble like with the C6Z and C7Z. I also absulutely love the unique FRC Z06's appearance. No way I'm ever selling my C5Z!
Nice! Just went out to the garage to make sure you didn't take mine...
​​​​​​​
The Following User Says Thank You to grantv For This Useful Post:
Lingenfelter (10-14-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:34 AM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

Location: Williamsport. PA. My AR-15 identifies as a muzzleloader
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
JSBGS will be my next love.
all I can say is hold out for one with the mag ride

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: