C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PAC AOEM-VET1 in 02 Corvette

Old 04-14-2019, 01:37 PM
Stingroo

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAC AOEM-VET1 in 02 Corvette

Anyone have experience with the PAC AOEM-VET1 module here? It's the one that uses your stock radio to add an amp.

I added a single 10 inch sub and amp. Left all the door speakers alone. Prior to this it played just fine and sounded good, just needed some lows.

Now my rear speakers dont work at all and the fronts sound muddy. The sub and amp work just fine and sound pretty good.

What gives?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Stingroo

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump
Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 PM
lewislgZ06
CF Senior Member

Recieved 160 Likes on 147 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-'19

Itís been over 3 years since I installed my aftermarket stereo and amp using the PAC ROEM-VET1, so I donít remember a lot of detail.
Have you double checked all of your wire connections and color coding? Something must be off there.
I didnít have any problems with mine, to the best of my memory.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:41 PM
lewislgZ06
CF Senior Member

Recieved 160 Likes on 147 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-'19

Duh, Iím sorry. I just reread your post and realized you are installing something totally different.
I digress. Hope someone here can help.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:39 PM
YLO Z06
CF Senior Member

Recieved 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You have to adjust the dials on the PAC unit to balance the sound. Use a small screw driver to adjust the audio whilst listening to music. The dials are very sensitive -- a small adjustment makes a big difference in sound!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 PM
GCG
CF Senior Member

Recieved 353 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
...PAC AOEM-VET1 module... ...It's the one that uses your stock radio to add an amp.

I added a single 10 inch sub and amp. Left all the door speakers alone. Prior to this it played just fine and sounded good, just needed some lows.

Now my rear speakers dont work at all and the fronts sound muddy. The sub and amp work just fine and sound pretty good...
The PAC AOEM-VET1 is inserted between the pre-amp outputs from the OEM Headunit and the BOSE DSP module. Therefore, it taps the 4 audio channels to create 4 line level outputs that can be used by an aftermarket amp, passing along the untouched signals to the DSP module. This module processes the audio signals before returning them to the headunit, while also feeding the door subwoofers.

If the rear channels do not produce any sound and the front channels and door subwoofers are muddy it might be that PAC AOEM-VET1 is blocking the rear signals and introducing corruption. Have you tried disconnecting it and plugging back the OEM connector directly into the headunit to see what happens?

It might also be good to re-seat all connectors to make sure all contacts are well and check if the rears come back to life.

Last edited by GCG; 04-16-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: