Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Does anyone on this forum NOT like the Electron Blue???

Old 07-23-2001, 02:04 PM
Silver TT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just about to order a new '02 Z06. I am going through the usual issues of trying to figure out which color I want.

I have always loved black for vettes, but living in the city, I just can't keep the car clean enough to look great all the time.

So I was leaning towards silver to keep the re-sale value high and the dirt fairly unoticeable.

But lately I just keep seeing all these beautiful photos http://www.c5registry.com/2k2z06/photos/02l.jpg of the EB color and I can't stop thinking about it.

I am thinking which one is going to look the best with a few coats of Zaino on there....and there was some comment of EB being able to hide the dirt and dust that will surely show up on the NBM and the Black.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Old 07-23-2001, 02:16 PM
Zippy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 2, 9 & 10 Veteran
St Jude donor '09

Electron Blue is awesome! Go for it!
Zippy

Old 07-23-2001, 02:35 PM
Silver TT
Racer

Anyone see an EB vette up close yet?

Is the color considerably darker than the old Nassau Blue? More like the old Grand Sport color maybe?

That nassau blue was a little too bright for me.

Old 07-23-2001, 02:44 PM
chrisj
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Silver TT,
Check my EB picture page at the end of the week. I had a fellow forum member send me some pics he snapped outside the plant of the plant managers EB Z06.
It is on a cloudy day and the car is not in show condition (if I remember correctly) so that might help you. If they aren't up soon enough, send me an email and I will send them to you.
chris
Old 07-23-2001, 03:52 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Blue, black and dark green are tough to keep clean. The darker the color the bigger the problem. But when clean they look wonderful.

Silver probably hides dust and a little dirt the best. It also hides scratches.

Blue does very little for me and is my least favorite choice of vette colors, but this is a preference thing. All Corvetes are wonderful, period.

Red has the highest resale value, hence: "resale red".

Pick the color you like and enjoy it. Forget the practicalities. This car is not about practical.

Old 07-23-2001, 04:01 PM
svtls1
Advanced

I saw an electron blue Z06 at the Spearfish corvette meet and it was nice but not for me. It seemed similar to the Grand Sport blue. It also wasnt as fast as my black 01 Zo6!
Old 07-23-2001, 04:33 PM
hubvette
Pro

Originally Posted by Silver TT:
[B
Anyone see an EB vette up close yet?

Is the color considerably darker than the old Nassau Blue? More like the old Grand Sport color maybe?

That nassau blue was a little too bright for me.

[/B][/color]
Standing right beside one at the Factory on June 25th....As having had a Grand Sport prior.....I can truthfully say here the Eblue is 'almost' the same hue as the Admiral Blue,but it has a metallic flake to it. Yes,it is DARKER than the Nassau Blue for sure!!

This time around it is YELLOW for me!! [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2001, 08:15 PM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

It's awesome!!! Already have one on order. Can't wait to take it to Carlisle next month.

Check the pictures in this article: http://www.c5registry.com/2k2z06/index.htm

Old 07-23-2001, 10:07 PM
KellyZ06
Instructor

If as many people get EB as they say, it is going to become a very worthless, boring color on a vette. There are some classic colors on vettes that are never old like red or black. EB ain't one of them, IMHO. The herd went for yellow last year, this year it's EB, next year it will be purple. But when all is said and done it's your car and your choice. Incidentially, EB will not be an easy color to maintain----swirlys
Old 07-23-2001, 10:57 PM
av8or3
Burning Brakes

That's a beautiful color for sure,and a great picture...I had to stick to the black myself.It's really not so tough to keep clean.You could find a carwash that softens
(the hands) as it cleans

Old 07-24-2001, 12:24 AM
Bleck
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like it, but I'm not changing my order.. Well, then again, I may change it to Yellow.

Old 07-24-2001, 07:23 PM
PbPedis
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

KellyZ06...how can you say Corvette and worthless in the same sentence?
There will be more red and black ones, does that make them more worthless. BTW, metallic paints usually don't show swirl marks very much. I've seen an EB car and don't think it will be hard to maintain.

Old 07-24-2001, 07:40 PM
levrac68
Melting Slicks

Maybe the pics don't do it justice, but I am not a big fan of it. I may change my mind when I see it in front of me. Or should I say behind me.

Old 07-24-2001, 07:55 PM
beggar
Racer

I like all the available colors but I would have to put EB in the last place. Dark blue has never appealed to me, not just on cars but on any object. My first choice is yellow, then black. Black looks good on almost any car, but it does get dusty easily.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:15 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

I do not like the blue but if u do I would buy it...can't go wrong with red or black
Old 07-24-2001, 09:39 PM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by KellyZ06:
[B
If as many people get EB as they say, it is going to become a very worthless, boring color on a vette. There are some classic colors on vettes that are never old like red or black. EB ain't one of them, IMHO. The herd went for yellow last year, this year it's EB, next year it will be purple. But when all is said and done it's your car and your choice. Incidentially, EB will not be an easy color to maintain----swirlys[/B][/color]
I have to echo the earlier comments about your post. What color is you Vette? It could be primer gray as far as I'm concerned and I'd still like it. The EB will NEVER be worthless, much to the contrary and if you're not into working hard on your car to maintain it you shouldn't own a Corvette. [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2001, 09:40 PM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by levrac68:
[B
Maybe the pics don't do it justice, but I am not a big fan of it. I may change my mind when I see it in front of me. Or should I say behind me.

[/B][/color]
I think you were right the first time, in front. [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/eek.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2001, 10:15 PM
KellyZ06
Instructor

Well, I did say IMHO, and unlike some members I merely answered the question, without digs to others. Some people just ain't happy unless they can criticize. So ESAD

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone on this forum NOT like the Electron Blue???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Does anyone on this forum NOT like the Electron Blue???