Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Warning about poor Ebayer

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:06 PM
EatRice
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning about poor Ebayer

Just a little warning to everyone who buys on Ebay. I purchased a set of gauge cluster rings from vispeedinc..here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Listing stated 2 sets available. I paid with paypal at the end of the auction. That was on March 5th. It is now the 16th and I still have not recieved the product. I sent them an email asking where my product is. There response was less than professional. Here is a copy of the emails.

In a message dated 3/11/2005 10:11:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, soundsgr8@hotmail.com writes:

Dear vispeedinc,

I won this auction on the 5th of March and have paid for the item. I would like to know when I will recieve the product. I am in Forida also and should have recieved it by now. Thanks Randy Swartz

hey randy

order was sent from our supplier, had a slight delay over there

order has been shipped, be there in a couple days

thanks

john

That email was recieved March 14th. 3 days after I inquired. I responded with this and recieved this email today.

In a message dated 3/14/2005 5:43:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, soundsgr8@hotmail.com writes:

So in other words you did not have the product in stock and are having it
dropped shipped. So now I will have to wait close to two weeks or longer for
something I should of had in two days. That is horrible business. For your
information I will not do return business with you and leave neg feedback.
Randy Swartz

well with that attitude we dont nor need your return business. and if you're going to leave a negative feedback based on your opinion, well, we'll have to leave one as well.

I sent them a response letting them know that it was fine to leave negative feedback for me. I will contest it with Ebay since they have no grounds.

This is just a heads up for everyone. It is my first time having a problem with Ebay. What really bites is the guy is in Florida. I should have gotten the product in three days. Not only that this stuff is not for me. I bought it for yellowvette837 since she does not have an Ebay account. Now two forum members are getting the run around. Hopefully the items show up and all is good.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Thanks for the headsup. I will make sure never to do business with them ever. BTW goodluck contesting this issue with Ebay. BTW Ebay dont care about anything all they want is their final value fee and listing fee. I have been there
Old 03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
lvvette777
Race Director

I HATE sellers who leave negative feedback when the buyer did their part. They use it to hold the buyers hostage, it pisses me off. I flat won't leave feedback for a seller when I do my part and they want to play the "feedback game".
Old 03-15-2005, 03:26 PM
TorchedTexan
Pro

I actually bought some from this guy too and had the same problem. I did get them. But I think it took about 3 weeks from the time the auction ended.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 PM
ragtopws6
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Half of the seller have "Automated feedback" system. If you leave a good feedback, they will do the same. WTF? That defeats the whole purpose. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:32 PM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

That sucks
I hope it all works out. I want my gauge cluster rings

Thanks for the favor Randy
Old 03-15-2005, 03:32 PM
vetty
Racer

I hate ebay, its a scammers playground...
Old 03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
junkmn
Racer

If you look at the feedback on the seller, it shows 9 negatives in the last 6 months and a few more for 12 months. I don't buy anything from anyone with more than one negative in 6 months.

Even then it can backfire. Had this psycho calling my house because he said I didn't pay for a $5 item. Then he leaves feedback that I never paid him even though he obviously received the money because I got the item. I return the favor of negative feedback and then he calls me several more times at 6:00 A.M. He cooled it when I told him I was a prosecuting attorney and I would be calling the attorney general in his state if he did not stop harrasing me. Obviously ebay leaks info to sellers. Was ver mad that this guy got my home number from them!! If he would have lived closer he may have gotten a good old fashioned a$$ whoopin.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:04 PM
CCONKLIN1
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ragtopws6
Half of the seller have "Automated feedback" system. If you leave a good feedback, they will do the same. WTF? That defeats the whole purpose. Thanks for the heads up.
Actually, it is quite a timesaver if you are running thousands of auctions per month like my company does. I don't see how it "defeats the purpose". How long would it take you to list 2200 feedbacks for completed auctions? Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
Best,
Chris
Old 03-15-2005, 04:20 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1
Actually, it is quite a timesaver if you are running thousands of auctions per month like my company does. I don't see how it "defeats the purpose". How long would it take you to list 2200 feedbacks for completed auctions? Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
Best,
Chris

I agree...it also keeps buyers from leaving unwarranted negatives in some cases. You'd be surprised at how often the seller has problems with the buyer. They'll leave negatives when they haven't paid...they'll leave negatives if you hold an item 2 weeks on a personal check (even though it's clearly stated in auction terms)...they'll leave negative if the item is not the size they thought it was (even if dimensions are clearly marked in the auction)...

