C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem message in DIC????? Help!!!

Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 AM
bradleyls103
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Problem message in DIC????? Help!!!

This morning I got into my 2003 Corvette. when I started the car the DIC said "Charge System Fault" for a few seconds and then went away. My volt gauge was reading around 14 like normal, and as I drove to work it stayed between 13.6 to 14.1 Like Normal????? The car seems to be fine. What does that mean???
???????????????
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It usually happens to me when I let it sit for a while, I would not worry.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,046 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleyls103
This morning I got into my 2003 Corvette. when I started the car the DIC said "Charge System Fault" for a few seconds and then went away. My volt gauge was reading around 14 like normal, and as I drove to work it stayed between 13.6 to 14.1 Like Normal????? The car seems to be fine. What does that mean???
???????????????
HA!
Believe it or not you're being warned the Delco battery is about to fail, possibly leaving you stranded, certainly causing you embarrassment and/or inconvenience.

Was getting the same error code on my '03.
Made a decision after it happened 2-3 times that instead of having Chevrolet replace the battery with the same defective garbage?
I'd just bite the bullet & replace the thing now before a failure, and do so with a battery of my own choosing.

That meant just one thing, Optima Red Top.

Shockingly I haven't thrown that code again, since.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
vettexan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my 2003. Does it seem like it is not starting right up? Almost like a hesitation when you turn the key? The dealer put in a new alternator under warranty - still showed same message for about a week even though it was starting better. I took it back and they said that it was showing false readings and should go away. They said that nothing was showing on the computer. It did go away and I have not seen the message since.

BTW - A new battery was installed about 6 months ago. Original died with no warning.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:18 PM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by bradleyls103
???????????????

Mine does this often. Even after a new Battery!

Get notified of new replies

To Problem message in DIC????? Help!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem message in DIC????? Help!!!