Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I didn't wear my Cargo shorts today, it was 22 *F. I did go to the store and got one of my Primo spots, at this store.

todays parking spot..

So not wearing your cargo shorts made you park on the white line?

Old 03-07-2019, 09:04 PM
jpm995
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
So not wearing your cargo shorts made you park on the white line?

Parking on the white line was brilliant. Not really blocking the unusable space for disabled driver while leaving room on left for some car to swing door wide and still not hit his beautiful vette.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:40 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

WOW !!!! what you can learn on this forum !!!! who would have thought of that ???????????
Old 03-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Pounder
WOW !!!! what you can learn on this forum !!!! who would have thought of that ???????????
YOU ?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:47 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

didn't know you had to be a Einstein to know how to park ???????????
Old 03-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Pounder
didn't know you had to be a Einstein to know how to park ???????????

Really...
Old 03-08-2019, 12:25 AM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I was Never trying to tell someone how to park their car.... I was only offering my logic as to the way I park.. the idea was not to force what I do down anyone throat. I even said for people to just consider it. For 90 % of the people out there, finding any parking spot that is convenient is their only focus on parking.
But for 10 % of the people who park in public parking spots , their method of choosing a spot is subjective. Over my 18 years here Ive seen many people say they park out in the boonies, or some other method to provoke some small minded adolescent of any age. Some of those people complain about being vandalized, in some way.

If you consider giving a coward ( a secluded spot for their folly, fun , revenge, ( look at this ******* moment ) jealously , its party your fault for giving them that seclusion.. No one vandalizes a car when its park where all kinds of walking traffic and witnesses are steps from your car. While parking close can have some issues with cars parking too close, opening doors, not caring about your car or theirs.. So what is the answer.. ? Park close but park smart... you just have to find a spot that is advantageous.

Oh let me share this.. Yesterday I was at the grocery store.. there are several primo spots at this store . about 8. I was parked in one of them. ON my way out of the store, I heard this crash.. about 15 spots from me. I heard a female, berating the driver of a New Toyota Rav 4. Apparently the driver, a young girl about 18 or 22 drove her or ( moms ? )new car into the 4 foot high 4 ft square cement abutment for a parking lot light pole. The passenger , also a young girl jumped out of the car yelling and laughing, saying I can't believe you just destroyed the front bumper of your car. Those two young girls walked right past me as I was right up close to the grocery store.. The driver looked at the damage and laughed.. the passenger laughed and as they walk to the store and passed me, all they could do was laugh about it... responsible ?? hardly.. they would have done the same thing if they had hit a car., there is no safe place to park with immature adolescents or adults who just dont care The Idea about parking smart is to try to reduce the risk. Again the conscious decision to park in a smart spot , takes some thought. If you care about your car, think about where you park, and that does not mean show others that you think your car is special and requires a special spot. Parking way out in the boonies is something I would never do...

Again, this is just something for people to consider. here is just one example.. there are these shopping cart corrals, the ones around me have impact plastic side rails. parking in the spot next to one of these and deep enough in the spot to reduce anyone hitting your car with their cart. If you can get close to the rail, it gives the next spot a lot of room to park and little change to have a door swing open and hit you. Usually handicapped spots are double wide.. some parking lots have two or three at the end of each isle.. parking in the first non handicapped spot after these is a smart spot. If you go around a parking lot, just for fun and try to find some smart parking spots, you will find them...the idea is to reduce the risk as much as [possible without looking like an ***.

Bill aka ET

Sorry, but I'm LMAO, Wait a minute, after reading your post a second time, I'm ROTFLMFAO.

There is no such thing as your parking smart. It makes no damn difference where you park, some mindless disrespectful idiot is going to get you. It's more of a "being lucky" situation if nothing ever happens to your vehicle in a public lot. Parking out in the boonies cuts down the chances of someone smacking your car more than any of your suggestions but you're still at risk no matter where you park. Like Clint said, "Do you feel lucky, well do ya punk?"

I've kicked in few doors in my time returning someones respectful gesture. Went to the grocery store and parked in the first spot in the row at the front of the store. Got out of my truck and some old fart turns in and drags the side of his car along my left rear bumper. One beautiful day I was feeling like a lucky young punk and was walking out of a fast food place (KFC) as the person that just parked next to me was walking in. He parked so damn close to my car I couldn't fit my skinny *** between the two cars even going sideways. I yelled out a few choice words, he turns around and looks as I climbed up on his trunk and walked up on his roof over to my open window and then crawled into my car thru the open window. While sitting in my car talking to my Daughter this old Continental pulls in next to me. This grossly fat woman opens her door and finishes pushing the door wide open with her foot smacking her door into my mirror. I rolled down my window and went off on her like a napalm bomb.
I don't throw my doors open hitting someones car or park like an idiot. I put my carts in the corral and I respect other peoples property. If you are an idiot and damage my property I'm not going to say, oh well, **** happens, and then drive home and call the insurance company while I drink myself to sleep. You can drive around the parking lot 50 times looking for that one special "Smart Spot" but in reality some idiot is going to out smart you and it's just a matter of time before your luck runs out.

Last edited by GTs 58; 03-08-2019 at 01:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pounder (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by GTs 58
Sorry, but I'm LMAO, Wait a minute, after reading your post a second time, I'm ROTFLMFAO.

There is no such thing as your parking smart. It makes no damn difference where you park, some mindless disrespectful idiot is going to get you. It's more of a "being lucky" situation if nothing ever happens to your vehicle in a public lot. Parking out in the boonies cuts down the chances of someone smacking your car more than any of your suggestions but you're still at risk no matter where you park. Like Clint said, "Do you feel lucky, well do ya punk?"

I've kicked in few doors in my time returning someones respectful gesture. Went to the grocery store and parked in the first spot in the row at the front of the store. Got out of my truck and some old fart turns in and drags the side of his car along my left rear bumper. One beautiful day I was feeling like a lucky young punk and was walking out of a fast food place (KFC) as the person that just parked next to me was walking in. He parked so damn close to my car I couldn't fit my skinny *** between the two cars even going sideways. I yelled out a few choice words, he turns around and looks as I climbed up on his trunk and walked up on his roof over to my open window and then crawled into my car thru the open window. While sitting in my car talking to my Daughter this old Continental pulls in next to me. This grossly fat woman opens her door and finishes pushing the door wide open with her foot smacking her door into my mirror. I rolled down my window and went off on her like a napalm bomb.
I don't throw my doors open hitting someones car or park like an idiot. I put my carts in the corral and I respect other peoples property. If you are an idiot and damage my property I'm not going to say, oh well, **** happens, and then drive home and call the insurance company while I drink myself to sleep. You can drive around the parking lot 50 times looking for that one special "Smart Spot" but in reality some idiot is going to out smart you and it's just a matter of time before your luck runs out.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

“This little droid. I think he’s searching for his former master. I’ve never seen such devotion in a droid before.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:52 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Interesting discussion. Not a C5 but I typically reserve parking the C4 Z anywhere unless I have to. If I do, it’s just on the outside of the most dense parking and I park one side against a lot divider. Any stops are usually fairly quick in and out. That means most of my trips in it are pleasure trips without need to stop anywhere. I understand many on here use their Vettes as daily drivers, so it can’t be helped.

As far as getting revenge on people who mess with your Vette: things are definitely different these days. Not sure about where everyone else lives, but people here in Jacksonville are decidedly more ape **** than ever. People are shot/stabbed here over the dumbest confrontations every other day. I wouldn’t risk it, let the insurance do its thing.

Quick Reply: People who make Corvette owners look bad