Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Anyone have any experience with Silvers NA Neomax coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 05:37 AM
Heyitsryan20
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with Silvers NA Neomax coilovers?

As the titles states, any experience with these coils? They seem to be nearly half the price of comparable coil overs and have a good reputation in the BMW world. I have yet to see anything online about them for corvettes.

Does anyone have a set?

https://silvers-na.com/product/silve...-c6-2005-2013/
Old 05-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Stephen Meredith
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

a lot of guys running them in the facebook groups. there was a post just a few minutes ago actually. one of the reps on there gives a discount on them too
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (05-10-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 05:55 PM
STPerry92
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mine just came in. all I have done so far is set the preload on each shock, Brian (the C5 modified rep for FIperformance) is a great guy. was on the phone with him last night, he was giving me install pointers. I can tell you they do feel decently engineered in hand. as far as installation, I haven't gotten there yet but id a assume it wouldn't vary brand to brand. other than the rear adjusters, since you need to drill into the trunk. if you shoot me a PM ill let you know what I think of them after this week.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

I have been attentive to the same FB pages and recent Silvers purchases. Brian is right here in CT. My curiosity is picqued, because I run Ride-Tech HQs at nearly double the cost (not that I care or that it matters) and what this has done is make me realize how many offerings now exist for coil-overs but that we do not have a reliable baseline thread from which to compare them. So many subjective aspects are involved that I suspect comparison would become difficult.
USAZR1 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Heyitsryan20
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Meredith
a lot of guys running them in the facebook groups. there was a post just a few minutes ago actually. one of the reps on there gives a discount on them too
What is the facebook group called?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,938 Posts

The main one I see is C5 Modified. There are a few parts for sale sites too.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:18 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Just had my Silver's installed earlier this week. The front is looking a little high to me but the tech was adamant that this was as low as they were going to go without compromising the ride quality. Anyone have pics of their car lowered on Silver's?
crazybillss (07-04-2023)
Old 10-15-2019, 11:07 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Any updates from you guys... I went with aldans and I had a poor experience as I got a bad set of rears... and I later found out some other people had similar issues but were either ignored or just lived with it... had a friend (who's on here) with aldans have his friend get a set of silvers and he told me his friend's silver setup is so much better... and yet cheaper...

I felt really screwed over and could not even drive my car for over a year and a half since the install as I basically have something undriveable... and had no money to buy another set (I went from a worn out set of HSD coilovers which were a waste of money too...) so I am stuck until next year... and I've been contemplating going with silvers...

The thing is I paid something like $2000usd ... customs, shipping... I am in Canada and our dollar is ****... and I paid $500 to get them installed and corner balanced... only to have an undriveable car... the rep and aldan tread tried to blame it on the shop.. but its a reputable shop with lap time setting race cars... and they told me the coilovers were junk and there was nothing they could do...

I really felt heart broken with basically an undriveable car... been sitting in storage for over a year and a half... and will continue to sit until next summer.....

Last edited by a_ahmed; 10-15-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:18 AM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Bump
Old 02-20-2020, 03:35 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,200 Posts

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
Any updates from you guys... I went with aldans and I had a poor experience as I got a bad set of rears... and I later found out some other people had similar issues but were either ignored or just lived with it... had a friend (who's on here) with aldans have his friend get a set of silvers and he told me his friend's silver setup is so much better... and yet cheaper...

I felt really screwed over and could not even drive my car for over a year and a half since the install as I basically have something undriveable... and had no money to buy another set (I went from a worn out set of HSD coilovers which were a waste of money too...) so I am stuck until next year... and I've been contemplating going with silvers...

The thing is I paid something like $2000usd ... customs, shipping... I am in Canada and our dollar is ****... and I paid $500 to get them installed and corner balanced... only to have an undriveable car... the rep and aldan tread tried to blame it on the shop.. but its a reputable shop with lap time setting race cars... and they told me the coilovers were junk and there was nothing they could do...

I really felt heart broken with basically an undriveable car... been sitting in storage for over a year and a half... and will continue to sit until next summer.....
Which is why it's worth the money to go with a proven setup...Ridetech, LG, JRi etc.

I too looked into Aldan but when all I really found was ONE LONG thread discussing how the OP was winning autocross on them etc I wasn't sold on them. Not enough reviews of them. Plus Aldan was the only shock design allowing compression front adjustment and rebound rear adjustment when NO other company had a design like that. To top it off they were surprisingly lower price so I had my suspicions. THEN I started seeing people reporting issues...so that solidified it for me to pass on them.

I'm skeptical of these low cost coilovers coming out. But if all you do is slam the car on it's *** and go to car shows I guess a cheap coilover will do that for you. If you plan to set the ride height properly and use the car as a functional item I'd urge you to reconsider.

