Sponsored by:

C5-->C7 Butt

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 01:18 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Time for a C-5
...these cars are eye candy toys. I often silently giggle doing a double take walking past it in the garage.
My only Corvette has been my existing C7. Being me, I naturally do the same - not so silent - giggle/double take. I would probably have done the same on any Corvette I had in the garage. The over-the-top Corvette was the C5 though and rekindled my love.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,953 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Sorry, a blanket statement like that doesn't work... maybe for you.
A car has to look nice also. You are obviously a Corvette fan having owned a few. I have owned one, this one. I am a car fan, but not necessarily a Corvette fan.
I promise you, a C7 will never reside in my garage because it doesn't fit my fancy. If I had the money, something else would sit there (or maybe just still my C5Z, and buy something cool for my wife).
No disrespect - but this is a Corvette forum, and like me, most here are HUGE Corvette fans...so if your not a "Corvette fan" (according to you) then your input about buying / owning the latest Corvette is somewhat irrelevant given the fact that this really is all about the love (at least appreciation) for Corvettes here... I dont care if you like / dont like the C7...a lot of folks do and alot of folks dont - but when you say your "not a Corvette fan"...your opinion lost credibility with me...
The following users liked this post:
bruceg2016 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
My only Corvette has been my existing C7. Being me, I naturally do the same - not so silent - giggle/double take. I would probably have done the same on any Corvette I had in the garage. The over-the-top Corvette was the C5 though and rekindled my love.
The eye likes what it likes. Enjoy yours! Makes me want to go for a drive...but it's efing snowing right now and months away from no salt on the road! Oh well, I'm building a C2 model with my 9 year old to keep my car fix satiated. Cheers!
ImpliedConsent (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:49 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
No disrespect - but this is a Corvette forum, and like me, most here are HUGE Corvette fans...so if your not a "Corvette fan" (according to you) then your input about buying / owning the latest Corvette is somewhat irrelevant given the fact that this really is all about the love (at least appreciation) for Corvettes here... I dont care if you like / dont like the C7...a lot of folks do and alot of folks dont - but when you say your "not a Corvette fan"...your opinion lost credibility with me...
Wow, yer pretty high and mighty deciding who's opinion is relevant. Good for you.
My implication, probably understood by most, is that I am a car fanatic first. I obviously like Corvettes, I own one and drive it daily, but I also like other cars.
And this is the C5 forum, I paid no disrespect on the C7 forum.
You just lost credibility with me, moving on.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:28 PM
lane_viper
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Wow, yer pretty high and mighty deciding who's opinion is relevant. Good for you.
My implication, probably understood by most, is that I am a car fanatic first. I obviously like Corvettes, I own one and drive it daily, but I also like other cars.
And this is the C5 forum, I paid no disrespect on the C7 forum.
You just lost credibility with me, moving on.
^^^

I'm a Car guy too, not a Corvette guy. I used to be JDM import guy, was looking for a new daily, and said "Corvette, why not".

The C5 is the only Chevy product the wife and I own, and the Corvette is the only Chevy product I care to own. The Corvette for me is "a cool car to drive everyday". The weekends are for the Viper (dream car) or the S2000 (canyon carver).

He and I are "Car guys" that own a car that this forum is based on. To say our opinion is irreverent and has "no credibility" is asinine.

I am not brand loyal. I buy the cool cars I want and can afford, no matter who makes them. Like is too short to be stuck on one car. I will probably never have 2 of the same ride.
The following 2 users liked this post by lane_viper:
BlackHellcat (01-18-2019), grantv (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 04:45 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

I LOVE the C7 but the **** of the C7 on a C5, is totally out of place. It is like taking a shark and cross breeding it with a dolphin.

However, it is the C5 owner's car and he can do with it what he/she wants.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:27 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,953 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_viper
^^^

I'm a Car guy too, not a Corvette guy. I used to be JDM import guy, was looking for a new daily, and said "Corvette, why not".

