Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

LSX OIL CATCH CAN FOR SALE w/ FREE S&H

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, you dispose of the stock PCV since the checkvalves are also configured to meter the correct amount of flow.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man.... one last thing. What do you think about their oil cap filter with built in check valve? Is this necessary to get the job done ?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

The fresh air source tube lets some oil in at WOT, so if you want the cleanest intake air charge, yes.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

wait, what fresh air source tube are you talking about though?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

On the 97-04 the crankcase draws its filtered fresh make up air from the top of the TB through a hose that connects to the inner front of the passenger side valve cover. When useing a breather this MUST be capped off or your drawing in to much unmetered air not passing through the MAF and your fuel trims will go wild. With any breather, the RX included this must be deleted and the fittings capped. With most breathers the amount of airflow is unrestricted and under WOT there will be excess crankcase pressure backing out of the breather venting to the atmosphere which is non-emmisions compliant. The RX breather avoids this with the integrated check valve in the breather assy.

Here are some pics of cans just out of the paint booth ready to assemble:

Breather & can on a twin turbo V6 2010 camaro:
Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Vettedriver986
Pro

so when using the filter option does this eliminate the need for one of the hoses on the rx can?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 AM
The Bat Car
Pro

Originally Posted by Vettedriver986
so when using the filter option does this eliminate the need for one of the hoses on the rx can?
No. The RX can comes in 2 different configurations. The single valve is for NA or top mounted SC and the dual valve is for Turbo & front mount SC. The breather would eliminate the OEM fresh air tube between the pass side inner front of the valve cover and the intake air bridge on LS2/3, or top of TB on LS1/6.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

Ahh, I understand now. This catch can stuff is complicated.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

Well worth it for those that want the best for their baby.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by The Bat Car
No. The RX can comes in 2 different configurations. The single valve is for NA or top mounted SC and the dual valve is for Turbo & front mount SC. The breather would eliminate the OEM fresh air tube between the pass side inner front of the valve cover and the intake air bridge on LS2/3, or top of TB on LS1/6.
How is the breather filter serviced in the future? Is it washable or is it necessary to spend another $39 and replace the whole piece? Is the checkvalve removable?

I'm curious since I don't want to cut a hole on my coil cover and wonder if the checkvalve could be transferred over to a "low profile" breather.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

I just placed an order on the website for a black dual valve setup for my 2004 corvette z06. I hope you have it in stock ready to ship, because I need it this weekend really. If you dont have that color that can ship today, please let me know what colors you do have ready.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

The checkvalve can be added to a different filter. It can be purchased separately. The one we use is 1 3/4" total height from the low profile oil fill cap and yes, it is washable like any K&N style filter. :thumbsup:
Old 03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

Have the black in stock....you will have it before the weekend.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
thechosenone
Melting Slicks

Im sure i'm gonna add to the beating of this horse thats been dead on page 2 but my set up is full bolt ons', cam, and 150 shot of nitrous. So I am pretty sure I go with the single valve correct? And do I really need the breather filter or is it just for more protection and by using it does it eleminate anything stock wise? And does the filter go on the actual catch can or on the oil fill cap? And do the directions that come with it, explain everything for different set up's, ie N/A, top super charger, procharger, turbo ect ect? And does it comes with mounting hardware as well? Sorry for all the questions just wanna go over all this before I purchase it.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

Aweomse.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

do you still retain the cars stock pcv valve in line somewhere or do you rid of it with this setup?
No, you dispose of the stock PCV since the checkvalves are also configured to meter the correct amount of flow.
Does this include removal of the fixed-orifice type "pcv"? I have the LS2-style fixed orifice and it would be a PITA to get to since it's incorporated into the outlet tube on the valley cover up under the intake manifold. Maybe cap it off and use another location(s)?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Have the black in stock....you will have it before the weekend.
you have a PM

Get notified of new replies

To LSX OIL CATCH CAN FOR SALE w/ FREE S&H

Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 PM
The Bat Car
Pro

Originally Posted by KLR Z
Im sure i'm gonna add to the beating of this horse thats been dead on page 2 but my set up is full bolt ons', cam, and 150 shot of nitrous. So I am pretty sure I go with the single valve correct? And do I really need the breather filter or is it just for more protection and by using it does it eleminate anything stock wise? And does the filter go on the actual catch can or on the oil fill cap? And do the directions that come with it, explain everything for different set up's, ie N/A, top super charger, procharger, turbo ect ect? And does it comes with mounting hardware as well? Sorry for all the questions just wanna go over all this before I purchase it.
Single valve is what you need. The application you order will come with pretty much everything you should need. Hose, bracket, bolts, and instructions for the application you specify. If more is needed PM me your email & I'll send all diagrams, etc.

Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC
Does this include removal of the fixed-orifice type "pcv"? I have the LS2-style fixed orifice and it would be a PITA to get to since it's incorporated into the outlet tube on the valley cover up under the intake manifold. Maybe cap it off and use another location(s)?

On a stroker or FI build I reccomend capping the valley orfice and pull from the drivers side valve cover rear. You can look at it and it should have a plug in a gromet (depending on the year) that can be popped out and a fitting or standard metal PCV valve inserted.

Good questions!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

does this mean my 04 z06 with the ls6 valley has to be blocked off? Is there I way I can know it has pcv built in without removing the whole damn intake, etc.?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM
The Bat Car
Pro

does this mean my 04 z06 with the ls6 valley has to be blocked off? Is there I way I can know it has pcv built in without removing the whole damn intake, etc.?
The LS6 valley fixed orfice is sufficient for a bolt on car, but if FI or a big cube/stroker build the orfice is to restrictive to deal with the added crankcase pressure developed. So if your a bolt on car your fine using it. If not then do the drivers side valve cover mod and pull the crankcase vapors from there and cap the valley nipple.

All LS6/LS2/LS3/andup have the valley cover evac vent with fixed orfice. There is an issue with some leaking around the baffel on the underside where excess oil is pulled in because of this, but it is not really widespread.

Ls1 will draw from the drivers side valve cover and have a true PCV valve in the plastic/rubber lines between the drivers side valve cover and the intake manifold vacuum nipple. This set up deteriorates over time and the rubber parts disintegrate allowing vacuum leaks.

Last edited by The Bat Car; 03-29-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: LSX OIL CATCH CAN FOR SALE w/ FREE S&H