Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my Apsis Leather Door Panels today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 11:21 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Those look great and fit well with your overall interior plan.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:00 AM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 602 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Hi All,

Got permission from OP to post this so we don't high jack his thread.

It seems some customers are interested in upgrading your C5 aging seat to the C6 seat like OP.

We have one set of 05-11 C6 Seat Skin in combo of Ebony Nappa Leather & Torch Red Nappa w/Torch Red Stitching w/Flag Logo on headrest available. You can purchase this Seat Skin and mount to the 05-11 C6 Seat or we can sell you a complete C6 seat with frame, foams and the Seat Skin installed so you just mount to your C5 direct.

I do ask OP how it works to mount the C6 seats to C5 and he says he has no problem. So that's why I decide to offer this C6 Seat Skin to C5 customers. For more details, you can talk to OP direct. OP's C6 Seat is 2012-13 but ours is 05-11 version. Basically it's similar.

Price: Seat Skin only $1688/set

Price: Complete C6 Seat properly installed with the Seat Skin $2500/pair

Attached are the pictures of this Seat Skin.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:28 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Received 412 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Choreo
Those look great, wish I could justify the price for me!
Originally Posted by MSG C5
Those look great and fit well with your overall interior plan.
Thanks.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:14 PM
kh400
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 91LSMAN
Well, I did it. I installed my leather door panels today. Overall the process is not too hard. Here are the issues I had:

Although the clips were aligned, the holes to put the torx bolts back in, behind the door handle never lined up. I eventually got both passenger side bolts in after a struggle, but got so frustrated with the drivers side, that I had to leave 1 bolt out. Everything still works, but I know there is only 1 bolt in there. My GUESS is that adding leather, etc. changes the alignment just enough to shift things around just a bit. (I believe that they break the door panels in 2 to install the leather, but I am not sure.) You'd think that if all the clips were aligned, the bolt holes would line up.

On the new drivers side door panel I was a little frustrated with what Apsis did with the cover behind the door handle. While both of those small pieces (1 for each side) were covered in leather, on the drivers side it was attached to the door panel with glue because the clips were broken. You can't attach something with glue that needs to be removed to get the bolts in. That was frustrating. I may just put a regular, uncovered one in it's place. I actually tried that at 1st, but then the little clips on mine broke because I don't think the leather was cut away enough to allow the clips to take hold. I glued their piece back in, after I got the 1 bolt in. Not sure if it'll hold.

I have a short temper so those 2 issues ticked me off, probably more than they should have. I kept concentrating on those things and not the fact that visually, the door panels are stunning and the leather work and stitching is fantastic. They match my interior black and red theme perfectly.

Below I will attached photos and a video.

The video has music to cover up my suspiciously heavy breathing. I was playing around with my new phone.

The Video

https://youtu.be/S6YJWgIPoCQ
Where did you buy that stunning steering wheel cover?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kh400
Where did you buy that stunning steering wheel cover?
It's a re-wrapped stock wheel from DSVettes/VetteCandy.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:45 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

You sent me into a laughing fit with the suspiciously heavy breathing comment. That really sucked considering I’m trying to recover from the flu.

Interior looks phenomenal. No more jokes though or my wife will take my phone away for sounding like a dying camel who smoked cigarettes for the last 30 years.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:02 PM
91LSMAN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
You sent me into a laughing fit with the suspiciously heavy breathing comment. That really sucked considering I’m trying to recover from the flu.

Interior looks phenomenal. No more jokes though or my wife will take my phone away for sounding like a dying camel who smoked cigarettes for the last 30 years.
HA! Sorry.

Quick Reply: Installed my Apsis Leather Door Panels today...