I just installed Ridetech HQ coilovers. Zero install issues, Zero driveability issues, great company support, great warranty, been around for quite some time and source FOX shocks. I'm confident these will be a hassle free setup that can take a beating and keep performing. I'm over "trying stuff and hop it works". I want to do it once do it right and move on.

I just looked them up...default springs are 12K and 8K? Looks like maybe a ~700/450 combo...if that's the case 700 springs will be somewhat stiff.
FYRARMS (02-20-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 03:39 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Ridetech are 4500USD = 5,967.58CAD
Plus shipping, plus customs which will rape me... I can't ...

I would love to get frickin Ohlin TTX, Motons, you name it but no way... I don't have that kind of dough...

The silvers are 1100ish USD (basically 1500CAD) still alot of money after going through two coilover setups and the cost of install, corner balancing, alignment, etc...
Old 02-20-2020, 03:41 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Oh yeah forgot to mention the silvers are apparently digressive which is nice... my fav shocks I ran on my old track car were digressive konis (8611) and with much higher rates rode more comfortably than lower rate shittier chinese shiny brand coilovers...

The koni 8611 wrere at the time 500usd per corner for the shock alone.. i spent alot of money back in the day but I can't do that no more... not including housing, springs, mounts, etc...

Last edited by a_ahmed; 02-20-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:56 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,200 Posts

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
Ridetech are 4500USD = 5,967.58CAD
Plus shipping, plus customs which will rape me... I can't ...

I would love to get frickin Ohlin TTX, Motons, you name it but no way... I don't have that kind of dough...

The silvers are 1100ish USD (basically 1500CAD) still alot of money after going through two coilover setups and the cost of install, corner balancing, alignment, etc...
Ridetech HQ's are NOT $4500...

https://www.ridetech.com/application...ystem-level-1/

Call around to vendors for a better price.

Not to mention, I don't like when vendors can't supply a picture of the ACTUAL product you are looking for. The picture for the Silvers setup isn't for a C5...

Last edited by smitty2919; 02-20-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:53 PM
shadyscott69
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STPerry92
mine just came in. all I have done so far is set the preload on each shock, Brian (the C5 modified rep for FIperformance) is a great guy. was on the phone with him last night, he was giving me install pointers. I can tell you they do feel decently engineered in hand. as far as installation, I haven't gotten there yet but id a assume it wouldn't vary brand to brand. other than the rear adjusters, since you need to drill into the trunk. if you shoot me a PM ill let you know what I think of them after this week.
I know this is an old post but how did/do you like them? I just ordered some today.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:29 AM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I have aldans on my car and i put silvers on my buddy's.

I prefer the way the silvers work. the remote adjusters are great. If i did it again i'd probably go silvers. I'm still 100% satisfied with my aldans. But i like the silvers a lot.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:52 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
I have aldans on my car and i put silvers on my buddy's.

I prefer the way the silvers work. the remote adjusters are great. If i did it again i'd probably go silvers. I'm still 100% satisfied with my aldans. But i like the silvers a lot.
That's good to know. I am really interested in pulling the trigger on coilovers that won't break the bank. I am the guy who likes a slammed look and just cruises to car shows and the like, LOL.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:04 PM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
That's good to know. I am really interested in pulling the trigger on coilovers that won't break the bank. I am the guy who likes a slammed look and just cruises to car shows and the like, LOL.

The red car is on silvers and mines on aldans
my wheels are 1 step bigger. He's on 17/18 and I'm on 18/19

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 05-20-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have any experience with Silvers NA Neomax coilovers?

Old 05-20-2020, 02:55 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx

The red car is on silvers and mines on aldans
my wheels are 1 step bigger. He's on 17/18 and I'm on 18/19
Cool! The stance on the second pic is perfect in my opinion. I lowered mine on aftermarket bolts and its stance is really close to your first pic, but I don't care for it. It's too low in the back. I like to see equal amounts of gap between fender and tire on front and rear. Here is mine. It looks real close to your first pic doesn't it?

Old 05-20-2020, 02:59 PM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
Cool! The stance on the second pic is perfect in my opinion. I lowered mine on aftermarket bolts and its stance is really close to your first pic, but I don't care for it. It's too low in the back. I like to see equal amounts of gap between fender and tire on front and rear. Here is mine. It looks real close to your first pic doesn't it?
The silvers have height adjustability independent of their preloads. So you can go up from where the red car is set at.

I'm not sure if my aldans do. I didnt think they did but they might. I have to look. I honestly can't remember
Old 05-28-2020, 07:01 PM
shadyscott69
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

My Silvers were delivered today. Seem to be really nice. Probably install them next week.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone have any experience with Silvers NA Neomax coilovers?