Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 02:40 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
Sir, you need to brush up on Road Force balancers. They do in fact put over a thousand pounds of force on the tire and the computer does WAY more than just check for out of round.

Google search and read for hours, or not.
Well I stand corrected on them placing force on the tire. You are correct there. I still stand by what I said about the real solution to the problem and as you can see the next poster down said the same thing. The road Force balancer cannot remanufacture anything oh, it can't straighten the wheels which by the way I can, it can't cut the outside of the tire to make it round which I also can. As far as I'm concerned the number one feature of the road Force balancer is that it can tell you if you've got components that need replaced such as tires and rims. But beyond that, it's a Band-Aid on an otherwise unfixable problem at best.

The places that have these things are most likely selling you tires. The real solution here is if the machine says the wheel is bent, either fix it or replace it. If the machine says the tire is externally out of round, either grind it round, cut it round or replace it. If you look at their own video they tell you that the number one most common process they do is break the tire back down and realign it. As I said, a Band-Aid at best. They are a nice machine and they do a nice job, don't get me wrong. But they are by no means a cure for all situations and in my world, they're more of a diagnostic tool than they are fixing tool.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Whoops, I forgot the video.

When I had the machine demonstrated to me probably around 2012 or 2011, I specifically asked about the amount of force that was applying and was told it was just riding against the tire. Maybe it has the capability to do that but they don't have to do it all the time, I'd like to believe the guy didn't lie to me or wasn't informed of what he was doing. I would think that 1000 lb running on a 5 inch diameter Idler Wheel, I would be able to see that in the tire and I recall specifically looking for any defamation and didn't see it.

Thanks however for pointing out that my information was incorrect.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Black (03-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Road force tires