Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire recommendations

Old 03-14-2019, 05:51 PM
donfischer1

Default Tire recommendations

I recently purchased a 2002 Coupe that has Z06 wheels, currently with mismatched tires. Do I get regular tires, or run flat? What brand/style would anyone recommend?
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM
CinciZ06

Originally Posted by donfischer1 View Post
I recently purchased a 2002 Coupe that has Z06 wheels, currently with mismatched tires. Do I get regular tires, or run flat? What brand/style would anyone recommend?
So if you don't mind having drag radials nitto and Toyo are great choices.

If you want a radial summer tires in stick sizes choices are amazingly limited. It seems most, including myself, go with continential extreme contacts, which are a great prices and a fantastic tire.

Last edited by CinciZ06; 03-14-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:58 PM
Tsumi
CF Senior Member

Highly depends on what you want to do with your car.

Runflats vs non-runflats- entirely personal preference. If you want uncompromised performance and ride, go non-runflats. If you don't want to bother with AAA or patching your tire by the road, go runflats.

Brand/style- depends on budget, what kind of driving you do, and what kind of weather you will drive in.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 PM
stockC5
CF Senior Member

I just installed Firestone Indy 500 on my 2002 convertible. Love the look and the ride and the cost per tire is very reasonable. I would highly recommend you using an independent tire dealer though. An independent dealer, (privately owned) will take their time with a 4 wheel alignment and balance where as the franchise dealers in my opinion will not. I found out the hard way!!!!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:35 AM
ZigZag
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by donfischer1 View Post
You say Z06 wheels so I presume your rear tires are 295-35-18. If so your limited to the best choice is the Continental Extreme Contact Sport. I have them on my C5 vert and they are a very good tire.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Phanni
CF Senior Member

Don, sorry I didn't get back to you with more detail. Pat Busby is visiting us, and I've been a bit busy. I'll try to call this weekend.
Check the tire size you've got now, and that will help us help you. Z06 (genuine) are a different size than standard wheels, but I suspect your wheels are likely Z06 look alike wheels. (after market) The tire size will give us something to work on.

Cousin Steve
Old 03-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Bushman66
CF Member

Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
You say Z06 wheels so I presume your rear tires are 295-35-18. If so your limited to the best choice is the Continental Extreme Contact Sport. I have them on my C5 vert and they are a very good tire.
This is what I run on my 2004 Z06, factory Speedlines. 255's in front (265 not available).

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: