Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

COMP Cams LS Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade (GM LS1, LS6, LS2 & LS3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:07 AM
COSPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default COMP Cams & Lunati LS Rocker Arm Trunnion Upgrade SALE

Colorado Speed LS Retro-Fit Rocker Arms, 1.7:1 (GM LS Series)

There’s no denying that the GM LS engine platform has proven itself as a performer. The valve train is no different, with an improved design that makes for a perfect combination of power and durability to complement the impressive cathedral port cylinder head design. The rocker arm design features a lightweight, yet stiff rocker body that is strong enough for most applications. However, when it comes to high performance racing applications, high rpm and high valve spring pressures can put the factory rocker arm’s trunnion under intolerable stress.

Colorado Speed has taken an OEM cast steel replacement rocker arm body and added a captured roller trunnion for use in extreme street and race applications. Perfect for drag and circle track racing applications that mandate the use of stock engine components, this performance rocker arm modification is a “must have” upgrade for your LS factory rocker arms. The captured roller trunnion increases stiffness and durability and is NASCAR proven.

Colorado Speed uses COMP Cams® with a new LS rocker arm retro-fit trunnion kit that replaces the cageless, loose OEM needle bearings and powdered metal trunnion with a premium 8620 steel alloy trunnion and caged roller bearings for added durability. The new design from COMP Cams® utilizes caged roller bearings that greatly reduce the possibility of the bearing failure experienced with stock LS needle bearings, which can send loose needles throughout the engine upon failure.

Colorado Speed LS Retro-Fit Rocker Arms are based off customer supplied core rocker arms. Customers can either supply their OEM rocker arms to us or prepay a core charge and send us their core rocker arms within 30 days for a core charge refund. Each customer supplied core rocker arm is checked in detail and refreshed. Customer supplied core rocker arms must be in useable condition. No core charge refunds will be issued on damaged unuseable customer supplied core rocker arms.

If you are supplying your core rocker arms to Colorado Speed, a representative will contact you on shipment after receiving your order.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

COMP Cams LS Series Retro-Fit Trunnion Upgrade Kit (GM LS Series)

Valve train technology leader introduces new premium trunion upgrade for GM LS rocker arms to optimize both performance & durability

There’s no denying that the GM LS engine platform has proven itself as a performer. The valve train is no different, with an improved design that makes for a perfect combination of power and durability to complement the impressive cathedral port cylinder head design. The rocker arm design features a lightweight, yet stiff rocker body that is strong enough for most applications. However, when it comes to high performance racing applications, high rpm and high valve spring pressures can put the factory rocker arm’s trunion under intolerable stress.

Enter COMP Cams® with a new LS rocker arm retro-fit trunion kit that replaces the cageless, loose OEM needle bearings and powdered metal trunion with a premium 8620 steel alloy trunion and caged roller bearings for added durability. The new design from COMP Cams® utilizes caged roller bearings that greatly reduce the possibility of the bearing failure experienced with stock LS needle bearings, which can send loose needles throughout the engine upon failure.

Perfect for drag and circle track racing applications that mandate the use of stock engine components, this performance rocker arm modification is a “must have” upgrade for your LS factory rocker arms. As proof of success, for the last two years this rocker arm trunion upgrade has been tested and performance-proven in the NASCAR GM LS spec engine series.

Features & Benefits:
• Replaces OEM powdered-metal trunion with stiffer, more durable 8620 steel alloy material
• Factory needle bearings replaced with caged roller bearings to increase rigidity & reliability
• Designed for circle track & drag racing classes where stock engine components are mandated
• Performance-proven & tested in NASCAR GM LS spec engine series

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

Lunati LS Retro-Fit Rocker Arms, 1.7:1 (GM LS1, LS6, LS2 & LS3)

Lunati has taken an OEM cast steel replacement rocker arm body and added a captured roller trunnion for use in extreme street and race applications. The captured roller trunnion increases stiffness and durability and is NASCAR proven.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE FOR THE LS1, LS6 & LS2

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE FOR THE LS3

CURRENT DISCOUNT COUPON CODES

If you have any questions, please e-mail or call us as we do not frequent CORVETTE FORUM and may not answer any posts in a timely manner. Thank you.

Last edited by COSPEED; 04-30-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
ILM-Express
MFIC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

bump for a great looking product !
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
orth_98vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

W O W just bought these from another forum member and charged me 200$.. guess i was took hope these are really worth the price in performance..
Old 04-08-2011, 01:41 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by orth_98vette
W O W just bought these from another forum member and charged me 200$.. guess i was took hope these are really worth the price in performance..
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have done 3 sets of these and they seem like a nice upgrade and very easy to install.

TTT for a good product
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Definitly on my must do upgrade list

Patrick
Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got a set ordered for my car great deal!! free shipping
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I got my kit today that was fast! ill let you all know how the install goes
Old 08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be a stupid question, but.......

Is the press mandatory, or has these been assembled using a bench vise?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM
IM28702
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by orth_98vette
I don't think this is a performance upgrade. These are all about reliability. The factory rockers love to spit out the needle bearings causing a huge performance deficit when it fails completely. But as far as installing these and gaining tenths in the quarter, or ponies at the tire I think you will find a nil gain.

Still a great product, and a great price though.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Hotwired
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought these were out of stock for a month????
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Called and left a message. Need to place order ASAP. Please call back so I can get order placed and shipped. Need for a build taking place next week. Thanks

Cajun@BER
Old 12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
JuicedH22
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you happen to offer CF or any other discounts?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM
rnelson11
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

At what point, if any, did GM fix this problem? I have a 2004 coupe and kept hearing about the plastic sway bar ends on the C5s but when I changed my bars last week the ends were metal.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
JuicedH22
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rnelson11
At what point, if any, did GM fix this problem? I have a 2004 coupe and kept hearing about the plastic sway bar ends on the C5s but when I changed my bars last week the ends were metal.
what??? You realize these are rocker arms, for the engine valvetrain right? Not suspension components.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
rnelson11
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JuicedH22
what??? You realize these are rocker arms, for the engine valvetrain right? Not suspension components.
Yes, I do realize this. I'm just saying that there are some things on the C5 that were fixed on the 2004, like the plastic end links, and was wondering if GM fixed the bearing pin retaining problem at some point as well. I would hate to buy these and then see that my 'rocker arm bearings' are OK.

Last edited by rnelson11; 12-07-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got mine last week from you and did them easily with a drill press today. Was very easy and took less than 2 hours pressing out/in the new pieces.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 01-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To COMP Cams LS Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade (GM LS1, LS6, LS2 & LS3)

Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Just ordered a set of the Lunati's for my LS3/L92. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Just got a set of these in. Great price, free shipping. Bump for a great seller.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 AM
kwik ws6
Instructor

nice deal

Quick Reply: COMP Cams LS Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade (GM LS1, LS6, LS2 & LS3)