Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Extreme People Come In

Old 12-03-2018, 08:42 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Corsa Extreme People Come In

Sooooo........I found a mint, almost new Corsa Extreme system on ebay for $650 and pulled the trigger immediately as I never see these for cheap. I picked up some 200 cell count high flow Magnaflow cats on black Friday as well. Currently my stock cats are very restrictive as I did some research and the cell count on stock 2000 cats is around 700-800. I ditched the pup cats about 10 months and that made a difference on it's own. So right now I have a z06 ti system with bypass, corsa x-pipe with stock cats and long tube headers. Now I will have high flow cats, corsa x-pipe and the extremes, this will be interesting. My modded TI system will be available for sale as soon as the other system comes in. I've never changed exhausts this many times, but I think I will like what is to come. It was just too quiet and I am cammed. I have heard the straight pipe Borla pipes, but it's just ridiculous loud. I hear this corsa system is top of the line and has very low drone. For the guys that have this system, what do you think and how do you like it?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Andrew
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

You will like it. Very low drone, if any - depends on your definition of drone. You can hear the exhaust though. Out back, it is loud! I have a relatively big inch, high compression, big cam setup and have LTs, high flow cats and the Extreme's. They are not obnoxious, unless at WOT and even then, not bad at all inside the car.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

I have LTs matted to Corsa Extremes and love the sound. It's easy to carry on a conversation on the inside with the loud in your face noise on the outside. You will not be disappointed. I get compliments everywhere I go with how great the exhaust sounds.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,186 Likes on 13,910 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Corsa makes an excellent exhaust product. IMO, you will really like the sound of the car.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:54 PM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Corsa Extreme

The Extremes will sound great and when a cam is installed it sounds wicked. It gives the Vette an exotic sound unlike the other brands and has very little drone and cabin noise. All aftermarket setups sound great.....its an LS so it comes down to what YOU like.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:16 PM
killian96ss
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 181 Posts

I listened to sooo many exhaust systems before I narrowed it down to 2 systems, the Corsa Extremes and the Billy Boat Bullets. Both sounded nice, but the Bullets had a little bit of the motor boat sound at idle and too much drone overall while the Extremes just sounded nasty with little to no drone. I think you'll be happy.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
retiredff (12-06-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 12:38 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Love my Corsa Extremes.. They are nice in the cabin, but loud to those who follow, especially at over 3500 rpm..

You can hear them in the cabin, but no drone. I do have the trunk partition and shelf however.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I too modified my stock Ti setup, but just wasn't enough. Ended up buying Corsas and never looked back.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:47 AM
VFR RC46
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have The Corsa extreme axle backs and X-pipe on an otherwise stock 04 C5 base. It sounds great, absolutely zero drone, but it is a little too quiet for my tastes (mostly due to currently having 4 catalytic converters). I am thinking when I install long tube headers (deleting all 4 cats) it will probably be a bit too loud, so I will more than likely add a pair of resonators and then it should be about perfect.

Last edited by VFR RC46; 12-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:43 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VFR RC46
I have The Corsa extreme axle backs and X-pipe on an otherwise stock 04 C5 base. It sounds great, absolutely zero drone, but it is a little too quiet for my tastes (mostly due to currently having 4 catalytic converters). I am thinking when I install long tube headers (deleting all 4 cats) it will probably be a bit too loud, so I will more than likely add a pair of resonators and then it should be about perfect.
Ditch those stupid pup cats. That's the first thing I did when I got my 2000 frc. It made the car louder and opened her up a little. I went with high flow cats and I'll be having those installed along with the corsa once it comes in.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:27 PM
VFR RC46
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I live in Florida, so I am not going to waste money on over priced air fresheners. I am half tempted to see if I can sweet talk my friend that owns a shop into cutting out the cats and replacing them with bullet resonators, but I really don't want to invest any time/money in the factory manifolds.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Even after adding headers, I'm still surprised by how "quiet" my xtremes are at cruising speed. But WOT sounds mean.
Another benefit was the choice in tips. I love the four 4" tips.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:23 AM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Witmer
Even after adding headers, I'm still surprised by how "quiet" my xtremes are at cruising speed. But WOT sounds mean.
Another benefit was the choice in tips. I love the four 4" tips.

