C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Group Purchase - RejeX Paint Polish & Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! The rain let up for a while, but will be back. I got a chance to wash my Vette and then use the RejeX. All I can say is it looks GOOD! I did the whole car, windows and wheels including washing it first in 2 hours. It usually takes me 3-4 hours to do a total job. It goes on easy and comes off easier. I usually use about 5-6 small microfiber towels to take off the wax. Using the RejeX, i only used 2. I also didn't get those pesky wax dust particles. I'm very glad I got the chance to try this product. Now, we'll see how long the shine and protection lasts. So far I give it a

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-18-2004, 03:53 PM
_Redline_
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _Redline_
Thanks Barry, I just sent my address. I look forward to trying this out. The last two times I went to central florida my vette was covered in love bugs. I should have taken a picture. My white vette had a black nose.

I got mine Monday. Super fast delivery. I will be giving mine a try this weekend. After the review from JeffC5, I look forward to using it.

Thanks Barry.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:55 PM
MSGvette
Safety Car

This stuff is great. I used RejeX my free bottle (hehehe). I used on glass,plastic,and chrom wheels. I used a little to much in some areas. It came off easy no dust. I am letting it cure now like instructions says. It has a great shine. It is cloudy here now. I will take pix and post. Thanks for the free bottle. I,m sold doing wifes car next.

Formally,
BlkC5vette.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:07 PM
devo
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Barry

I sent you an email I have had the product on my vette for 3 months and its sill looks great!
I dont need any more at this time I still have more than enough left but good stuff man!
Old 11-18-2004, 06:33 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.

I'm still excited about how good it looks. I have a couple of questions:
1. Should I put another coat? Does it build up and look even better?
2. Is this the only product I should use or should I wax it then apply this stuff?
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-18-2004, 11:09 PM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

wow!
thanks to everyone for all the posts in praise of RejeX. i have to say, that if you've never tried it, you're in for a treat as it works so well, and it's so easy to use. i appreciate all the kind words and all the orders that have come in. i hope more of you take advantage of the group purchase offer. it's a great way to keep your car super clean.

as many of you know, mid america motorworks already carries RejeX and CorrosionX. plus, this week i've put together a deal with Corvette Central. i'll be working with them to get it in the online and printed catalogs very soon. many thanks to these great businesses who support our corvette habit.

now, on the question....

JeffC5

multiple coats of RejeX will improve its longevity, shine, slipperiness, and protection/water beading capability. the two coats should be applied within a resonable period of time apart from each other, but there's no need to do it on consecutive days unless you want to. i've done two coats within a month of each other and was VERY pleased with how long it lasted - on the order of 6-8 months for a daily driver kept outside, washed about once a month. just wash the car before the second coat, and dry it really well. then apply the second coat just like the first. if you do it on consecutive days, then the cure time for the second application can be cut to 8 hours.

however, more than two applications back-to-back seems to run into the law of diminishing returns. one coat of RejeX works extremely well, and will not improve much beyond two applications when applied sooner than needed. i know that there are some zaino users who have dozens of applications, and they report that their car really sparkles. with RejeX, one or two applications will pleasantly surprise the most demanding car owner.

as for using other products before or after applying RejeX... we don't recommend using anything before or after RejeX because of what RejeX is and how it works.
RejeX is a very durable paint sealant. it works best when it gets to bond directly to the paint. a layer of wax is not a very durable surface for RejeX to bond to. plus, wax is soft and doesn't stand up to heat very well. when it goes, it's going to take the RejeX with it.

if you wax over RejeX, the abrasives in the wax will scrub the RejeX right back off.

the only time we recommend using a product before RejeX is to resolve any paint issues you might have, such as swirls, micro-scratches, stains, etching, water marks, etc. there are several great products on the market (we recommend 3M Perfect-It) which will remove these paint issues. it's a fine compound, and should be used with caution as it will remove paint. after the issues have been resolved, then the paint is ready for RejeX.

as for other products, like instant detailer sprays, RejeX will shine right back up after a wash with plain water and a wipe down. if you want to use a detailer spray, that's fine. but, as i've said many times, you should make certain that whatever product you use on your car (no matter what it does - clean, shine or whatever), you should make certain that it doesn't contain silicones that can contaminate your car's paint. RejeX has no silicones that can be absorbed into paint, causing problems down the road. i can't recommend a detailer spray as all manufacturers seem to use a little silicone in their formula. i won't use one on my cars.

