C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove terminals from the BCM Connector

Old 10-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Mr. Sammie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove terminals from the BCM Connector

Greetings. I am attempting to install a LMC5 and the instruction both via YouTube and paper are clear. However I couldn't remove the purple and Green terminals and I fear I may have damaged them. Do you have any ideals of what I can do to remove those terminals. Thanks
Old 10-11-2018, 03:03 PM
jaki30
Melting Slicks

Received 514 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Just pull the wire out. The terminal will come out with the wire.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
'Shifter
Thoroughly chapped
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 409 Likes on 327 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by jaki30
Just pull the wire out. The terminal will come out with the wire.
Unless you're me....
Old 10-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Old School
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 254 Posts

There should be a small allen key in the LMC5 kit to use to extract the pin. If you push the pin into the back of the connector while you push the allen key in the connector from the front, the pin should then pull out very easy. There is a small tab on the pin that you must depress with the allen key.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:15 PM
Exact1
Burning Brakes

Received 184 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Old School
There should be a small allen key in the LMC5 kit to use to extract the pin. If you push the pin into the back of the connector while you push the allen key in the connector from the front, the pin should then pull out very easy. There is a small tab on the pin that you must depress with the allen key.

That's just how I did it. Quite simple, just use care because we're all dealing with older components.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:03 PM
TheAllusionist
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Update on my situation……… I had sent a couple emails to compliance and tried calling couple of times during my lunch hour and couldn’t get a hold of anyone, so I am thinking perhaps in the C5s heyday these guys were proactive and perhaps they weren’t anymore. Then yesterday I was heading out to a job site and thought I would try calling again and got a hold of Richard. Could not have been a nicer guy or more helpful.
We talked for a while, he asked questions for troubleshooting and finally he suggested a version of their product that they only needed to ship out 4-6 times a year, it had a less stringent timing requirement for cars that got out of sync I believe he said. I asked what I should put down when ordering so that I got the right one, and he told me I wasn’t ordering anything, they would ship me one free of charge and if it worked I could send the other one back, but this wasn’t going to cost me anything, they were there to help solve this problem, that is what they did.
He said once I had it installed and had a feel for if the problem happened anymore and if it did if it was better or worse, then we could talk again and troubleshoot. We talked a bit more, and he told me they also fixed BCMs, etc. and I said that with the type of customer service he was showing, if I needed BCM work they would get my business, and he said to table that idea because we were going to try to fix it with the less expensive fix I had already purchased, if it came to BCM repair we could talk about it. I thought that was very professional to not try to get the more expensive option underway.
Hopefully the new part fixes things, but I wanted to point out to people that the company was still actively solving this issue, and they may not return emails very efficiently or answer the phone on lunch hour, they did answer at other times and were very helpful!
Hopefully this solves it, but great to know that there was someone knowledgeable willing to help me get to the bottom of it and work with me an no more cost to try and solve the issue.
To be continued……….

Last edited by TheAllusionist; 06-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pounder (06-21-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 10:46 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,219 Likes on 13,929 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

That is good customer service and hope it does fix your problem.
The following users liked this post:
TheAllusionist (06-24-2019)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:43 PM
TheAllusionist
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I thought I would follow up on this only to compliment Compliance Parts on customer service. The modules didn't fix the "Pull Key, Wait 10 Seconds" issue and I had already replaced the ignition switch and tried another BCM (which is potentially bad so wasn't risking using it as it left me stranded once the second day it was in) and that issue went away, so I was pretty sure it was the BCM. So I sent my BCM to compliance parts to have them repair/rebuild it, but unfortunately that didn't fix it. When I told Rich that it didn't fix the issue he said that I owed them nothing since they didn't fix it. He was sorry and thought for certain the issue would be solved as they have such a good success rate and that it looked like I would need another BCM to eliminate the issue. He wished me luck and asked me to let him know how it worked out in the end.

I call that excellent customer service! I just wanted to make sure and give Rich and Compliance Parts some Kudos!

I purchased a BCM that was supposedly rebuilt for this mechanic who was using it to fix a car, but it turned out to be the control module in the door so the car was never started with it. I put that one in and programmed it to work with my car/key and made sure it works and that there was no "Pull Key, Wait 10 Seconds" message/error, then sent it off to have flashed. I am very excited for it to get back and install it, could be crazy, but seemed like traction control worked better with it in.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:41 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,219 Likes on 13,929 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 Tech.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:59 PM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

The link below show exactly how it's done.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove terminals from the BCM Connector

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to remove terminals from the BCM Connector