Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Autocross Trailer for sale-pull with your Vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
racingfast
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autocross Trailer for sale-pull with your Vette

Tired of asking someone to haul your tires to the track? Or--- tired of getting beat on street tires???

I am selling my clamshell trailer. Its 4' wide and 52" long. Sides are 13" high- Can hold 4 race tires (275-40-17 & 315-30-18); air tank, jack, tools, chairs, a pop up canopy, and anything else you need to NOT put in your car. It tows strait as an arrow, I have pulled it 75-80mph and you don't know its there. Plus- all them decals are worth at least 50hp!

New tires plus spare. All it needs is a new paint job. The top is lockable too.... what ya cant see ya dont want to steal!

Licensed in PA as a 1100lb utility trailer, its ready for the road. Asking $500 for it.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 AM
KeaRveK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

sent pm
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 AM
racingfast
Pro

Received a few PM's on this..........To answer some questions--- I made some 2x4's up to raise the lid so it would close and lock with the larger tires in it. It could carry four 275-40-17's when I had a C4... with the Z06, the 18's were too tall.

Anyways....it is a factory built trailer... Dont remember the name brand off top but I can find it on the title. As for waterproof? It has a rubber gasket around the lip---but when I re-did the 2x4 extensions, I didnt really make it waterproof again since my tires didnt care. SO-- it CAN be made waterproof.

My hitch is still on my car- not included with sale. I need this because as those who know me, know it has my signature statement on it- my propeller.
Obviously I cannot ship this--- its for pick up only. You can either tow it home or load it up on a pick up bed- but its wider than 4' so that will be tricky. Better to put it up on a larger trailer- but then-- what is the point of that? You are STILL towing a trailer.

I have contacted the first PM and will go down the list in order- THANKS BRIAN
Old 03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
supercharged z06
Racer

Default Trailer

Brian,
Is There Enough Room For 4 Tires 335/18's And 295/18's ?
If Not, Then I Can Probably Fit One Tire In The Car . What Else Were You Able To Fit In There Besides Your 4 Tires ? I Just Need To Know Where I Can Buy A Hitch For A C5 And C6 Corvette. I Can Pick Up The Trailer At The Next Pocono Event On 4/15/08 If You Are Going To Be There ? How Much Was This Trailer New ? What Are You Using Instead Now ? Do The Lights Work On It ?
Since You Were One Of My Previous Instructors Will You Include Some More Driving Tips ?
Thanks , Ray RCCA7@YAHOO.COM
Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 AM
racingfast
Pro

Originally Posted by supercharged z06
Brian,
Is There Enough Room For 4 Tires 335/18's And 295/18's ?
If Not, Then I Can Probably Fit One Tire In The Car . What Else Were You Able To Fit In There Besides Your 4 Tires ? I Just Need To Know Where I Can Buy A Hitch For A C5 And C6 Corvette. I Can Pick Up The Trailer At The Next Pocono Event On 4/15/08 If You Are Going To Be There ? How Much Was This Trailer New ? What Are You Using Instead Now ? Do The Lights Work On It ?
Since You Were One Of My Previous Instructors Will You Include Some More Driving Tips ?
Thanks , Ray RCCA7@YAHOO.COM
HI RAY---I fit two 275's and two 315's.. I am gonna say your combo wont fit. If one goes in the car you are golden.

I used to carry one of those Instant UP canopies...a small tool box, my jack, air tank, a gas can, rags and stuff, wrenches, jack stand- you can really pack it....

This is like an 86 trailer- I bought it used from a guy graduating from tow behind to tow truck, which is what I am doing now- Actually I am really considering taking my car off the road. I tow it everywhere anyways. And it is kinda LOUD

All the lights worked last time I used it.. Would have to re-check but cept for a bulb I would say YES.

Hitches are in EKLERS & MID AMERICA....

One PM sent to me from DAYTON OHIO asked about shipping-- obviously thats not gonna happen.... You will need to take a road trip out here.

I will be @ the APRIL event and unless I am already assigned, we can go for a ride! PM me your phone number if you wanna talk. I have to think how I can get it to the track in addition to my car trailer.. How were you gonna get it home? I only live 15 mins from the track.

BRIAN
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 AM
racingfast
Pro

Hoping to sell this asap..... Anyone need it?

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Trailer for sale-pull with your Vette

Quick Reply: Autocross Trailer for sale-pull with your Vette