Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S

Old 01-13-2003, 09:37 AM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S

The weekend was very cold but had a blast with some zo6 guys and some 911 turbos. I love pulling 4th gear on you guys but i hate watching you come back on me in the braking zone. When it comes down to it between these 3 cars it has to come down to driver. HIt reeev limiter in 4th 154mph and ran a best lap of 1:43. I let one of my race buds show me a better line and he ran a 1:39 with traFFIC. A GT2 was on the loose on the track but was only running 1:43's. I would think in a good drivers hands that car would fly. I wanted to run a few laps with him but he was having problems with the car and put in his trailer. OH ya the AMerican boys put the GT2 back in the TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. USA :cheers:
Old 01-13-2003, 10:16 AM
Gaijin
Racer

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S (ryan 94viper)

Most definitely agree with your assumptions....it is the driver and not necessarily the ride that will separate the pack.

:iagree:
Old 01-13-2003, 10:18 AM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S (Gaijin)

:cool: :cool: :cheers: :cheers: :smash: :smash:
Old 01-13-2003, 11:35 AM
silverz06vette
Drifting

HIt reeev limiter in 4th 154mph and ran a best lap of 1:43.
Damm Ryan you are hauling butt on the backstraight. I'm feeling comfortable at 125 there. I have no idea what kind of lap times I run. Don't know if I want to know. :lol:

See you Feb 22 for the Panoz event. Hope it warms up some by then.

BTW I hear that you where the lead car for the lead-follow session. :eek:
Old 01-13-2003, 11:59 AM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Default Re: ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S (silverz06vette)

silverzo6 you are correct i just wanted to warm the tires up a bit( that didnt happen). I wanted someone else to lead but i got nominated as the best of the worst. anyway i was going 60mph around the track and still leaving the lead follow. correct me if i am wrong but the lead follow at panoz track day goes faster than that. Just a little dig, the 3rd car in line was a red zo6. Whats the problem guys dont like it when your tires are rock hard and the temp is bellow 30 degrees.

see at R/A in FEB

P.S. the best thing about the event is thAT only 2 cars got a little damage and they did it on the first session of each day. Fun is going to the track and driving your ride home. :cool:
Old 01-13-2003, 12:22 PM
silverz06vette
Drifting

silverzo6 you are correct i just wanted to warm the tires up a bit( that didnt happen). I wanted someone else to lead but i got nominated as the best of the worst. anyway i was going 60mph around the track and still leaving the lead follow. correct me if i am wrong but the lead follow at panoz track day goes faster than that. Just a little dig, the 3rd car in line was a red zo6. Whats the problem guys dont like it when your tires are rock hard and the temp is bellow 30 degrees.

see at R/A in FEB

P.S. the best thing about the event is thAT only 2 cars got a little damage and they did it on the first session of each day. Fun is going to the track and driving your ride home. :cool:

I can't remember what speeds they do for the panoz lead-follow. I was too busy trying to make sure that I have a good line. ;)

Thats why I hope it warms up some for feb run. Did you follow your 2 lap warmup rule in the cold? I guess you did but some did not. :(

I'm always happy to let someone pass, better than trying to push it too hard. If someone is on my butt in the turns, I figure I can let them go and try to learn something from them in the next turn. :yesnod:
Old 01-13-2003, 12:30 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

When the Porsche GT 2 was running right... it was by far the fastest street car on the track. A yellow "radical" open top racer from England was at least equal to the GT , probably faster.

I was in the Silver Z06, and trying to catch people in traffic was tuff. Ryan was ahead of me early sunday afternoon and with the short session, I couldn't catch him. I did the same thing to him late on Sunday, started second, he was 4th or 5th, I never saw him after the warm-up lap.

The Viper has " a little more top end" on the back straight, the Vette' brakes are better (Ryan's Viper is a 96... no ABS) sooo it gets down to the driver.

The two incidents were during the first lap or two both Saturday & Sunday.. cold track, cold tires, and instructors only!! Should have known better.

Old 01-13-2003, 02:30 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Default Re: ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S (trumper Z06)

Ryan sounds like you had fun :cool: You need to upgrade your brakes and your car will be a monster. Two cars damaged isn't bad considering how cold it was.

Ryan you have to watch it on those cold tires ;) Also, my 93 is gone I'll have to work on something to give you a run. You know JD and I are :crazy:
Old 01-13-2003, 03:37 PM
ryan 94viper
Instructor

Default Re: ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S (trumper Z06)

trumper

I know the GT2 was fast but i wanted my shot because it isnt that often i get the chance to run against that kind of car. If i had the chance i would have
given it my best just to see the difference.

Make sure you sign up for panoz feb 22-23 i will see you at R/A.

ryan :flag
Old 01-13-2003, 04:24 PM
trumper Z06
Melting Slicks

Hey Ryan,

I'm signed up for VIR full course Feb. 15th & 16th.... sooo I'm probably going to miss Road Atlanta Feb. 22nd... UNLESS the weather at VIR causes cancllations early. Then I'll try to jump over to Road Atlanta.

It's really hard to juggle two events back to back with a couple of travel days too. Enjoyed meeting you this past week-end and I'm sure we will get together again!!!

Cya,
Trumper

Get notified of new replies

To ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] ROAD ATLANTA PORSCHES ,VIPERS AND ZO6'S