Sponsored by:

Has anyone have good luck with Rides seat foams

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 06:02 AM
cruzbox
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Has anyone have good luck with Rides seat foams

So I jumped on the band wagon when Rides offered a discount on theirseat covers and foams. Now that I have the time to get into the seat rebuild I’m finding out the upright foams are not even close to being correct, I figured I ask here before I contact the owners of Rides to see what I’m missing? Anyone else have these issues, thanks cruzbox
Old 05-16-2019, 08:32 AM
Josephu
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 137 Posts

Got my leather covers from Ridies. . Got my foam from Ecklers Corvettes. Very pleased with both....
Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 AM
peteinpa
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

Got both my covers and foam from Ridies. Had them professionally installed. Installer commented on the density of the foam and that took a bit more work then expected. In the end I am very happy with both.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 AM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

All foams will need extra cutting for proper fitment, there is a vid out there that explains this, I dont have it handy
Old 05-16-2019, 09:15 AM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

They gave me a $100 refund for the outside back foams because other customers also had fitment problems. Comparing the Ridies design to two other suppliers shows that the mold was designed wrong producing side pockets that are 2" too shallow. Ridies expects a professional installer to rework the foams so they fit but doesn't supply any information of how to do this or where the rework areas are, they only send a picture of the finished install to prove it can be done. I've since bought a complete set of foams from Corvette American and noticed that their foam is softer than the Ridies.
Here is a comparison shot of two outer back foams. Note the two metal 6" long parallel bars placed in the side pockets for a depth reference, the bar on the left is in the Ridies foam and the bar on the right is in another suppliers foam. No amount of steam or heat to the covers as they suggested will compensate for the 2" shallow pocket error.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:23 PM
cruzbox
Instructor

Default Yap!

Thanks for your feed back, I’ll be contacting them later today. How did the bottom foams work out?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

I didn't use them and ordered a complete set from Corvette America so all the foams would be the same hardness.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:26 PM
cruzbox
Instructor

Default Hey guys I need your help!

So I need your guys help, the rep at Ridies is telling me nobody is having issues with there foams fitting, I’m not a professional interior guy but after watching LYALL from C&S and other videos I had enough confidence to take it on. So the covers from Ridies are beautiful not so much with the foams, the rep is looking for anyone that has issues with there foams they bought, if you had issues with your could you please tell me your story, thanks in advance, Jon
Old 05-17-2019, 09:08 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

I’m a big booster of Ridies, even tho’ I bought mine from Interior Innovations which is being ‘absorbed”(?) by Ridies. The back foam area, as shown in the picture with the 6” bars is accurate and I think Ridies needs to own up to it. I LIKE the density of the Ridies/Interior Innovations foam, but it took a lot of digging/gouging/cutting to deepen the pocket so the cover would go over it. There was no way it was going to work without removing material. If I knew this ahead of time I would have been prepared for the ‘fight’. Bottom line is my seats look great after 2 years with no more wrinkles than any pro installation I’ve seen on this forum.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Drice0217
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I loved my seat covers and console, boot and shifter covers. Purchase new seat foam and was unable to use the outside seatfoam due to fit issues.. bottoms and center backs were fine. Wasn’t happy with the outside not being close to working out
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 AM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

Check out “Fast one” post in this thread. He had the same problem and posted pics. He was going to contact ridies and get back to us but never did the latter. Coincidence? I bought my foam from corvette America just last week. It fits perfectly. I would get a refund from ridies for the foam. It’s not worth the extra time to make them fit. Their mold is wrong. Good luck.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eedback-3.html

Last edited by STRMLNE; 05-18-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:15 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

[QUOTE=STRMLNE;1599423434]Check out “Fast one” post in this thread. He had the same problem and posted pics. He was going to contact ridies and get back to us but never did the latter. Coincidence? I bought my foam from corvette America just last week. It fits perfectly. I would get a refund from ridies for the foam. It’s not worth the extra time to make them fit. Their mold is wrong. Good luck./QUOTE].
If I may add to my own statement above, if I had seen this thread before I bought my seats, I would have ordered the cushions from one of the other places. Ridies needs to fix this, their product is too good for the price to have this kind of complaint.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:20 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Whoops. I didn’t notice that fast one already commented on this thread. My fault.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM
cruzbox
Instructor

Default No problem, please let me know!

Please let me know what you experienced with the Ridies foams? Thanks Jon
Old 05-18-2019, 08:10 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cruzbox
Please let me know what you experienced with the Ridies foams? Thanks Jon
Go with corvette America and glue a jute pad on the bottom. 🤙🏼
Old 05-18-2019, 08:26 PM
01pewtervert
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I ordered the covers and foam from Ridies. The foam did not fit well. I had them professionally installed and the trim shop, who has installed many new covers and foam from Corvette America, said the Ridies foam was way off. They spent an extra 2 hours trimming the foam. The bad part is I am not happy with the driver seat comfort. It sits up higher and it's too firm. I don't feel like messing with it right now, but long term I'm going to have to do something about it.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:51 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 01pewtervert
I ordered the covers and foam from Ridies. The foam did not fit well. I had them professionally installed and the trim shop, who has installed many new covers and foam from Corvette America, said the Ridies foam was way off. They spent an extra 2 hours trimming the foam. The bad part is I am not happy with the driver seat comfort. It sits up higher and it's too firm. I don't feel like messing with it right now, but long term I'm going to have to do something about it.
Do you think corvette America foam will sit you down lower? It was my impression that new foam will raise us up a little bit because we are so used to old worn down foam.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone have good luck with Rides seat foams

Old 05-19-2019, 08:52 AM
01pewtervert
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't know if the CA foam would be lower. I suspect all new foam would be a little higher and a little more firm. I could probably live with those items, but the back/lumbar area is actually the worst part. It's just rock hard. I think I will start by talking to the trim shop guy and go from there.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:15 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

With my foam experience I wanted firmer seats, and have no complaints in that regard. Having had some kind of back problem for nearly 45 year and having it frequently aggravated by a bad seat, I’m quite happy with the result, and prefer to sit higher. Of course that means if I’m on the track, the helmet forces me to move the seat lower, or pull the targa, which I prefer anyway. As I stated before, all the references about the difficulty with the seatback foam are spot on.
For the seat itself, I chose to use ballistic nylon rather than jute because didn’t want the bottom to be quite that hard.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:13 AM
bpipe95
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep in the middle of an install myself. Covers are great foam is absolute garbage. I’m surprised one one else has noticed that the bottom foam is actually shaped wrong. It’s flat with less pronounced bolsters, and the nose of the seat is flatter.

Advice to anyone looking at ridies stuff, but your foam somewhere else.

Last edited by bpipe95; 05-19-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone have good luck with Rides seat foams