Sponsored by:

isimple for iphone 7

Old 04-21-2019, 08:13 PM
BodymanBob
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default iPhone cassette adapter

I believe that the cd audio plugin adapter will provide a much better sound. This is simply because the cd side of the radio provideís a much improved audio range over the cassette tape adapter. Remember how much better cdís sounded when you heard a album over a identical cassette tape copy. There where a few hi-end cassette players made that rivaled reel to reel tape decks put they where very expensive and all where set up for 110/220 volts ( home use). Any adapter using a cassette is limited to that format. AND ANY ADAPTER regardless if itís a cd/cassette is limited by quality of the signal from the host devices. Unfortunately a iPhone (IOS) is also limited by design, Android, particularly some of the Sonyís phones can send high def signals straight though a cd hook up for the best sound. Or a dedicated Hi-Def player is another option. Apple does not seem to care about audio quality. And thatís a shame because I use there products exclusively.
Please remember I am not a audio engineer and this is all in my humbled opinion. And I am certainly open to correction. So let the rebuttalís begin.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Cherry3m

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Well, it was great while it lasted. After about 90 minutes, music stopped. Looked at my phone and there are no devices connected. Tried unplugging and replugging several tries, and no luck. Device is just not recognized anymore.

I've never had great success with non-apple lightning cables. I wonder if this is the problem?

Time to contact the vendor... Darn it!
Old 04-22-2019, 09:04 AM
DIABL0
CF Senior Member

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Damn thatís tough. I havenít had any issues. What iPhone do you have?

Are you sure all connections are tight?

Last edited by DIABL0; 04-22-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:08 AM
Cherry3m

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

iPhone X. I'm 100% certain all is connected well. The CD icon still shows in the radio display.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:23 PM
mrlmd
CF Senior Member

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

BodymanBob- I know CD's (digital) have higher quality audio sound than cassettes (analog), but with the ambient road and wind noise in the standard C5, that difference in sound quality is not easily distinguished, If you spend gobs of time and money soundproofing your car, then a serious audio upgrade could be warranted if that's the way you want to go. The pleasure in my car is to hear the sounds it makes and enjoy it, not to ride around in a sound booth. I just chose a much easier path to accomplish my goal - to be able to listen to chosen music on a long road trip when out of range of a decent (or any) FM station. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited by mrlmd; 04-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 PM
DIABL0
CF Senior Member

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry3m View Post
iPhone X. I'm 100% certain all is connected well. The CD icon still shows in the radio display.
did you have your nav on the phone? I had both running an paused my music an when I went back it wouldnít play until I turned off my nav.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: