Sponsored by:

Electric exhaust cutout on auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024, 07:17 AM
link9a
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Electric exhaust cutout on auto

Hi ..is there anyone here he install electric exhaust cutout with his (Auto ) not manual ? All the picture on Google with manual one please post your picture with auto if you can that will be help ...thanks
Old 05-23-2024, 08:11 AM
Missileboy
Pro

Received 387 Likes on 209 Posts

exhaust cutouts have nothing to do with the trans-it is irrelevant. they work the same regardless.
Old 05-23-2024, 08:21 AM
link9a
Racer

Originally Posted by Missileboy
exhaust cutouts have nothing to do with the trans-it is irrelevant. they work the same regardless.
I'm talking about the location .the auto transmission are big not easy as manual one to install them that's why I can't see any picture on Google about cutout with auto transmission Corvette
Old 05-23-2024, 08:38 AM
Missileboy
Pro

Received 387 Likes on 209 Posts

Usually, cutouts are mounted just past the cats long before you get back by the tranny. If you look at a stock C5 exhaust, I would imagine you would mount them just forward of the "H" cross over which is well before the trans. I just installed a Borla Xpipe 2 weekends ago and they could easily fit in that area as there is ~2 inches all around the exhaust and the TT tunnel cover. That is assuming you buy the ones that are "cut into" the stock exhaust tubes. I have seen some that mount back by the muffs and they would be the easiest.

Corvette Innovationz C5 Exhaust Cutouts - Add a Roar

Last edited by Missileboy; 05-23-2024 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:13 AM
link9a
Racer

Originally Posted by Missileboy
Usually, cutouts are mounted just past the cats long before you get back by the tranny. If you look at a stock C5 exhaust, I would imagine you would mount them just forward of the "H" cross over which is well before the trans. I just installed a Borla Xpipe 2 weekends ago and they could easily fit in that area as there is ~2 inches all around the exhaust and the TT tunnel cover. That is assuming you buy the ones that are "cut into" the stock exhaust tubes. I have seen some that mount back by the muffs and they would be the easiest.

Corvette Innovationz C5 Exhaust Cutouts - Add a Roar
l have the Borla X pip but l just need to make sure we're they go .. l was thinking before the leaf spring to x pipe but the problem there is auto big transmission and ldon't want to go further before then the gas tank ..l buy the low profile

Oval Electric

Old 05-23-2024, 02:21 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by link9a
I'm talking about the location .the auto transmission are big not easy as manual one to install them that's why I can't see any picture on Google about cutout with auto transmission Corvette

Does this help? My '03 A4
Old 05-23-2024, 04:23 PM
link9a
Racer

Originally Posted by Glensgages

Does this help? My '03 A4
Thanks for the picture but usually they install them before the spring leaf ... anyway are the sound will be different from the location to other ? ... appreciate your help
Old 05-23-2024, 09:18 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by link9a
Thanks for the picture but usually they install them before the spring leaf ... anyway are the sound will be different from the location to other ? ... appreciate your help
Can't say what they sound like mounted forward. The shop that recently did mine says they always put them in this location with an automatic (I suspect because anything forward could heat the fluid?).
Old 05-23-2024, 09:24 PM
link9a
Racer

Originally Posted by Glensgages
Can't say what they sound like mounted forward. The shop that recently did mine says they always put them in this location with an automatic (I suspect because anything forward could heat the fluid?).
ldon't think so about heat the fluid because we can see must guys they put it before the leaf spring special when they have manual transmission ..
l buy oval cutout low profile that what they suggest qtp company to install them on auto c6 /c5 because the tight area
thanks for your answer

Get notified of new replies

To Electric exhaust cutout on auto

Quick Reply: Electric exhaust cutout on auto