The C5 is the only Chevy product the wife and I own, and the Corvette is the only Chevy product I care to own. The Corvette for me is "a cool car to drive everyday". The weekends are for the Viper (dream car) or the S2000 (canyon carver).

He and I are "Car guys" that own a car that this forum is based on. To say our opinion is irreverent and has "no credibility" is asinine.

I am not brand loyal. I buy the cool cars I want and can afford, no matter who makes them. Like is too short to be stuck on one car. I will probably never have 2 of the same ride.
Guess what? I dont care...
Old 01-18-2019, 05:34 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,679 Likes on 1,481 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jdmvette
if I could have the c7 headlights on my c5...i'd be a happy guy
I don't own a C6, but I do like the C7 style headlight mod that is now available. A guy in our local club modded his C6 and it looks great. (Pic below is not his car)

Old 01-19-2019, 12:50 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Phanni
I love my C-5 ***, and my C-7s
I believe a lot of folks that "hate" the C-7 can't swing the $$$$$ to buy one
at least we’ve established you aren’t a psychologist.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:18 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I don't own a C6, but I do like the C7 style headlight mod that is now available. A guy in our local club modded his C6 and it looks great. (Pic below is not his car)

I've seen those and talked to the guy who made them available to make a retrofit set for the c5 but alas he said no go

C6 guys are lucky to have this headlight option for sure, they look sweet
Old 01-20-2019, 02:11 AM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
I saw a C5 with a C7 rear at Carlisle 2 years ago. Job was really well done, can't say it was a complete abortion, but just why? If you mow the neighbors grass for $10/hr for the time you have in that meth-crazed mod, you could buy a C7...
quoted..just because LOL
Old 01-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Phanni
I love my C-5 ***, and my C-7s
I believe a lot of folks that "hate" the C-7 can't swing the $$$$$ to buy one
I hated my C7 because it was a lemon and the new GM is worse than the old GM.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:54 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Tuco
quoted..just because LOL
We missed you down there this year! Mark and I raised an eyebrow at that one I can tell you.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:06 AM
lane_viper
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Guess what? I dont care...
Nice response here. Out of bullets, throw the gun...
Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_viper
Nice response here. Out of bullets, throw the gun...
Now that's funny.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:06 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by ismithlj

I don’t like anything about the C7s styling, to me it just doesn’t look like a Corvette. I’ve got a 63 and a 2002, if I wanted a C7 I’d get one. I bought a C5 because I think it’s the best looking “modern” Corvette.
I agree. I'd rather spend the c7 money on a c1 or c2 any day. Which I did.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:25 PM
workmanw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 517 Likes on 292 Posts

Here's my 2 cents: I have a C5, and I have put a lot of money into it, some of it, like the fixed headlights and the rear defuser, could be argued that I was trying to make it look like a C6. I wasn't. I was making changes that I thought would make it look better, that would make the car unique. I like the C6 and could easily have bought a C6 for the money I spent, but it would then be just like everyone else's C6. If I bought a C6, by the time I finished modifying it to my tastes I could have bought a C7... I think to some degree we all have Corvettes because we don't just want transportation, we want style, we want performance, we want... Individuality. All of those things are to different degrees to different people. I don't personally care for the blue convertible conversion posted here, but I have seen an orange coupe that had front and rear conversion that I did like. I guess my point is, it's fine not to like something, it fine to say that you don't like something, but I don't agree with saying that no one else should or shouldn't do something just because you don't like it.
JohnnyZee (01-26-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To C5-->C7 Butt

Old 01-26-2019, 09:44 AM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Not a fan. I really like a C_'s rear (and front) on rear (and front that t was designed for.

And while I fully support (and practice) individualizing your car, it's good to keep in mind that, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

But at the end of the day, it really is just a personal preference thing.

Last edited by FrankLP; 01-26-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Whipitnow
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuco
quoted..just because LOL
I cried when Tuco died......
Old 01-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Whipitnow
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts

I like the C6 rear end and think a 5 might look better with that type of shape. The 7's I do not care for as well although I have seen some that look really good until you look at it from the rear....

Quick Reply: C5-->C7 Butt