Devo

thanks for the glowing product review. i'm very happy that you're pleased with how well it works.
i've checked my inbox looking for your email but don't see anything. please resend it so i can get you a reply.

the group purchase is still going on. please be sure to go back to the original post in this thread and bookmark the group purchase link. it's like having an online coupon at your fingertips. also, you may remember we had a group purchase last august on 4-post lifts. if anyone is still interested, we might be able to run this one again. just post your interest here.

thanks all.
best regards,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Barry,

Did the front end, glass and wheels today. Man is that some slick stuff!!! Went on easy and came off easier. I'm gonna do my wife's whole car tom. I'll let you know how it comes out, but so far I'm very impressed

Tks again for your support, and I'll get back to you on the other thing.

Peace
Willfulone

Old 11-21-2004, 01:46 PM
MSGvette
Safety Car

Here is a pix after waxing with RejeX
Old 11-21-2004, 10:20 PM
PaPaChoc
Racer

Sounds like great stuff! Is it available at any parts place or do I have to order direct?
Old 11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by X-AutoProducts
multiple coats of RejeX will improve its longevity, shine, slipperiness, and protection/water beading capability. the two coats should be applied within a resonable period of time apart from each other, but there's no need to do it on consecutive days unless you want to. i've done two coats within a month of each other and was VERY pleased with how long it lasted - on the order of 6-8 months for a daily driver kept outside, washed about once a month. just wash the car before the second coat, and dry it really well. then apply the second coat just like the first. if you do it on consecutive days, then the cure time for the second application can be cut to 8 hours.

as for using other products before or after applying RejeX... we don't recommend using anything before or after RejeX because of what RejeX is and how it works.
RejeX is a very durable paint sealant. it works best when it gets to bond directly to the paint. a layer of wax is not a very durable surface for RejeX to bond to. plus, wax is soft and doesn't stand up to heat very well. when it goes, it's going to take the RejeX with it.

as for other products, like instant detailer sprays, RejeX will shine right back up after a wash with plain water and a wipe down. if you want to use a detailer spray, that's fine. but, as i've said many times, you should make certain that whatever product you use on your car (no matter what it does - clean, shine or whatever), you should make certain that it doesn't contain silicones that can contaminate your car's paint. RejeX has no silicones that can be absorbed into paint, causing problems down the road. i can't recommend a detailer spray as all manufacturers seem to use a little silicone in their formula. i won't use one on my cars.
Barry

I am interested in your product. Could you give a brief application discription. It sounds like there is a curing stage.

Questions:
1. Since you are saying it should be applied to paint not wax how do you recommend removing the existing wax (Mothers..every 3 weeks)

2. How does it clean off rubber/weather strip...is there a white residue

3. Its hard to break old habits....I would be applying a coat at least every month. Is there any potential problem doing this.

4. Are special applicators necessary

5. Will Meguir's detailer and a microtowel harm the RejeX. If the stuff is as good as you say the detailer (silicons) shouldn't ever get to the paint surface....right??

I'm a WAXER...if it GLOWS it GOES!!

Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

MSGvette

WOW, great looking shot of your freshly RejeX's car. you can almost see how slippery the paint is. RejeX will clean up with a stream of plain water. it will shine right back up when you wipe it down to dry it. the more you wipe it, the more it seems to shine. thanks for posting the pic.

PaPaChoc

there are several places to buy RejeX, either in stores or online. my company is the factory-authorized RejeX distributor to the automotive market. my job is to get it into a variety of sales channels. if you have a favorite parts store, you can email me their contact info and i'll see about adding them to our network.
otherwise, you can order from the factory at list price, or buy it from me (a CF sponsoring vendor) at a discount. we even discount the shipping. with our CF discount, the total cost to have a bottle shipped to you is $18.09 delivered.
you can click the following link to order online at the forum discount price, or call me at the number below.

