Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS-NIB PowerBond (Same as SLP) 25% Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley for LS1,LS6,LS2 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FS-NIB PowerBond(Same as SLP) 25% Underdrive Crankshaft Pulleys for LS1,LS6,LS2 Vette

All Sold.

Trying to pass my good deal to others. SLP gets their pulleys from Precision Parts
of Australia and relabels them as SLP. Precision Parts sells them under their own brand
PowerBond and they are SFI certified. The least expensive I've seen them is at
Texas Speed for $199.99 but most places sell the SLP pulley for $229-$299.
It requires a Gates K060775 or equivalent belt, and the stock a/c belt since it does not
underdrive the a/c compressor. Several owners of the ASP pulleys reported belt slippage,
but the design of the PowerBond with raised sides prevents slippage or thrown
belts. Constructed of steel, the weight is approximately 10 lbs., roughly equal to the stock
pulley.

The part # is PBU1117-SS25, and it is intended for 1997 to present LS1, LS2 and
LS6 Corvettes as seen on the Texas Speed site. They WILL NOT fit F bodies or LS7 motors.
You'll also need a GM LS1 Crankshaft (Harmonic Balancer) Bolt part # 12557840 which retails
for $4.24.

Price is $140 shipped FEDEX ground. My paypal address is chillimd@adelphia.net.
I will ship one the day after I receive your payment. Thanks.

Bill Heitman

Last edited by Dr Chill; 06-08-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Tru_Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I just purchased a bunch of these underdrive pulleys/harmonic balancers at a great price and wanted to pass this on to fellow forum members. They are brand new in factory sealed boxes. SLP gets their pulleys from Precision Parts of Australia and relabels them as SLP. Precision Parts sells them under their own brand PowerBond and they are SFI certified. The least expensive I've seen them on the internet is at Texas Speed for $199.99 but most places sell the SLP labeled version for $229-$299. They are made of steel and the A/C pulley is not underdrive (a plus IMO) and uses the stock belt. I'm not sure which serpentine belt to use with the pulley as mine will not be installed until next week. Several owners of the ASP pulleys reported belt slippage, but the design of the PowerBond with raised sides prevents slippage or thrown belts. It is a very high quality part and is very popular with F bodies on LS1Tech. Constructed of steel, the weight is 7.6 lbs which is slightly lighter than the stock pulley.

The part # is PBU1117-SS25, and it is intended for 1997 to present LS1, LS2 and LS6 Corvettes as seen on the Texas Speed site. They WILL NOT fit F bodies or LS7 motors. You can check them out on the Precision Parts website.

Price is $140 shipped FEDEX ground. If you would like one, PM me your name and address and I will send you one when I receive your paypal payment. Thanks.
What else do I need w/ this to make it work? If it'll work on my coupe, I'll take one.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tru_Ice
What else do I need w/ this to make it work? If it'll work on my coupe, I'll take one.
Just a shorter serpentine belt and a new crank bolt. best time to do one is when doing a cam, or in my case, when fixing a leaking crankshaft seal.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Black 79
Burning Brakes

How is the AC not underdriven without a second pulley?
David.

Last edited by Black 79; 04-23-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Originally Posted by Black 79
How is the AC not underdriven without a second pully?
David.
It is a double pulley. The pulley driving the water pump, ps pump, and alternator is 25% smaller, the a/c pulley is the same size as stock. If the purpose of the pullley is to add power, then one would assume the power is to be used when the a/c is off when it causes no parasitic loss. Underdriving the a/c(especially on a cammed car) would decrease the a/c performance unnecesarily.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:37 PM
stealthjr
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok...I'm game! However, I don't see your Paypal info...can you let me know what it is and I'll get you the $140 ASAP.

Thanks,

Robert
Old 04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Thanks Robert. PM sent.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
stealthjr
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I got your PM...twice. However, I only sent you one payment!

Please let me know when item ships and a tracking number please!

Thanks,
Robert
Old 04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

I thought you wanted two . I was going to offer you a volume discount too.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Dr Chill
Drifting

ttt
Old 04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Black 79
Burning Brakes

Default Undrerdrive Pulley

Doc:
I did not realize that the AC had a second, dedicated belt (until I looked).
Are you running one on your car?
Do you have any of these babies left?
Thanks - David.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:15 AM
minytrker
Burning Brakes

Man what a great deal, I ordered one last week from a shop and payed more than your selling them for, but thats my luck. I just installed the pulley and it is top notch for anyone who is doubting the quality. Great price on a great pulley!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Originally Posted by minytrker
Man what a great deal, I ordered one last week from a shop and payed more than your selling them for, but thats my luck. I just installed the pulley and it is top notch for anyone who is doubting the quality. Great price on a great pulley!
Thanks for the props. Mine will be installed Tuesday when HP Sales fixes my crank seal leak. I still have quite a few left, but have sold 6 so far. They will ship as soon as my packing boxes arrive which were supposed to arrive yesterday. Nobody aroud here had the proper sized boxes.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:31 PM
jbetanc
Instructor

i will take one, please send info
Old 04-23-2006, 06:07 PM
gppracer
Instructor

I'll also take one.Please send me the info.
Greg
Old 04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
TWNTERBO
Racer

Default Great deal

I'll take one as well. I installed the ASP pulley on my car when I did heads and cam two weeks ago and now the A/C compressor cycles on and off constantly when the car is at idle. I wish I knew that the PB pulley didn't underdrive the A/C before I spent $$$ for the ASP.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
kdub1
Racer

I'm definitely interested, but was wondering if anyone has experienced any low voltage issues at idle with the 25% underdrive. I know there are overdriven alternator pulleys available to compensate for the underdrive on the crank, but is it necessary?
TIA,
k

Get notified of new replies

To FS-NIB PowerBond (Same as SLP) 25% Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley for LS1,LS6,LS2 Vette

Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I can vouch for the quality of this piece (I ordered one for my cam install - very well made, would outlast the motor no doubt) but I returned it because it was several pounds heavier than the stock pulley.

You have to remember the Y-body (Corvette - aluminum center) is different than the F-body pulley (Camaro - probably steel), and it IS lighter than an F-body pulley, but NOT lighter than the stock C5 part.

Some folks won't care (same people who put repo-chromed rims and ABS of steel instead of aluminum on their car), and like I said before, it's a high quality unit, but please don't mislead anyone into thinking they are getting something they are not.

The other reason I went with the ASP is I wanted maximum benefit, i.e. under-drive on both A/C and accessory pulleys. I run this combo with stock idle and no A/C-cycling issues (that is un-related I am sure.)
Old 04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by kdub1
I'm definitely interested, but was wondering if anyone has experienced any low voltage issues at idle with the 25% underdrive. I know there are overdriven alternator pulleys available to compensate for the underdrive on the crank, but is it necessary?
TIA,
k
The answer is absolutely not necessary to run an over-drive alt pulley.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:04 PM
SCannon
Pro

Payment Sent

Quick Reply: FS-NIB PowerBond (Same as SLP) 25% Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley for LS1,LS6,LS2 Vette