The 4" tips in my opinion look waaay better. Unfortunately the system I found used has the 3.5" tips. But for $600 I can't complain. Can't wait to get it in!
Old 12-06-2018, 03:35 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I love my extremes, no real done but I have my windows down whenever im in my car really. sounds amazing from 4500 and up

Last edited by ss4luck; 12-06-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Heres idle through first, and then from 35 - 140ish 2-4
Kooks LTs, catless, kooks 3" X, Corsa Extremes

Last edited by ss4luck; 12-06-2018 at 03:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VFR RC46 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

sounds gtreat
Old 12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
WoodyJohnson
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by EVLGTO
Sooooo........I found a mint, almost new Corsa Extreme system on ebay for $650 and pulled the trigger immediately as I never see these for cheap. I picked up some 200 cell count high flow Magnaflow cats on black Friday as well. Currently my stock cats are very restrictive as I did some research and the cell count on stock 2000 cats is around 700-800. I ditched the pup cats about 10 months and that made a difference on it's own. So right now I have a z06 ti system with bypass, corsa x-pipe with stock cats and long tube headers. Now I will have high flow cats, corsa x-pipe and the extremes, this will be interesting. My modded TI system will be available for sale as soon as the other system comes in. I've never changed exhausts this many times, but I think I will like what is to come. It was just too quiet and I am cammed. I have heard the straight pipe Borla pipes, but it's just ridiculous loud. I hear this corsa system is top of the line and has very low drone. For the guys that have this system, what do you think and how do you like it?
Got mine installed today, picked up a set off of CL barely used, for $800, the guy bought it for a super-charged C5 Z06 and it was just plain too loud so I got a couple hundred off. I had them installed on my 01 C5 otherwise stock base convertible with a catback Borla X pipe and it's perfect for what I wanted, a little sportier sound with the Borla X pipe adding just a little more growl, which I got the idea for after reading someone posting about it on this forum. The muffler installer complained about the Borla X pipe and said it was responsible for the tips not lining up perfectly but when I looked at them they looked straight to me so I don't know what his problem is, what do you think?

Last edited by WoodyJohnson; 12-06-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Extreme People Come In

Old 12-06-2018, 04:08 PM
retiredff
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by killian96ss
I listened to sooo many exhaust systems before I narrowed it down to 2 systems, the Corsa Extremes and the Billy Boat Bullets. Both sounded nice, but the Bullets had a little bit of the motor boat sound at idle and too much drone overall while the Extremes just sounded nasty with little to no drone. I think you'll be happy.

Steve
I can attest to the Billy Boat Bullet drone noise! Damn it's bad!!! I'm in the process of sound deadening the inside and will most likely remove the BBB and sell them to buy an eBay axle back system that I have seen reviews on youtube. They sound fine to me and much cheaper. I'm an old fart and will sacrifice some tone for a quiet interior so me and the wife can talk without yelling and listen to tunes.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:28 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ss4luck
Heres idle through first, and then from 35 - 140ish 2-4
Kooks LTs, catless, kooks 3" X, Corsa Extremes
https://youtu.be/0oaQQzqLQj4
Holy Jesus!! Btw, is that ACS roll races??

Originally Posted by WoodyJohnson
Got mine installed today, picked up a set off of CL barely used, for $800, the guy bought it for a super-charged C5 Z06 and it was just plain too loud so I got a couple hundred off. I had them installed on my 01 C5 otherwise stock base convertible with a catback Borla X pipe and it's perfect for what I wanted, a little sportier sound with the Borla X pipe adding just a little more growl, which I got the idea for after reading someone posting about it on this forum. The muffler installer complained about the Borla X pipe and said it was responsible for the tips not lining up perfectly but when I looked at them they looked straight to me so I don't know what his problem is, what do you think?
I see nothing wrong with this, looks good to me. Did you buy the ones that were on CL in L.A.? I lucked out, I got the corsa xpipe for free when I bought my z06 titanium system.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:37 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Originally Posted by EVLGTO
Holy Jesus!! Btw, is that ACS roll races??
It was put on by a company called Roll Race America, They used to do one event a month, but a mustang went full mustang and bounced off both walls on the big end trying to hook a big TVS on a 20" street tire and I dont believe theyve had an event since. IT was a shame, it was a very well run event. $60 run all night. A lot of us used to to adjust our tunes based on the weather changes lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corsa Extreme People Come In