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

Macinamouth

these are great questions. here are the answers...
1) removing wax - we don't recommend chemically or physically stripping the existing wax as solvents and compounds can cause other problems if not used properly. all that's necessary is a good wash with a decent detergent. if the soap is strong enough to clean away greasy road grime and exhaust residue, then it's also pulling the oils out of the existing layers of wax, which is all you really need to do. i've used dawn and it works fine.

2) rubber/weather stripping - regarding your use of the word "clean", as an FYI, RejeX is simply a sealant and has no cleaners, but at the same time, it will not harm rubber, weatherstripping or adhesives in good condition. it will not leave white residue on these surfaces. it also will not scratch, lift or discolor clear bras or decals in good condition. however, you shouldn't get RejeX or any polish/wax on the black plastic trim that has a slight surface texture to it. this material always has a faint white stain if any wax or polish gets on it, so be careful or use a tape to mask it off.

3) you can apply RejeX as often as you like, but i think you'll find that you won't need to apply it every month unless you want to. RejeX will bead water and shine really well even after a several of months.

4) special applicators - as long as your applicator is clean and soft, then it's fine. you can use foam, terry, sponge or microfiber. you can do it by hand or by machine. i use a terry bonnent on a 10" buffer. i like to get the applicator slightly moist which keeps it from absorbing all the RejeX. RejeX should be applied in a VERY thin and even layer. it stays on for about 10 minutes, then wipe it off with a soft, clean towel and let cure overnight. i wipe it down again after the cure time.

5) microfiber & detail sprays - using microfiber is perfectly fine, either to apply it, remove it, or for applying the detailer spray. and, you're right, the silicones in the detail spray will not penetrate the RejeX.

good questions.

the group purchase is still going on. please call if you have any questions or comments.

thanks all,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 11-22-2004, 01:21 PM
_Redline_
Racer

MSGvette

good questions.

the group purchase is still going on. please call if you have any questions or comments.

thanks all,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Barry,

I have a question, is it ok to wash, then clay, and then use the RejeX?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

_Redline_

yes, it is a good idea to wash, clay bar, then apply the RejeX. the clay bar will pull additional gunk from the paint, then the RejeX will seal over it leaving a very durable barrier so your paint is protected very well.

here is a link to a page on my site that has some pointers for getting the most protection, shine, slipperiness and durability from RejeX...

http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/rejx_uses.htm

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Barry, I'm going to order a bottle ... missed the freebie, darn it! The shipping is barely more than sales tax if I bought it locally, assuming it's even available.

I'll try it on my Vette as well as my wife's Jeep. We take it to ballgames a lot of weekends, and are frequently coming home in the wee hours of the morning when there are plenty of bugs ... and they're hard to get off!

Is it ok to to use on the headlights also?

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:51 AM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

RocketDawg

yes, you can use RejeX on headlight covers. it's also fine for clear bra's and decals in good condition. it won't lift, scratch or discolor these surfaces.

and as for the freebie, if you're former military, just let me know. i'll be sure you get the free SpeedX offer.

thanks for your order,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 11-29-2004, 11:26 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

OK, i just ordered it. And yes, former military ... 20+ years as a Naval Reserve Engineering Duty Officer.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:08 PM
saalanghae
Racer

I'm going to order me a bottle as well. And also I'm former military (4 USN and 8 in US Army National Guard). One question tho, do you have something for the interior (dash, door, seats, etc..) ues? I would like to order one if you have that as well.

TIA

Get notified of new replies

To New Group Purchase - RejeX Paint Polish & Protectant

Old 11-29-2004, 11:29 PM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

saalanghae

thanks for your interest in RejeX. be sure to place your order using the link below, and enter a comment about your GI status so i know to include the free SpeedX with your order.

and, no we don't have a product for the interior.

best regards,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 PM
pdd000
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i ordered a bottle. cant wait to try it out
Old 11-30-2004, 12:10 AM
saalanghae
Racer

saalanghae

thanks for your interest in RejeX. be sure to place your order using the link below, and enter a comment about your GI status so i know to include the free SpeedX with your order.

and, no we don't have a product for the interior.

best regards,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Cool, I just ordered one. Looking forward to the product.

Quick Reply: New Group Purchase - RejeX Paint Polish & Protectant