It sucks that you have to wait 3 weeks...reviewing feedback should give you an idea of this...for instance, many of my customers state in their feedback that they received the item much sooner than expected...
Old 03-15-2005, 04:25 PM
lvvette777
Race Director

Best,
Chris

Explain to me how making the buyer leave positive feedback before getting positive feedback is fair?? It is not, the buyer gets screwed in a situation like this everytime. They paid for the item quickly and without incident. Now they have totally completed their end of the bargain right? But if the seller drops the ball and the buyer gives them a negative feedback, the buyer gets the same negative. How is that fair?
Old 03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Originally Posted by lvvette777
Explain to me how making the buyer leave positive feedback before getting positive feedback is fair?? It is not, the buyer gets screwed in a situation like this everytime. They paid for the item quickly and without incident. Now they have totally completed their end of the bargain right? But if the seller drops the ball and the buyer gives them a negative feedback, the buyer gets the same negative. How is that fair?

Nobody says life is fair...and eBay is no different. It's not fair the other way b/c buyers will leave unjustified negatives...

By waiting for a buyer to leave feedback first, it allows an honest seller a chance to work out a potential problem with a buyer.

I got a negative last week for a stupid $10 phone I sold. It worked fine and I tested it before it left. The buyer emailed me, telling me it didn't work. I told them to send it back and I'd replace it, or refund their money if they wanted. I didn't hear back from them...figured they must have gotten it working (all it likely needed was a charge on the battery). A month later I get a negative...turns out the buyer claims to have not gotten my email offering a replacement/refund. Was a big hassle, but was able to get it resolved through a mutual feedback withdrawal. If I'd left a positive when they paid, I would have had no recourse, even though I was doing the right thing...
Old 03-15-2005, 04:52 PM
CCONKLIN1
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lvvette777
WHOA little doggie! I NEVER said it was "fair". I am just trying to point out the logistics involved in leaving feedback, especially in the case of a high volume seller. Please remember that leaving feedback on ebay is OPTIONAL, and at the discretion of the buyer and seller. Yes, it is ENCOURAGED to leave feedback, but it most certainly is not a mandatory requirement. And as Josh points out, and I can attest to, there are a LOT more problems that sellers have with buyers than with the reverse. If I were to leave negative feedback for every person that did not pay for an item and they were to retaliate, I would have HUNDREDS of unwarranted negatives.
Not everyone can be as honest a seller as Josh (Pacethis).
Best,
Chris
Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Originally Posted by EatRice
Just a little warning to everyone who buys on Ebay. I purchased a set of gauge cluster rings from vispeedinc.
Listing stated 2 sets available. I paid with paypal at the end of the auction. That was on March 5th. It is now the 16th and I still have not recieved the product. I sent them an email asking where my product is. There response was less than professional.
That guy was banned from this very forum for scamming forum members and ebayers 2 years ago. To this day he still owes me $230.00. So he is still at it huh? He will never learn. Here is his ebay I.D. history: HISTORY. You may recognize some of those names from this forum. He used several names here over the years to scam people. Here is his current ebay listings: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...assZvispeedinc Stay away.

Last edited by RandyVettes; 03-15-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
EatRice
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I wonder if he is the guy that was using pics off of FRCTom's web site to promote his own stuff?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:30 PM
ragtopws6
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Best,
Chris
When I said "it defeats the purpose", I ment that when I pay for something right after the auction ends the seller should leave a feedback before I have to leave one to get one. Say that fast 3 times.....LOL
Old 03-15-2005, 05:53 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Originally Posted by ragtopws6
When I said "it defeats the purpose", I ment that when I pay for something right after the auction ends the seller should leave a feedback before I have to leave one to get one. Say that fast 3 times.....LOL
Unless you're one of those buyers (which I'm sure you're not, just illustrating an example) that will then claim the item is not functioning, or not as described, asking for a partial refund, and threatening negative feedback if we won't do it. If you've already left feedback, then you can't threaten a negative. At the same time, if there is a problem, you should always contact the seller before leaving feedback...

Get notified of new replies

To Warning about poor Ebayer

Old 03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
shineyredc5vette
Intermediate

I had a similar experience with them, took 15-20 days to get my Z06 style screens here and they say in their auction 3-5 business days. They offered to sell me factory z06 screens for $99 to make it up to me, checked their other auctions and that was full price and other ebayers sell them for around $60. Their just plain slow but you will get your product.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
IJustSmile
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Randy, sorry to hear about the inconvenience, hopefully you will receive them soon. Once again this just goes to show that ebay is nothing more than glorified mail order. BTW thanks again for the good deal on the seat covers.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
jeffsc5
Racer

Oddly enough, I just bought two items from him and had great success. He answered an email within a day on a question I had too. I got both my orders (gauge bezels and z06 screens) within 3-4 days to Indiana. I just ordered some clear euro taillights from him today. Hope I stay lucky. Thanks for the heads up though!

Quick Reply: Warning about poor Ebayer