C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arrgggghh! Rain!!

Old 11-13-2018, 06:54 AM
Ramets
CF Senior Member

Default Arrgggghh! Rain!!

Drove up to Md. from SC Fri. in pouring rain. Sat. & Sun. we had sunshine as we visited with family. Left Mon. morning...you guessed it, back into pouring rain all the way back to SC. What makes it interesting is since the C5 sits so low, road spray makes it an adventure as to what might be up ahead since you can't see, especially if you get stuck behind a couple of 18 wheelers. Did see one interesting thing on the way up though, a tractor trailer hauling a huge boat that was too tall to fit under an overpass on Rt. 95. Luckily he stopped before the bridge, but it was an overpass without an exit. Since he had no room to turn around, and even if he did he would've been going the wrong way on the Interstate, and there was no crossover. I'm sure since he had the right lane blocked I-95 backed up for miles before they could figure out what to do. I thought of that old joke about letting the air out of the tires to get under the bridge, but this boat was REALLY huge. I don't think that would work. Not sure how they solved it, but it was gone on our return trip.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Vetteman Jack
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,582 Times in 3,141 Posts
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sounds like poor planning on the part of the truck driver. Should have checked all overpass height clearances before embarking on the trip.

Driving in the rain can be an experience in a low sitting car.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM
dleibman
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Drove up to Md. from SC Fri. in pouring rain. Sat. & Sun. we had sunshine as we visited with family. Left Mon. morning...you guessed it, back into pouring rain all the way back to SC. What makes it interesting is since the C5 sits so low, road spray makes it an adventure as to what might be up ahead since you can't see, especially if you get stuck behind a couple of 18 wheelers. Did see one interesting thing on the way up though, a tractor trailer hauling a huge boat that was too tall to fit under an overpass on Rt. 95. Luckily he stopped before the bridge, but it was an overpass without an exit. Since he had no room to turn around, and even if he did he would've been going the wrong way on the Interstate, and there was no crossover. I'm sure since he had the right lane blocked I-95 backed up for miles before they could figure out what to do. I thought of that old joke about letting the air out of the tires to get under the bridge, but this boat was REALLY huge. I don't think that would work. Not sure how they solved it, but it was gone on our return trip.
low cars and rain stinks. Can hardly see. Just did a 3600 trip in mostly rain and truck spray.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:21 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

That's why they invented Rain-X
Old 11-13-2018, 02:40 PM
Ramets
CF Senior Member

As much rain and road spray I had to deal with, Rain-X wouldn't of helped. I needed sonar.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:22 PM
dleibman
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
As much rain and road spray I had to deal with, Rain-X wouldn't of helped. I needed sonar.
for sure !!! Amen brother
Old 11-13-2018, 05:30 PM
mark4cam
CF Senior Member

That's the only circumstance where it's totally acceptable to get your doors blown off by a Prius. BTDT.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: