Sponsored by:

Braum Elite seats fixed or recliner

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 07:41 PM
R1-Addict
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Braum Elite seats fixed or recliner

I have read as many threads that I can find on seats in the C5, I really like the Braum Elite X and realize I’ll have to do a C6 conversion with the adjustable seats because the the C5 mechanism is in the way. I am 6”3 and run my seat all the way back and fully reclined, which is not much since I’m aginst the back wall. I am wondering how the non recliner version of the seat would work, if it would require seat belt mod and if the fixed position is nutral.

Last edited by R1-Addict; 01-27-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: crazy typos
Old 01-27-2019, 08:22 PM
C5SCCA
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

My opinion as a guy who has the Elite X seats...youre too tall to be comfortable. At 5' 9" they're perfect for me but if I was 6' plus I think they would be horribly cramped. Comfort is obviously ssubjective so you may not really know until you try.

The upside is they are 100 times more comfortable to sit in than the marshmallow seats.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by R1-Addict
I have read as many threads that I can find on seats in the C5, I really like the Braum Elite X and realize I’ll have to do a C6 conversion with the adjustable seats because the the C5 mechanism is in the way. I am 6”3 and run my seat all the way back and fully reclined, which is not much since I’m aginst the back wall. I am wondering how the non recliner version of the seat would work, if it would require seat belt mod and if the fixed position is nutral.
p
Check out Marrad industries seat options. I’d start with looking at his stock seat conversion. It’s a bit spendy but putting in an aftermarket seat will run more money and more headaches. Marrad also has a fixed back seat that accommodates the C5 stock seat belt. I used the ultra low seat mount bracket and it gave me almost another inch headroom. Owner Mark is really helpful. If you are 6’3”, you need help from a knowledgeable guy like Mark.

Last edited by Bossdog; 01-27-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:22 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by R1-Addict

I have these seats with planted brackets..and I'm 5'11 and fit perfect with the recliner! But as mentioned it will be tight for you..I think the head room might be more of a problem..I have my seat position all the way back on a slight angle and my head is 2" from the top..hope this helps!

Last edited by 04zjimc; 01-27-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:27 AM
R1-Addict
Advanced

I appreciate the comments so far, more information from me, my cay is a convertible and I don’t race it so head clearence with a helmet wont be in the mix.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:43 AM
dskinsler83
Drifting

Received 322 Likes on 223 Posts

The Elite or the Elite X? One is slightly smaller than the other. The Elite is just a touch smaller in height but a touch longer in seat. I am confused on which one to get but I do think I want the fixed back style.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:07 AM
R1-Addict
Advanced

I am looking at the Elite X.

Get notified of new replies

To Braum Elite seats fixed or recliner

Quick Reply: Braum Elite seats fixed or recliner