Sponsored by:

Driver's Door Pushbutton Controls Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 07:29 PM
FlyNLow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Door Pushbutton Controls Lighting

Has anyone had experience in replacing/restoring the lights on the driver's side door pushbutton controls? The driver's controls (locks, windows, mirrors) are hard to see at night - gotta get 'em fixed! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers, and TIA
Old 08-14-2004, 07:43 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I haven't had to replace any bulbs there yet, but I have had the window/doorlock control panel off several times. After popping out the panel, rotate it over and you can see where the bulbs are. These are tiny little suckers so your local auto parts store may not have them. Not sure. If not I'm sure you can pick them up at a dealer's parts department (after you pay the required "cover charge" just to walk in ) HTH

Robert
Old 08-14-2004, 07:50 PM
FlyNLow
Instructor

I was planning (please let it NOT be required) to remove the door to get at the controls/lights. Is there (PLEASE) an easier way??
Old 08-14-2004, 08:03 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FlyNLow
I was planning (please let it NOT be required) to remove the door to get at the controls/lights. Is there (PLEASE) an easier way??
Much easier. The panel under discussion here does not require the removal of your door panel. Using a small flat-bladed screwdriver, pry the rear end up gently and then pull it towards the rear slightly and lift out. There is a small wire harness attached to the back side which will prevent you from removing it completely from the car. Turn it over and you will see the lightbulb locations. These are very small and have a plastic base attached to them. Using a small flat blade screwdriver, turn the little slots to the left about 1/4 turn and the bulb will come out. When replacing your control panel, just remember to insert the front end in the door panel first, as it kind of "hooks" up under the front end of the hole and then simply press down the rear and it will snap back into place. The rear edge is where the retainer clip is. If you ever need to, I think the passenger side panel has to removed from the front edge first, instead of the rear. Other than that it's the same procedure. HTH

Robert

Last edited by LoneStarFRC; 08-14-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:32 PM
FlyNLow
Instructor

Awright!!! Thanks, Lonestar!! Much appreciated.......I'm off to get started!

Quick update - that solved the problem! Turned out that the control panel wasn't securely connected to the wires. When I pulled out the control panel, I flipped it over, and the wire connector immediately popped off. Since it should lock in place, it was apparent immediately that this was the problem. I snapped it in, made sure it "clicked" to lock it in, and put it back. Took all of 3 minutes. Works like a charm, and the passenger's window controls now work too! Bonus!! THANKS A BUNCH!

Last edited by FlyNLow; 08-14-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:20 PM
VNVETT
Racer

go to www.spdkilz.com Check out the led lights you can install in about 1 hour.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:56 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Originally Posted by FlyNLow
Awright!!! Thanks, Lonestar!! Much appreciated.......I'm off to get started!

Quick update - that solved the problem! Turned out that the control panel wasn't securely connected to the wires. When I pulled out the control panel, I flipped it over, and the wire connector immediately popped off. Since it should lock in place, it was apparent immediately that this was the problem. I snapped it in, made sure it "clicked" to lock it in, and put it back. Took all of 3 minutes. Works like a charm, and the passenger's window controls now work too! Bonus!! THANKS A BUNCH!
Good deal! And now you know where the lights are and how to get to them.

Robert
Old 08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
SlumpinC5
Drifting

Originally Posted by VNVETT
go to www.spdkilz.com Check out the led lights you can install in about 1 hour.
Yup he emailed me about how to do it. photos.yahoo.com/slumpinc5

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's Door Pushbutton Controls Lighting

Quick Reply: Driver's Door Pushbutton Controls Lighting